First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Junko Yoshida and EE Times carefully analyzed the autonomous driving videos that Mobileye shared earlier this year. Afterwards, they had a productive discussion with Mobileye's CTO to learn how the machine's visualizations are formed, and why it is making certain object classification errors. Good read if you want to nerd out on just a few of the complexities involved with building a safe, artificial driver.

https://www.eetimes.com/is-av-software-driver-detecting-what-we-are-seeing/#

In case you haven't seen the videos:

Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Junko Yoshida and EE Times carefully analyzed the autonomous driving videos that Mobileye shared earlier this year. Afterwards, they had a productive discussion with Mobileye's CTO to learn how the machine's visualizations are formed, and why it is making certain object classification errors. Good read if you want to nerd out on just a few of the complexities involved with building a safe, artificial driver.

Interesting, they are taking the same approach as Tesla, just cameras, nothing else.

Edit: Oh wait, they are going to do both and use them for redundancy purposes.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag

While this is very interesting the technology being demonstrated is Mobileye's EyeQ5 their latest generation product which is not yet installed in any production vehicles. However, the following video, which is also very impressive is based on the EyeQ4 generation which is being shipped in the Mach E:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
pretty impressive, actually. I don't think I would trust a car to drive itself in city traffic, but handsfree on the highway I think I will - after seeing it in action firsthand.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I always wondered what tech Ford was using in the Mach-E and it wasn't until I was looking into Comma.ai and the autopilot hardware in Tesla's today that I discovered Mobileye. Seems like the Eyeq4 is from 2018 which is somewhat older tech, the EyeQ5 that was released in 2020 seems WAY more powerful.

As long as the hardware gives me the functionality I want then I guess it doesn't really matter though.
Sponsored