Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
My assumption so far has been that PaaK is just like Tesla's implementation.
Ford must have some cool new features, if it is innovative. If it just copies other EV's, seems like marketing fluff. Same with OTA. I would not call copying others innovative. Hopefully they have a bunch of truly innovative features that have not been done before.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We know they have the keypad option. I’ll bet there’s a fob too.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I've not seen that spec sheet before on the UK website. I'll have a look. Looking at this pdf it would seem that there are differences to what I have got. Interesting
The Spec PDF comes from the Ford press website rather than the consumer website - sorry for any confusion :)

The sheet also covers all of EU - so there may be some minor variations (which is why I created a UK based one which you may have seen in other threads - as Ford haven't produced a specific UK one yet)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn't think so in regards to opening the trunk/frunk/etc. PaaK would/should work just like your FoB. Just as the Mach-E knows your phone is in your pocket to unlock the doors, it'd also let you open the trunk just by standing next to the car with your phone on your person and pressing whatever latch/button to open the trunk.

My assumption so far has been that PaaK is just like Tesla's implementation. Your phone acts just like a FoB in all respects.
Oh you mean just to UNLOCK the tailgate and frunk? Yes. I thought you meant to open them automatically like when you hit the button on the fob.

Yes, simply unlocking should happen with the PaaK, I would think. Then you have to hit the button on the car to actually open a door or the tailgate (or do the handsfree foot activation for the tailgate -- which is WONDERFUL on our Escapes, BTW).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But only for the proximity unlock. To open the hatch, or the frunk, or any other features, it would require unlocking the phone and launching the app.

The PIN pad also takes longer than just reaching for the handle and having to automatically unlock (via fob proximity).

Either way they're both more combersome than the fob. I'm not saying they're useless. For some, not carrying a fob may be a benefit worth those extra steps. But for me, I can't see it being any more than a backup option (like the PIN pad is now, which I've yet to use after 7 years ? ).
To open the trunk on my 2015 mustang, I leave the fob in my pocket and just touch the trunk latch - it then unlocks and I can depress the latch and the trunk opens. I don't see why the MME would be different - especially if you have the foot activated trunk option. I would expect the phone's proximity is sufficient and you would not need to unlock the phone in order to then unlock the trunk/frunk, either. To remote start or open the windows, sure - but not to open the frunk, trunk, doors, or start the car while in the driver's seat.

Nonetheless, you can use the fob instead of your phone all you want. PAAK is merely an additional option for convenience; no use arguing about it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To open the trunk on my 2015 mustang, I leave the fob in my pocket and just touch the trunk latch - it then unlocks and I can depress the latch and the trunk opens. I don't see why the MME would be different - especially if you have the foot activated trunk option. I would expect the phone's proximity is sufficient and you would not need to unlock the phone in order to then unlock the trunk/frunk, either. To remote start or open the windows, sure - but not to open the frunk, trunk, doors, or start the car while in the driver's seat.

Nonetheless, you can use the fob instead of your phone all you want. PAAK is merely an additional option for convenience; no use arguing about it.
My reply above was meant for you instead. I didn't realize it was someone else until I'd already replied.

Yes, just to unlock only, I'd agree that proximity for the phone and fob should be the same. I was thinking actually opening the power tailgate from the fob (or phone).

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The Spec PDF comes from the Ford press website rather than the consumer website - sorry for any confusion :)

The sheet also covers all of EU - so there may be some minor variations (which is why I created a UK based one which you may have seen in other threads - as Ford haven't produced a specific UK one yet)
That's the confusing thing then. On the spec sheet you say you got from the press site it lists things on the RWD without specifying SR or ER. The UK SR doesn't come with 360 camera, intelligent adaptive cruise control to name 2. The ER version does plus other things. The ER RWD also comes with 8 way power seats which your spec sheet says are only available on AWD versions. The tech pack is available as an option on most of the EU sites whereas on the UK site it is included on the ER versions but not on SR.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Europe Describes 5 Innovative Mach-E Features, Including OTA Updates 15884940492131952597432033808465

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

I have just read and printed the pdf spec sheet that you posted on 10 March for UK specs. I didn't see it before. It tallies with what I was seeing elsewhere

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I have just read and printed the pdf spec sheet that you posted on 10 March for UK specs. I didn't see it before. It tallies with what I was seeing elsewhere
I've re-checked it all again and updated it. (surprise surprise Ford have tweaked the website again)

Version 5 attached for your viewing pleasure LOL

Attachments

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I've re-checked it all again and updated it. (surprise surprise Ford have tweaked the website again)

Many thanks for that. See my choice (ER RWD) has lost the adaptive LED headlights which is a shame. At least, at the moment, its the only thing. I did wonder the other day if we had lost this as it seemed to have gone from the 'compare the models' on the website. ? we dont lose anything else

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Many thanks for that. See my choice (ER RWD) has lost the adaptive LED headlights which is a shame. At least, at the moment, its the only thing. I did wonder the other day if we had lost this as it seemed to have gone from the 'compare the models' on the website. ? we dont lose anything else
I pre-ordered the same model - so I’m also watching that one with interest! To be fair it’s pretty well loaded and priced in comparison to the AWD ER option as long as we don’t lose any other features as you say.

I have the adaptive LED headlights on my 2018 Prius PHEV, and to be fair they are distracting and cause me to get flashed at quite a lot! No great loss for me personally when they disappeared on our model.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I pre-ordered the same model - so I’m also watching that one with interest! To be fair it’s pretty well loaded and priced in comparison to the AWD ER option as long as we don’t lose any other features as you say.

I have the adaptive LED headlights on my 2018 Prius PHEV, and to be fair they are distracting and cause me to get flashed at quite a lot! No great loss for me personally when they disappeared on our model.
Okeedokee. The race is on to see who gets theirs first. My reservation number is 414xx

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Okeedokee. The race is on to see who gets theirs first. My reservation number is 414xx
I’m a 313xx so will be interesting to see if the numbers make any difference at all ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

Great info... Looks like there are differences from the US models. If the range is indeed in miles, that would be an improvement, but in line with my thinking given weight and size of the battery for the ER AWD.
Sponsored