Ford Europe Meet The Experts

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I'm going to embrace the dividers, and nurture them in a wholesome loving environment.

When the Mrs. cons me into going to the grocery store for "just a few things" while we're out in my current mustang, it's always a choice of putting the bags in the trunk to roll around and spill their contents, or on the back seat to fall over and spill their contents. I really like the idea of the frunk divider possibly keeping the contents in the bags as I drive home like a maniac. Anything bigger than the divider compartments can go into the trunk and slide around back there as i drive like a maniac.
I think it would be great in holding different liqueurs with the drain hole compartment for ice and making money as mobile bar.
Sponsored

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
No new information given to us from the ā€œlive eventā€. Also, the community management led Q&A on Twitter was a joke. My question got copy and paste reply which was initially an answer to a question I didnā€™t ask, then when I pointed out it was wrong, I got another copy and paste which addresses my topic, but didnā€™t answer the question. Generally the vast majority of questions people had went unanswered. Iā€™m not even sure why they bothered with the effort of an ā€œeventā€ to only answer about 10% of questions. Dealers are going to have a very tough time if they're unable to answer more of these questions.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
No new information given to us from the ā€œlive eventā€. Also, the community management led Q&A on Twitter was a joke. My question got copy and paste reply which was initially an answer to a question I didnā€™t ask, then when I pointed out it was wrong, I got another copy and paste which addresses my topic, but didnā€™t answer the question. Generally the vast majority of questions people had went unanswered. Iā€™m not even sure why they bothered with the effort of an ā€œeventā€ to only answer about 10% of questions. Dealers are going to have a very tough time if they're unable to answer more of these questions.
To be truthful, most of the questions asked were stupid, but yes you are right it was a shambles. Regarding dealers, when we on here go to collect our cars they will be asking us. I don't think the dealers are that interested. There might be a few that are doing their homework but not many I guess

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Finally got an answer to one of our pressing questions. The Frunk organizer is a US requirement for anti entrapment safety. It will be an optional accessory in Europe.

No putting your kids in the frunk then

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
could be an after thought from the lawyers and this was the best option instead of redesign
This has lawyer written all over it.

Designer: Why would I put a kid in the frunk?
Lawyer: I don't know but someone will. Can't have that much space. We have to break it up or we will be sued for hundreds of millions.
Designer: <<sigh>> Ok. Let me build a frunk divider.
Lawyer: <<smile and thinking "I've earned my pay today">>

ArneL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV
Country flag
Bike rack weight is on the list, but that is without an meaning for NA.
Tow hitch is fixed for Europe with 750kg towing mass, but til today with only 30kg tounge weight.
Ford Europe is trying to get a higher tounge weight for bike racks through the (EU-)homologation, but that hasn't happened yet.
Ford Motor Norway has answered that the tow hitch in Europe got a 75kg tounge weight according to the "EU Certificate of Conformity".

They also said the the European AWD versions (including FE) will get "matrix light".

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
so EU people can put their kids in the Frunk but US people can't? :p
Must be okay for Tesla owners in US to put kids up there....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I said that was why a long time ago. Thank you for asking them and getting clear answer.
I suspect we aren't getting the whole story on that thing.
The concern regarding children being trapped in there is valid but there is a lid release inside the compartment just like every other traditional trunk compartment sold in the U.S.

The Rivian has two very large compartments....one up front and one behind the cab. I guess we'll wait to see what actually makes it to production.

The electric F-150 appears to have a pretty large compartment up front from what I hear. There is a chance I'll get to see it today in person so I'll report back with what I see if I am allowed.

Last edited:

Hank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Niro EV
Country flag
Ford Motor Norway has answered that the tow hitch in Europe got a 75kg tounge weight according to the "EU Certificate of Conformity".
Great! Thank you!?
Sponsored