Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I wish BC 1.2 would arrive by 29 June, when l have an 1800 mile trip planned.
Sponsored

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Extension of BC to EOY'23 means just that. We are just assuming BC1.2 will appear sometime this year to 21s/22s because Ford has unofficially hinted at that. But as long as they keep extending BC, we shouldn't really complain.
But having said that, I don't see why BC1.2 OTA is taking this long, considering BC1.0 had been successfully deployed on a bunch of 21s.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I got the same thing extended. I was debating about buying another few years from it but really was waiting for 1.2 to see if it was worth it plus I did not have nay trips coming up for a while after the trail ended.

This is a nice perk for a early 2021 model.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I haven't received the email, but was curious why BC hands-free was still working even though I've passed my original trial expiration date. Checked Connected Services and sure enough it's been extended out.

OP
OP
dougni

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
Yep, me too…extended to end of year. I enjoy it when I use it. But don’t drive that much on the interstate.
I get to use it everyday, so that’s pretty awesome. I’m excited for 1.2.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
+1 that I got the email and extension.

* puts on speculation hat *
I suspect that there are changes in the works for the BC system for all Mach-E model years -- be it BC 1.2, different plan pricing, or other -- but not ready yet when most folks have their (now previous) expiration date. I think it's safe to say a lot of customers wouldn't renew once it's gone, so extending to the end of the year buys time for Ford to make a compelling enough argument to renew for all model years.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My guess it's partly because of the ongoing hold on Job 1 BlueCruise updates. The hold has been going for 3.5 months now, dealers haven't been able to update Job 1 cars to BlueCruise 1.0 since early December.

highmesa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 BMW i4 xDrive40
Country flag
My guess it's partly because of the ongoing hold on Job 1 BlueCruise updates. The hold has been going for 3.5 months now, dealers haven't been able to update Job 1 cars to BlueCruise 1.0 since early December.
I was one of those people. I just finally got BC 1.0 last week, with the trial running through 3/20/24. Since my option plan is up 7/6/24, I won't be buying BC.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Is the shortest subscription term still 3 years? That's crazy stupid.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was one of those people. I just finally got BC 1.0 last week, with the trial running through 3/20/24. Since my option plan is up 7/6/24, I won't be buying BC.
Mine also started to work for the first time a couple of weeks ago so the extension is not a full year like we were informed we would have at the start. Not sure if thanks are going out from all with the time put in trying to get working what did not. I also will be avoiding all ford connected "services" as the tech experience to date is not worth paying a subscription for yet. Google maps works, Siri works, I can stream on my phone so BCHF is the only one that really has any value to me in bettering the vehicles driving experience. Giving us a browser in carplay so we can stream on a larger monitor with the data plan we already have would be nice. That may not be the goal for Ford as it does not generate recurring income.

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
I have not received the mail, but BC was extended to the end of the year, per connected services. No frunk release though 😢😀
My dealer updated my BCM firmware last week and I now have a working frunk release both on the external B pillar and on the Sync4 screen - but not in the FordPass app. This for a '21 First Edition (Job 1).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Mine also started to work for the first time a couple of weeks ago so the extension is not a full year like we were informed we would have at the start. Not sure if thanks are going out from all with the time put in trying to get working what did not. I also will be avoiding all ford connected "services" as the tech experience to date is not worth paying a subscription for yet. Google maps works, Siri works, I can stream on my phone so BCHF is the only one that really has any value to me in bettering the vehicles driving experience. Giving us a browser in carplay so we can stream on a larger monitor with the data plan we already have would be nice. That may not be the goal for Ford as it does not generate recurring income.
The safari in CarPlay Is an Apple decision. You may want to have a chat with Tim 😀😀😀
Sponsored