Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pardon me if this has been definitively answered on this thread or elsewhere: is the 360 camera a part of bluecruise? Since I have a 2023 Select, it's supposed to be a subscription. But BC description does not include any mention of the 360 camera. Nor does the 360 camera show up on my connected services screen on fordpass app. TBH, the 360 camera and the look were the two major reasons I chose MME over Y. Not a fan of autonomous driving, but the camera sure comes handy and would like to keep regardless. Maybe someone who have had a 2023 Select more than 3 months can clarify this.
The cameras are used for such things as when in reverse, are a part of the car and are not a subscription. BCHF is a subscription and requires data from above to function. Lane centering (BCHO) uses sensors and cameras equipped in the car and is also not a subscription is my understanding from here. You should have collision avoidance, blind spot warning etc. also remain which requires the cameras. Think you are ok with the cameras without BCHF.
Sponsored

TallNate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The cameras are used for such things as when in reverse, are a part of the car and are not a subscription. BCHF is a subscription and requires data from above to function. Lane centering (BCHO) uses sensors and cameras equipped in the car and is also not a subscription is my understanding from here. You should have collision avoidance, blind spot warning etc. also remain which requires the cameras. Think you are ok with the cameras without BCHF.
For anyone else who needs to know the acronyms:
BCHF = BlueCruise Hands Free
BCHO = BlueCruise Hands-On

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Pardon me if this has been definitively answered on this thread or elsewhere: is the 360 camera a part of bluecruise? Since I have a 2023 Select, it's supposed to be a subscription. But BC description does not include any mention of the 360 camera. Nor does the 360 camera show up on my connected services screen on fordpass app. TBH, the 360 camera and the look were the two major reasons I chose MME over Y. Not a fan of autonomous driving, but the camera sure comes handy and would like to keep regardless. Maybe someone who have had a 2023 Select more than 3 months can clarify this.
I believe they put the 360 camera on all cars now and it is a subscription on Selects, as you state. Later, Ford issued a statement saying that the 360 camera was going to become a permanent feature after the trial period and not roll into a subscription model. So your 360 camera should always work, independent of the BC subscription or any other subscription for that matter.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/360°-degree-camera-feature-is-now-free-free-trial-extended-to-permanent.25426/

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Psh. Y'all been robbed. Demand the 50 year extension they gave me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Extends BlueCruise Trial to December 31 Screenshot from 2023-04-05 17-34-00

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
Psh. Y'all been robbed. Demand the 50 year extension they gave me.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Extends BlueCruise Trial to December 31 Screenshot from 2023-04-05 17-34-00
Mine says the same thing! It has been showing that for the last few months.