First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Hello,
I’m starting to plan a complete speaker/amp/DSP replacement. I have ordered the optional BO system. What I need to know is does the MACH-E have the SYNC3 system that uses Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) that most 2018+ fords use?

thank you!
Randy
Sponsored

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Randy,

I have a GTPE and the B&O system and recently added an external subwoofer/amp for more Bass

As far as what type of sync version, the best person on this forum is @markboris
He is really attentive and knows his stuff…..

try him

good luck

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello,
I’m starting to plan a complete speaker/amp/DSP replacement. I have ordered the optional BO system. What I need to know is does the MACH-E have the SYNC3 system that uses Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) that most 2018+ fords use?

thank you!
Randy
Hi Randy, Yes as far as I know, the Sync 4a system in the Mach-E is the same as the Sync 3 system and uses a digital A2B Automotive Audio Bus so you should be able to get an interface to build your replacement system.

In the last Syncs 3 system where I completely replaced everything, I used the Audison iDataLink Maestro AR interface and a Kenwood iDataLink Ready amp. It was cool in it that it had a Bluetooth connection to your phone and with the Kenwood app, you could adjust all parameters of the amp (settings, crossover, levels, phase, EQ, etc) while sitting in the drivers seat and didn't have to fiddle with controls on the amp. However, that was back in 2016 and I am sure nowadays there are way cooler products out there.

Last edited:

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
In the last Syncs 3 system where I completely replaced everything, I used the Audison iDataLink Maestro AR interface and a Kenwood iDataLink Ready amp. ...
Out of curiosity, how much did this run you?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I too have been researching to replace the speakers and amp. I started a similar thread asking the same. The MME has 9 speakers, with the 9th as the center. I was thinking of an 8 channel amp ( Audison APF8.9 amp) and either get rid of the center speaker or just connect it to one of the 8 channels. The Kenwood is only a six channel. There have been some members that have swapped out their amps but they were professionally done so no one has provided what they used as the digital interface between the amp and the head end unit. I would love to get input from someone who has actually installed a new amp and what they used (i.e. iDatalink Maestro) to connect it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I too have been researching to replace the speakers and amp. I started a similar thread asking the same. The MME has 9 speakers, with the 9th as the center. I was thinking of an 8 channel amp ( Audison APF8.9 amp) and either get rid of the center speaker or just connect it to one of the 8 channels. The Kenwood is only a six channel. There have been some members that have swapped out their amps but they were professionally done so no one has provided what they used as the digital interface between the amp and the head end unit. I would love to get input from someone who has actually installed a new amp and what they used (i.e. iDatalink Maestro) to connect it.
Hey William, I didn't change anything in the Mach-E except disconnect the OEM subwoofer and added my own (plus an amp). However, I did replace the systems in both my Escape and Focus RS when I had them. They are similar to the Mach-E in that you need an interface between the digital signal from the Sync 4 to your new amps.

I used the iDataLink Maestro AR interface for this and connected it to a Kenwood 6-channel amp. I bridged 4 of the channels to give me 200w RMS to the front speakers (4) and left the other two channels default 75w RMS for the rear speakers (4). I replaced both the front and rear door speakers with Focal PS 165FX component separates. Each door has two speakers (Tweeter and Midrange/Midbass drivers) driven from one channel, 8 speakers total. Each door has a crossover box in it. I disconnected the center channel, and added a 500w RMS mono amp plus a sub. Not a high end system but sounded much much better than the OEM Sony system it replaced.

I do not plan on changing the speakers or amps in the Mach-E. While it is not close to a high end sounding system, after tweaking with the tone controls a bit and replacing the sub, I can certainly live with it.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Mark, thanks for the added detail. I do not have my car so I have not heard the sound system. I wanted to do some research in case I did not like the sound. I was planning on replacing the subwoofer with a JL Audio 10" with built in amp. Depending on how the system sounds, I may start with the speakers. I have found that most factory speakers are not that great and you can get more bang for your buck with speakers. The amps are what cost the most. I was looking at the Focal speakers too. If I do change out the speakers and amp, I will be sure to take pictures and create a thread for others.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mark, thanks for the added detail. I do not have my car so I have not heard the sound system. I wanted to do some research in case I did not like the sound. I was planning on replacing the subwoofer with a JL Audio 10" with built in amp. Depending on how the system sounds, I may start with the speakers. I have found that most factory speakers are not that great and you can get more bang for your buck with speakers. The amps are what cost the most. I was looking at the Focal speakers too. If I do change out the speakers and amp, I will be sure to take pictures and create a thread for others.
I think you may like the sound of the system in the Mach-E. It is much better than the previous upgraded Sony systems Ford use to use. Also the speakers, while not super high quality, are better than the Sony speakers were. I assume you saw my thread on upgrading the sub to the one you mentioned. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/adding-a-decent-subwoofer-amp-to-your-mach-e.5481/

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Thank you @markboris for your response.

I am currently talking with both NavTV and PAC-audio, who both make interfaces that “should work” on mache b&o optioned vehicles.

The units to be used in place of the factory amp (and you still of course need a separate amplifier) are the following:

NavTV
Model: ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B
URL : https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html
Retail $789.00

or

PAC-Audio
Model: AP4-FD31
URL :
Retail $489
URL : https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-fd31

Both companies have never had an install in a 2021/2022 Mach-e. Both products are on back order due to supply chain issues (what isn’t these days ?)

Ask: in order to help the Mach-e community I need someone that has a 2021/2022 to take pictures of the following:

1. the factory amp

2. Connectors that go to the factory amp unplugged. Showing wire color if possible. (Power, speaker outputs etc)

I can then continue working with these two companies to verify the equipment works with our cars. More than likely it will since the Ford factory A²B system is universal across most models

thanks,
Randy

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you @markboris for your response.

I am currently talking with both NavTV and PAC-audio, who both make interfaces that “should work” on mache b&o optioned vehicles.

The units to be used in place of the factory amp (and you still of course need a separate amplifier) are the following:

NavTV
Model: ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B
URL : https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html
Retail $789.00

or

PAC-Audio
Model: AP4-FD31
URL :
Retail $489
URL : https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-fd31

Both companies have never had an install in a 2021/2022 Mach-e. Both products are on back order due to supply chain issues (what isn’t these days ?)

Ask: in order to help the Mach-e community I need someone that has a 2021/2022 to take pictures of the following:

1. the factory amp

2. Connectors that go to the factory amp unplugged. Showing wire color if possible. (Power, speaker outputs etc)

I can then continue working with these two companies to verify the equipment works with our cars. More than likely it will since the Ford factory A²B system is universal across most models

thanks,
Randy
Hi Randy, here's some info for you. In the base 6 speaker system, the ACM (Audio Control Module) that is located behind the dash outputs to all speakers. In the B&O 10 speaker system, the ACM only outputs to the 3 speakers in the dash (Left and Right tweeter, center midrange). The DSP (Digital Signal Processor) which is what Ford calls the B&O amplifier located in the right rear quarter panel just above the OEM subwoofer, outputs to the remaining 7 speakers (front and rear door speakers and subwoofer). Because the ACM directly outputs to the 3 dash speakers, you are not able to obtain the digital input signal for those.

I took some photos for you below and included the wiring diagram for the three connectors attached to the DSP (B&O Amp). The photos are not the greatest as I am rushed for time but wanted to get this posted before I leave for out of town. Hope this helps you out.

IMG_42715D.jpg

IMG_14375D.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 2.30.49 PM.jpg

IMG_14365D.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 2.30.35 PM.jpg

IMG_14335D.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 2.30.59 PM.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Hi Randy, here's some info for you. In the base 6 speaker system, the ACM (Audio Control Module) that is located behind the dash outputs to all speakers. In the B&O 10 speaker system, the ACM only outputs to the 3 speakers in the dash (Left and Right tweeter, center midrange). The DSP (Digital Signal Processor) which is what Ford calls the B&O amplifier located in the right rear quarter panel just above the OEM subwoofer, outputs to the remaining 7 speakers (front and rear door speakers and subwoofer). Because the ACM directly outputs to the 3 dash speakers, you are not able to obtain the digital input signal for those.

I took some photos for you below and included the wiring diagram for the three connectors attached to the DSP (B&O Amp). The photos are not the greatest as I am rushed for time but wanted to get this posted before I leave for out of town. Hope this helps you out.
Thank you @markboris this give me the information needed to further this effort.

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
While I did not hear back from NavTV, I talked directly with PAC-Audio today.
The good news! PAC-Audio Model: AP4-FD31 is officially supported for the Mach-E B&0 10 speaker system!

official support Below:

URL: https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-fd31

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) & SYNC3 A80A3224-DB62-4302-9724-B55432434224

Included with the kit is a harness that “t” in between the ACM (Audio Control Module) and the factory Left / Right tweeters / center midrange. This will allow you to retain these speakers. The caveat is that you’re going to have to mount the amp in the dash or run those three speaker level outputs to the rear of the car. Personally I would run the speaker inputs to the rear of the car so the amps are all in one place.

32 Pin Harness (Audio Control Module)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) & SYNC3 D746C283-9652-4DA0-97C4-002124C3FC75

Pin-Out of 32 Pin Harness

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford factory A²B® (Automotive Audio Bus) & SYNC3 D8DAFA31-14E7-490E-92A4-C6083AE36DA8

Hope this helps!

Randy

OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Randy,

I have a GTPE and the B&O system and recently added an external subwoofer/amp for more Bass

As far as what type of sync version, the best person on this forum is @markboris
He is really attentive and knows his stuff…..

try him

good luck
Does having the aftermarket subwoofer and amp reduce your mileage when it’s on?

• Haha
Reactions: OWG

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Randy

I am a music lover of all genre & have always added some if not all aftermarket speakers/amps/dsp to improve my sounds to all my rides so this MME ain’t no different
I am fairly sure the mileage or range is not a factor if any
Even if it affects its a little
I don’t care as I am rocking out in my MME….Just me
Sponsored

Last edited: