2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Ford announced that they're offering a deal deferring the first payment on a new car by 90 days but that's overshadowed by GM's announcement that they're offering a 0% financing deal for 84 months.

Any guesses on if we'll see a financing deal for the Mustang Mach-E this fall?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/gm-...-years-delayed-payments-amid-coronavirus.html
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-customers-community-assistance-covid19.html
It's hard to predict at this point. Marketing programs tend to be reactionary. It'll really depend on the situation at the time of launch. As of now I've not heard of any programs in the works, but that could all change.

My guess is that by the time of launch this whole situation will be diminished. Reservations/Orders are strong so demand may outstrip supply at launch which means special programs may not be needed. Maybe programs could be in play later in 2021 after all the reserved units get delivered and if... if there are any dealer inventory units that need to be moved. My guess is that this vehicle will sell itself for the 2021 model year and no programs will be needed.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I hope you're right. But then again, we've got people like @dbsb3233 that would normally be pulling from their retirement savings which have taken a huge hit to the balance sheet.

0% for 84 months seems like a no-brainer to me. It's free money so now the car purchase just becomes a cash flow problem.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
However, by Fall we will still have very low rates from the Fed and Ford, and all other automakers, will be playing catch-up on sales from a sluggish 2nd and 3rd quarter. I think odds are good there will be some low interest financing offers. We just won't know how low until Fall.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
All I can say, is F is looking Mighty ATTRACTIVE!! Great time to buy!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just bought a bunch yesterday at $4.90 and have more orders if price drops more. Shame I didn't put in an order at $4.50.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
However, by Fall we will still have very low rates from the Fed and Ford, and all other automakers, will be playing catch-up on sales from a sluggish 2nd and 3rd quarter. I think odds are good there will be some low interest financing offers. We just won't know how low until Fall.
I think so too. I'll be a cash buyer so financing won't matter to me, but on the whole, automakers are going to struggle to sell vehicles for the rest of the year (maybe longer). That's always the effect of a big economic downturn (which this virus is causing). Sales of big-ticket items suffer the most as people focus more on financial preservation and basic living expenses. Luxury items like new cars will probably see a 30% fall-off this year.

Manufacturers will have to offer big deals to move inventory. And even then they're gonna be stuck with a lot. In fact, they'll probably purposely start slowing production soon.

But having said all that, the Mach-e is a unique vehicle for Ford, with an already limited supply. It may be 'niche' enough that it's customer base doesn't fall off nearly as much. So it may not see as much in the way of discounts and financing deals.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I think so too. I'll be a cash buyer so financing won't matter to me, but on the whole, automakers are going to struggle to sell vehicles for the rest of the year (maybe longer). That's always the effect of a big economic downturn (which this virus is causing). Sales of big-ticket items suffer the most as people focus more on financial preservation and basic living expenses. Luxury items like new cars will probably see a 30% fall-off this year.

Manufacturers will have to offer big deals to move inventory. And even then they're gonna be stuck with a lot. In fact, they'll probably purposely start slowing production soon.

But having said all that, the Mach-e is a unique vehicle for Ford, with an already limited supply. It may be 'niche' enough that it's customer base doesn't fall off nearly as much. So it may not see as much in the way of discounts and financing deals.
A nice zero percent interest rate (or close to it) could make financing a good idea instead of cash.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If I can finance for less than I can make on investments, I'll finance instead of buying with cash.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Part of my purchase was going to be funded with the sale of stock. Also, I have rental properties that I was hoping to generate more income from this year as housing prices continued to soar to help with general cash flow.

I have no doubt this situation will abate, and the economy will recover just as it did ater 9/11 and the 08 recession. The only question is how long will that take.

For me, it my portfolio and rentals don't recover, I don't foresee me following through with my purchase

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just bought a bunch yesterday at $4.90 and have more orders if price drops more. Shame I didn't put in an order at $4.50.
I'm inspired to try this too.

Friday might be a good day. Big rallies have usually been on Fridays the past few weeks.

Part of my purchase was going to be funded with the sale of stock. Also, I have rental properties that I was hoping to generate more income from this year as housing prices continued to soar to help with general cash flow.

I have no doubt this situation will abate, and the economy will recover just as it did ater 9/11 and the 08 recession. The only question is how long will that take.

For me, it my portfolio and rentals don't recover, I don't foresee me following through with my purchase
I hear ya. The uncertainty is just hosing everyone's plans.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My understanding is that today at least in the bog dealers in LA only the service departments are open...no sales... I did hear that Ford is looking at out of the box stuff because they feel that regardless of what happens it will be a long time until people feel comfortable spending money on luxury items as was stated above.

At the same time if GM is still doing 7 years I cannot see Ford not matching it. I heard that they were thinking 4 months no payments and 0% interest. Ford for many years has done 0% interest for 6 years. I do not see Ford separating one vehicle from another. The Mach E obviously has drawn interest and I think Ford will use this interest to launch their new financing program. It will not take a brain surgeon to do the cost analysis between 7 years zero interest and say 6 years low interest plus no gas cost.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
At the same time if GM is still doing 7 years I cannot see Ford not matching it.
That's a good point ... I guess if a 7 yr / 0% finance offer would be on the table, that would definitely help in my situation and anyone like me who was going to depend on investments for the down-payment.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My understanding is that today at least in the bog dealers in LA only the service departments are open...no sales...
Along those lines, I watched this video this morning...

Sponsored