FORD FURTHER POSTPONES NA PRODUCTION RESTART TO PROTECT WORKFORCE - UNKNOWN RESTART DATE

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I am so glad that I am ignoring those two. That way I get to see the calm, reasoned responses from LYTMCQ, ChasingCoral, and eager2own. It would be nice if politics could be left out of these discussions, but it seems that some people just can't help themselves.
Good grief, color me speechless.
Sponsored

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I have been watching you, Ken7 and Pjojanoski argue with LYTMCQ for a long time. Without exception the tone of your comments have been mean spirited and you use ad hominem attacks. His responses whether you agree with them or not have always been straight forward often with references and without calling you names. You guys are making this a very political and unpleasant place. Please try to elevate your discourse so we all can look forward to the arrivals of our Mach-Es. Thank you.
This is a perfect example of the "wrestling with a pig" scenario I've already mentioned. Get into a debate with someone who is extremely political and everyone paints you with the same brush.

And what do I hear? I'm being too political while the poster who actually rips political parties and politicians is somehow the reasonable one. ?

There hasn't been one of my posts that was political. I never called out a politician, never complained about a political party, etc. Zip. Zero. I have made as clear as I can what I believe is the best path forward. If you want to assign political motives to that, feel free. Obviously you already have.

Hey, as I've said, I'm a libertarian guy. I'm not going to tell you what to think or do. I will give my opinion in a thoughtful and constructive way and would prefer to get the same in return. You think LytMcQ is the reasonable one? You are certainly welcome to that opinion, although I can't help but think that any fair minded person that puts their politics aside, would not be able to agree with you.

That's another reason America has been a great country. You can do what you do and I can do what I do. Hopefully we all get to enjoy a Mach E. Hopefully we still have the option in the days ahead to waste time on worthless political debates. That is certainly at risk right now.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Ah come on Jim. Pjojanoski and Ken Posts are very great info.
Just what do you see in LYTMCQ. He buts in on everything and
what he don't know isn't worth knowin. If he was nicer about
things he posts all would be good. Help him change his wording
instead of being a know it all. There's more about him you don't know.
Well, maybe. But I haven't seen name calling. It just seems like there is too much ugliness on here lately. Maybe if they stick to ignoring him, it will be a little more pleasant. Hope so. Waiting for this car is one of my pleasures during Ground Hog day.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So let me get this straight, it's Peter and me who are making this 'very political' and not LYTMCQ? Got it. If you'd like to read his 'informed, unbiased remarks', you're certainly entitled. You may be impressed by the highly biased sources he always quotes, but I'm not. I for one will not be subject on a car forum to the same BS I get 24/7 from the media. No way, no how. We didn't start it, it was he that injected politics into this and virtually every thread he enters. To let his remarks go unchallenged is to accept the veracity of them. Sorry, that's not my style. You're obviously of the same political persuasion and that's fine. See ya.
See, even that little diatribe is illustrative of what I am saying. Did I say unbiased? And truthfully, your bias is fully exposed in the "BS I get 24/7 from the media". And, you are making a pretty quick judgement about me. I take it your are a bit of a troll on here then, so See ya too!!.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
See, even that little diatribe is illustrative of what I am saying. Did I say unbiased? And truthfully, your bias is fully exposed in the "BS I get 24/7 from the media". And, you are making a pretty quick judgement about me. I take it your are a bit of a troll on here then, so See ya too!!.
Diatribe? Actually your post, including the accusation of me of being a 'troll' is illustrative of what I'm saying. Two on my ignore list. Have a nice day.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a perfect example of the "wrestling with a pig" scenario I've already mentioned. Get into a debate with someone who is extremely political and everyone paints you with the same brush.

And what do I hear? I'm being too political while the poster who actually rips political parties and politicians is somehow the reasonable one. ?

There hasn't been one of my posts that was political. I never called out a politician, never complained about a political party, etc. Zip. Zero. I have made as clear as I can what I believe is the best path forward. If you want to assign political motives to that, feel free. Obviously you already have.

Hey, as I've said, I'm a libertarian guy. I'm not going to tell you what to think or do. I will give my opinion in a thoughtful and constructive way and would prefer to get the same in return. You think LytMcQ is the reasonable one? You are certainly welcome to that opinion, although I can't help but think that any fair minded person that puts their politics aside, would not be able to agree with you.

That's another reason America has been a great country. You can do what you do and I can do what I do. Hopefully we all get to enjoy a Mach E. Hopefully we still have the option in the days ahead to waste time on worthless political debates. That is certainly at risk right now.
I didn't say he was the reasonable one, I said he didn't use personal attacks. That is my biggest complaint in all this. Fair minded discussion I think is ok, as long as it doesn't decend into as hominem attacks. if lytmcq is liberal and you are libertarian, fine, there are ways to discuss this civilly. I know it is hard, as I have a hard time doing that myself, and for the most part, I don't engage in political discussions, because no one changes their minds and I sometimes get too heated. We are really split these days as a country and probably here is not the best place to air our grievances. I think we all have one thing in common and that is the Mach-E.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Would y'all please take your squabbles back to the Coronavirus Impacts thread and leave the angry arguments off the rest of the site? Both sides of you.

Geez. It's like a WWF match spilled out of the ring, out the door, and brought the fake fight into the car show next door.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
When I was a young lad, I watched two mean teens tie two tomcats together by their tails and then throw the pair over a clothes line where they proceeded to tear each apart trying to climb up each other to escape. Very cruel to the cats. This thread brought this memory back for me.....just saying.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford and other automakers are watching carefully as Boeing and other manufacturers return to work. While airplanes aren't cars, the automakers will be able to learn from Boeing and others to find out how they can open safely. At the same time, they are working with the Michigan Governor and health officials to decide when they can start opening.

https://q13fox.com/2020/04/20/boein...cturers-reopening-amid-fierce-political-heat/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-factories-reopen-after-coronavirus-lockdown/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/detroit-automakers-gm-ford-fca-plants-uaw-coronavirus-safety/

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At the same time, they are working with the Michigan Governor and health officials to decide when they can start opening.
And of course that's for plants in Michigan. Mexico (where the Mach-e will be assembled) and Poland (where the batteries are made) are a whole different matter. The timing in Michigan could be entirely different than the timing at their other plants.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
And of course that's for plants in Michigan. Mexico (where the Mach-e will be assembled) and Poland (where the batteries are made) are a whole different matter. The timing in Michigan could be entirely different than the timing at their other plants.
And unfortunately, things in Mexico are headed in the opposite direction. I was on a call yesterday hosted by DHS and featuring a discussion with the US Embassy in Mexico.
Mexico is really cracking down and forcing closure of manufacturing. In all fairness and as was highlighted throughout much of the call, Mexico is not in the same situation as the US and neither is their medical infrastructure.
Bottom line is that regardless of what automakers are willing to do (or what they are doing in other countries), they may not be able to restart operations in Mexico right away.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Absolutely, except Ford tends to make decisions on this regionally: Ford-NA, Ford-EU, and presumably an asian region (I haven't been watching those). Ford-NA decisions are influenced greatly by what goes on in Michigan and what the UAW says. While you are definitely right that there may be plant-by-plant decisions that differ from Mexico but I suspect the big dog (Michigan) is more in control of these than the tail (Mexico).

Reports from Poland show that the LG plants there are moving forward on plant expansion and recently flew in people for that. I suspect that means the assembly lines are still busy there, but haven't seen that detail.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And unfortunately, things in Mexico are headed in the opposite direction. I was on a call yesterday hosted by DHS and featuring a discussion with the US Embassy in Mexico.
Mexico is really cracking down and forcing closure of manufacturing. In all fairness and as was highlighted throughout much of the call, Mexico is not in the same situation as the US and neither is their medical infrastructure.
Bottom line is that regardless of what automakers are willing to do (or what they are doing in other countries), they may not be able to restart operations in Mexico right away.
Oh of course. It's all fluid and no one really knows how the next weeks/months will go.

It does appear that Mexico's curve is probably around a month behind the US and Europe. So it they'll probably emerge from it after the US. But again, Mach-e production wasn't supposed to start until June anyway, so I could still see the "4-6 week delay" Ford mentioned being possible.

All anyone can do is speculate at this point though.
Sponsored