FORD FURTHER POSTPONES NA PRODUCTION RESTART TO PROTECT WORKFORCE - UNKNOWN RESTART DATE

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Peter, wise move, it's certainly worked for me. The kind of hate he spews will not be changed by anything or anyone on this forum. Like you, I too have dealt with his kind before, and ignoring them is always the best policy. When they see there's no audience, they exit stage left...or is it right, I always get that confused. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
News from two other auto companies' plants in Brazil:

GM Plans to Extend Shutdown of Brazil Auto Production by 60 Days
defaultPromoCrop.png

GM Plans to Extend Shutdown of Brazil Auto Production by 60 Days
General Motors Co plans to keep its Brazilian factories shut down for at least 60 more days due to the coronavirus crisis, the company said Thursday, as the final batch of unionized workers voted on the automaker's proposal.
favicon-4bf96cb6a1093748bf5b3c429accb9b4.png
www.nytimes.com
Toyota joins GM in suspending auto production in Brazil until June
d=20200413&t=2&i=1514900146&w=1200&r=LYNXNPEG3C0ZO.jpg

Toyota joins GM in suspending auto production in Brazil until June
Toyota Motor Co <7203.T> on Monday said it was suspending auto production in its Brazil plants until at least June 22, joining General Motors Co which also expects to resume production in the same month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FORD FURTHER POSTPONES NA PRODUCTION RESTART TO PROTECT WORKFORCE - UNKNOWN RESTART DATE d=20200413&t=2&i=1514900146&w=1200&r=LYNXNPEG3C0ZO
www.reuters.com

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Brazil has no lock down and their President says Virus will not affect them.
The people are just going about their jolly way.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We've seen so many conflicting stories about whether production is delayed, canceled or whatever, I'm of the opinion 'it is what it is'. I'm not going to get crazy about this, it's not worth agonizing over.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
That's right Ken. We shall see when the time comes. Too much going
on in this world at this time. There is no good thing about the virus.
Except one : It got us to speak to one another and stay busy. We can't
talk about the MME as there is nothing to talk about. A dribble here and
there but that's it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Peter, wise move, it's certainly worked for me. The kind of hate he spews will not be changed by anything or anyone on this forum. Like you, I too have dealt with his kind before, and ignoring them is always the best policy. When they see there's no audience, they exit stage left...or is it right, I always get that confused. ;)
I have been watching you, Ken7 and Pjojanoski argue with LYTMCQ for a long time. Without exception the tone of your comments have been mean spirited and you use ad hominem attacks. His responses whether you agree with them or not have always been straight forward often with references and without calling you names. You guys are making this a very political and unpleasant place. Please try to elevate your discourse so we all can look forward to the arrivals of our Mach-Es. Thank you.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have been watching you, Ken7 and Pjojanoski argue with LYTMCQ for a long time. Without exception the tone of your comments have been mean spirited and you use ad hominem attacks. His responses whether you agree with them or not have always been straight forward often with references and without calling you names. You guys are making this a very political and unpleasant place. Please try to elevate your discourse so we all can look forward to the arrivals of our Mach-Es. Thank you.
I am so glad that I am ignoring those two. That way I get to see the calm, reasoned responses from LYTMCQ, ChasingCoral, and eager2own. It would be nice if politics could be left out of these discussions, but it seems that some people just can't help themselves.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Ah come on Jim. Pjojanoski and Ken Posts are very great info.
Just what do you see in LYTMCQ. He buts in on everything and
what he don't know isn't worth knowin. If he was nicer about
things he posts all would be good. Help him change his wording
instead of being a know it all. There's more about him you don't know.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
"Ford Motor Co. is “considering a scenario” to restart its manufacturing plants as early as next month" "The Dearborn automaker says it has enough cash on hand to make it through at least the third quarter — even without restarting production — but said it is considering “additional financing actions” to shore up its balance sheet."

"The company is looking at ways to phase in a restart at its manufacturing plants in the second quarter. A restart would come with “enhanced safety standards” for workers, and the decision would be made in cooperation with unions, suppliers and dealers, the automaker said."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ts-600-million-first-quarter-loss/2982294001/

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I think Ford's greatest challenge in Mexico will be whether the government will allow the restart at all. They have really clamped down on manufacturing that isn't deemed essential and, based on our company's operations in Mexico, I can tell you first hand it's a daily challenge to maintain operations there.
The good news is that the Mexican government has made indications it will assess gradual loosening of restrictions by state after April 30... but who knows when that will extend to automotive manufacturing?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So let me get this straight, it's Peter and me who are making this 'very political' and not LYTMCQ? Got it. If you'd like to read his 'informed, unbiased remarks', you're certainly entitled. You may be impressed by the highly biased sources he always quotes, but I'm not. I for one will not be subject on a car forum to the same BS I get 24/7 from the media. No way, no how. We didn't start it, it was he that injected politics into this and virtually every thread he enters. To let his remarks go unchallenged is to accept the veracity of them. Sorry, that's not my style. You're obviously of the same political persuasion and that's fine. See ya.
Sponsored