JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I just noticed this myself. OK, so now I really want that email from Ford, I consider my vehicle delayed, more than once at that.

This $1000 is interesting not knowing what the cutoff for the incentive is. Maybe those that have taken delivery get the charging, those still waiting get the $1k + charging, or who knows?

I bought F stock years ago when things were pretty dire, so I consider myself family at this point. ;)

Maybe somebody is just yanking my chain with the $1k off.
Yup its confusing
Sponsored

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I completely understand both of these comments. I'd happily take someone else's credits. ?

I think the concern around trading the credits for cash would be determining the actual value since the cost of EA can vary by location and even the way it's billed (per time or per kWh) can vary, so how do you actually put a value on it?
Trading credits for cash? Isn't that Tesla's business model? I'm sure they could give an accurate value for you. ?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, but now it's something else entirely when we hear of $, not just charging credits. I'm assuming that none of the emails received by people on this forum say anything about the $1000?

Yup its confusing

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yea, but now it's something else entirely when we hear of $, not just charging credits. I'm assuming that none of the emails received by people on this forum say anything about the $1000?
Yeah so far no one produced an email with the 1000$ - it makes sense for those vehicles that have been extraordinarily delayed but clarity would be nice from Ford.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I am sorry but seeing Ford take care of people that have not forked over $50-$60K and purchased the car is complete BS. There are many CURRENT owners that can’t drive their car because it’s in the shop since Ford didn’t properly train their dealers on servicing the car. Or people like me that can not charge from my home’s 240V outlet because there is an issue with some vehicles being able to charge from a 240V outlet. I know I was an early adopter but giving people who don’t have a car yet free miles or a discount on their car is ridiculous. They should also be taking care of the owners that are having major issues. I know of a handful of owners that don’t have their cars because they are in the shop and Many Ford dealers are not even giving loaner cars. Say what you will about Tesla, but when I had issues with my Model 3, I was given a Model S until my car was fixed. I know we are early adopters but giving away stuff to people who are waiting on their cars and ignoring those that have had major issues is poor business practice. Rant over....

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah so far no one produced an email with the 1000$ - it makes sense for those vehicles that have been extraordinarily delayed but clarity would be nice from Ford.
I think the $1000 is probably few, far apart, and reserved for those with very significant delays. As for the 500 kWh (total) at EA, that is absolutely, completely, and utterly useless to me. I'd rather have an MME mug or donate it at random. No. EA. In. State.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's a private offer. Once I say something about it out here, it's public and poof . . .

oh ?

(just teasing. no free food for me. yet.)

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The sign up site is broken and I can't sign up and no one can help me. I'm really loosing my patience with Ford and wishing I had not bought this car to be honest. Way too much trouble so far.

Anyway, only 250 went in after they helped get me signed up. Not suer if the other 250 will go in later.
So the site was broken for me too. I inspected the web traffic and it looks like it's sending an invalid request when you attempt to put in the CVV of the existing card on file. I used a different card and it went through fine. I'm assuming afterward you can go back and update the card on file, but I didn't bother since either card is fine for me.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I'd agree with this completely. My irritation at such a delayed delivery pales in comparison to some of the delivered customers with vehicles spending their time in service, etc.

They should also be taking care of the owners that are having major issues. I know of a handful of owners that don’t have their cars because they are in the shop and Many Ford dealers are not even giving loaner cars.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just received the email tonight. Car built 1/16, delivered 2/25.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I got the email this afternoon as well. Delivery estimate still says 3/4-3/11 on the Ford website. My dealer knows basically nothing. Based on other responses from people that got the email and recently got their cars, I'm not putting much stock in this email. It's pretty clear that Ford doesn't exactly know where the cars are, they just know they are behind schedule. Only time will tell.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
So this is a legit email? I called and they asked for VIN, name, email address, phone number and address- pretty much the same as when I called the MAch E helpline.
Likely it's legit in this exact case. But it sets a bad president that something not branded as Ford can still be Ford.

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
So 500kWh total for 2 years on EA network. Got this email a few minutes go. Looks like those who got the delay email will get this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh D6FF4683-E133-444D-BC45-D429379EBF62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
Got this email today - looks like a scam to me, but maybe it's legit. Anyone else get this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh D6FF4683-E133-444D-BC45-D429379EBF62
This e-mail is totally, totally suspect. The fact that there is a link to click on - the header includes your name in capital letters AND your last name - the mail doesn't state from "Ford Motor Company" as does their typical official branding - a phone number for you to call is a red flag - and the address it is sent from is also a big red flag.. I work in IT and see these types of messages from time to time.. this is 100% spam and it is NOT legit. Do not click on that link, do not call that number. You have been warned.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
But it sets a bad president
No one wants another bad president.

This e-mail is totally, totally suspect. The fact that there is a link to click on - the header includes your name in capital letters AND your last name - the mail doesn't state from "Ford Motor Company" as does their typical official branding - a phone number for you to call is a red flag - and the address it is sent from is also a big red flag.. I work in IT and see these types of messages from time to time.. this is 100% spam and it is NOT legit. Do not click on that link, do not call that number. You have been warned.
It's legit. I did a Yahoo! search for "Ford Motor Company" and found out they are a real firm. They make cars and face masks. But if you're not sure, check with your dealer. They know that we've received the additional 250 kWh, too.
Sponsored