kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
This e-mail is totally, totally suspect. The fact that there is a link to click on - the header includes your name in capital letters AND your last name - the mail doesn't state from "Ford Motor Company" as does their typical official branding - a phone number for you to call is a red flag - and the address it is sent from is also a big red flag.. I work in IT and see these types of messages from time to time.. this is 100% spam and it is NOT legit. Do not click on that link, do not call that number. You have been warned.
I work in IT also and yes you would be right but I tracked down there whois and got this

Domain Profile

Registrant Org Percepta LLC
Registrant Country us
Registrar GoDaddy.com, LLC
IANA ID: 146
URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh email

(p)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh phone

Registrar Status ok
Dates 6 days old
Created on 2021-02-24
Expires on 2022-02-24
Updated on 2021-02-26
Name Servers NS07.DOMAINCONTROL.COM (has 58,417,572 domains)
NS08.DOMAINCONTROL.COM (has 58,417,572 domains)
Tech Contact —
IP Address 34.102.136.180 - 28,761,436 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh us
- Missouri - Kansas City - Google Llc
ASN
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh us
AS15169 GOOGLE, US (registered Mar 30, 2000)
Domain Status Registered And No Website
IP History 1 change on 1 unique IP addresses over 0 years
Hosting History 1 change on 2 unique name servers over 0 year

So then I looked up who is this Percepta, https://www.percepta.com/ and it seems to be a third party working for Ford on their social media, custom support and they list this. They have an office in Dearborn

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh 1614749765591
Dealer & Fleet Ops Support

*Edit Updated info:
Percepta Expands U.S. Footprint With New Ford Customer Service Center in Houston
Sep 09, 2019, 16:45 ET

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...omer-service-center-in-houston-300914376.html

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Oh Shit this is not promising
lol
Check out their indeed profile review

Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Toronto North York - 8 May 2012
-typical day at work, Always busy.
-learned all about recalls, Ford products
-managment was not very good, didnt know how to manage the office, too many promises that didnt happen
-co workers where awesome!
-hardest part of the job was dealing with Irrate customers seeking assistance for their vehicles
-most enjoyable part of the job was the learning of the Ford Products and the diversity of the call centre
Pros
lots of free lunches and awards for performance
Cons
management

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I'm still waiting ;)

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Just got that same 250kWh email at 10pm tonight, but no mention of the $1000. Super curious to hear how many folks got the $1000 private offer and hope long their delays were...

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sorry but seeing Ford take care of people that have not forked over $50-$60K and purchased the car is complete BS. There are many CURRENT owners that can’t drive their car because it’s in the shop since Ford didn’t properly train their dealers on servicing the car. Or people like me that can not charge from my home’s 240V outlet because there is an issue with some vehicles being able to charge from a 240V outlet. I know I was an early adopter but giving people who don’t have a car yet free miles or a discount on their car is ridiculous. They should also be taking care of the owners that are having major issues. I know of a handful of owners that don’t have their cars because they are in the shop and Many Ford dealers are not even giving loaner cars. Say what you will about Tesla, but when I had issues with my Model 3, I was given a Model S until my car was fixed. I know we are early adopters but giving away stuff to people who are waiting on their cars and ignoring those that have had major issues is poor business practice. Rant over....
Some of us have been waiting 15 months and will wait another 3 weeks before we see our car. You should try to contain yourself since you have a car.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Has anyone called this number? Beside me?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Well, I just received the email at 5:45 this morning. My delivery was supposed to be between 2/20-2/26, but my dealer still hasn't seen my car. I do not have any mention of the $1,000 off, so it definitely does not seem to be something for First Edition buyers, unfortunately. Gah, I just want my car already!!! I don't even really have a use for the extra EA charging, so some other form of compensation certainly would have been preferred.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Didn't get this email (shipping, but not delivered, no delay [yet]), but on the subject of security and email communication:

This email has no call-to-action of any sort, just informative, so itself is harmless. However, having an email address that's not ford.com comes with… a lot of problems. If there was a call to action (click here to get something free), there's a lot of problems there. These emails are the kind companies train their employees not to interact with.

So I did some research…

machesupport.com is registered to a company called Percepta. Their HQ is near one of the office buildings around Fairlane Mall which is near the Glasshouse (Ford HQ). So it looks like this program is outsourced to a third party. There are ways to safely do these communications with a third-party, but there doesn't seem to be an interest by Ford and/or Percepta to explore that.

Also, there is a machsupport.com in the wild, which is very clearly not by Ford. This is the kind of honeypotting one can only dream about…

*cries in InfoSec*
Couldn't have said this better myself. It's shocking they appear to have tried so hard to make this email look so much like a dangerous scam.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So let me get this straight - some people are getting a $1,000 discount if they have not yet taken delivery regardless of when they ordered the vehicle?

But for those that have taken delivery, we are only getting an extra 250 kWh?

Ford is trying to actively make me regret waiting 15 months and buying this car, aren't they? They're telling me to not buy another Ford next. That seems to be the only conclusion I can draw.

Too bad there's no return policy on this car.

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Received the below e-mail from Ford this morning - anyone else?

Hi JOHN,

Thank you for putting your trust in Ford Motor Company and for taking the first step toward an electrified future, with the order of your Mustang Mach-E. We are all so excited to have you as a customer and believe you deserve an excellent shopping and ownership experience.

This is why we want to take a moment to update you on some of the challenges we’ve faced in meeting demand and delivery timing for the Mustang Mach-E. We continue to build and ship vehicles every day, but we’re doing so with a meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality. Your vehicle timing was impacted by one of these quality checks.

We know you are anxious to get driving and experience the 0-60 thrills, zero emissions and more from the Mustang Mach-E. Because we believe that customers should be treated like family, we are providing you an additional 250 kWh1 of complimentary DC fast charging on us.

Your Mustang Mach-E comes with 250 kWh and you will have an additional 250 kWh for a total of 500 kWh of complimentary charging at Electrify America fast charging stations on the FordPass Charging Network2.

Please download the FordPass App3, activate your vehicle’s modem and also go online to www.ford.com/connectedservices to activate your two years of complimentary access to the FordPass Charging Network and 500 kWh of fast charging. Once enrolled, your complimentary charging will show up in your account.

Thank you for choosing the Mustang Mach-E. We know you can hardly wait to get on the road, and we are excited to have you as a part of our Mustang family. If you have questions or need help, please call our dedicated call center team at 1-833-385-0523 to learn more.

Andrew Frick
Vice President of Sales, US and Canada

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Received the below e-mail from Ford this morning - anyone else?

Hi JOHN,

Thank you for putting your trust in Ford Motor Company and for taking the first step toward an electrified future, with the order of your Mustang Mach-E. We are all so excited to have you as a customer and believe you deserve an excellent shopping and ownership experience.

This is why we want to take a moment to update you on some of the challenges we’ve faced in meeting demand and delivery timing for the Mustang Mach-E. We continue to build and ship vehicles every day, but we’re doing so with a meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality. Your vehicle timing was impacted by one of these quality checks.

We know you are anxious to get driving and experience the 0-60 thrills, zero emissions and more from the Mustang Mach-E. Because we believe that customers should be treated like family, we are providing you an additional 250 kWh1 of complimentary DC fast charging on us.

Your Mustang Mach-E comes with 250 kWh and you will have an additional 250 kWh for a total of 500 kWh of complimentary charging at Electrify America fast charging stations on the FordPass Charging Network2.

Please download the FordPass App3, activate your vehicle’s modem and also go online to www.ford.com/connectedservices to activate your two years of complimentary access to the FordPass Charging Network and 500 kWh of fast charging. Once enrolled, your complimentary charging will show up in your account.

Thank you for choosing the Mustang Mach-E. We know you can hardly wait to get on the road, and we are excited to have you as a part of our Mustang family. If you have questions or need help, please call our dedicated call center team at 1-833-385-0523 to learn more.

Andrew Frick
Vice President of Sales, US and Canada
Do you have your car yet, or are you still waiting? Trying to figure out the rhyme or reason to this.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just got the e-mail, without $1,000 discount mentioned, this morning.

You can see from my signature my order/delivery info.

I have no real reason to complain and I'm happy to accept the extra charging, even if I may not use it. I do feel for those who have been waiting longer than I did, hopefully you all get your Mach-E's soon!

I would expect that $1,000 offer mentioned on the "other" forum to be very specifically targeted. That e-mail even mentions that your dealer is aware of the offer, probably because Ford has already reached out to those dealers personally to inform them. I'm sure it'll upset some folks to know they're doing that though.

Edgardk

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX80, Ford Escape hybrid, MME Premium 4x
Country flag
I am sorry but seeing Ford take care of people that have not forked over $50-$60K and purchased the car is complete BS. There are many CURRENT owners that can’t drive their car because it’s in the shop since Ford didn’t properly train their dealers on servicing the car. Or people like me that can not charge from my home’s 240V outlet because there is an issue with some vehicles being able to charge from a 240V outlet. I know I was an early adopter but giving people who don’t have a car yet free miles or a discount on their car is ridiculous. They should also be taking care of the owners that are having major issues. I know of a handful of owners that don’t have their cars because they are in the shop and Many Ford dealers are not even giving loaner cars. Say what you will about Tesla, but when I had issues with my Model 3, I was given a Model S until my car was fixed. I know we are early adopters but giving away stuff to people who are waiting on their cars and ignoring those that have had major issues is poor business practice. Rant over....
Brad, as you know I can't charge from home at 240v. I just received the 500kwh email this morning at 5:43, and went to my junk email. I checked my credit with Ford, didn't show the new credit yet, I will check again later tonight.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Brad, as you know I can't charge from home at 240v. I just received the 500kw email this morning at 5:43, and went to my junk email. I checked my credit with Ford, didn't show the new credit yet, I will check again later tonight.
I didn't even think of checking my spam folder but sure enough, there it is
Sponsored