Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Well, I just received the email at 5:45 this morning. My delivery was supposed to be between 2/20-2/26, but my dealer still hasn't seen my car. I do not have any mention of the $1,000 off, so it definitely does not seem to be something for First Edition buyers, unfortunately. Gah, I just want my car already!!! I don't even really have a use for the extra EA charging, so some other form of compensation certainly would have been preferred.
You will need those extra miles because when you get your car, like many of us that have our cars now, won’t charge from a L2 EVSE from a 240V outlet.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Has anyone called this number? Beside me?
My email said that if I was thinking about buying a Tesla I should call 1-800-MIXALOT and kick those nasty thoughts cause Mach E got back. I haven't called yet.

Now, here is a racy pic for your enjoyment
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh 1614799824037

Last edited:

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You will need those extra miles because when you get your car, like many of us that have our cars now, won’t charge from a L2 EVSE from a 240V outlet.
I had seen mention of that in one of the other threads. Feel free to direct me to one of the other threads to read up more on that to avoid cluttering up this one, but I would assume that there are many owners at this point who *are* able to charge on a 240v outlet and that it is only a subset of owners who are not able to, right? Or is it across the board? I had a 14-50 NEMA 240v outlet run to my garage (no 3rd party or Ford EVSE in-play; just the outlet), so I guess I wonder if I need that modified in any way to work or if it is an issue with the car that needs to be addressed. I have plans for a road trip at the end of March that I was assuming I would have the Mach E in time for and I will definitely need L2 charging speeds for it, so I am crossing my fingers that there is either a fix or that I can mitigate this problem before then. Sadly, there are no EA charging facilities in the area that I am heading on my road trip either.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This e-mail is totally, totally suspect. The fact that there is a link to click on - the header includes your name in capital letters AND your last name - the mail doesn't state from "Ford Motor Company" as does their typical official branding - a phone number for you to call is a red flag - and the address it is sent from is also a big red flag.. I work in IT and see these types of messages from time to time.. this is 100% spam and it is NOT legit. Do not click on that link, do not call that number. You have been warned.
Sorry, but nothing is that absolute. The link is indeed to the ford.com domain.

In this case, it is legitimate correspondence that is structured as spam. It would appear that Ford has made a poor choice in selecting this service provider.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Just for some random positive energy. Got the e-mail here even though I have already used 25kwh. I appreciate the gesture. And my existing L2 EVSE is working great to charge every night.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I got the email with the additional 250 kWh at 4:54 am this morning, even though my car has been delivered to my dealer. I won't look this gift horse in the mouth!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The main reason this email is getting flagged as spam for people is likely that the domain is so new. A lot of spam filtering will automatically set an email as suspicious if it comes from a domain that was registered in the last 30 days.

I do agree though that the email should have been a little more legit looking. But like someone else mentioned, I have a feeling this was setup very quickly to get ahead of some growing frustrations from people.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Nobody is getting an email that says they are receiving $1000 off. ...unless it said options in the same sentence. Ford did lower the price for all of us a while ago by at least $1000.
Mine is scheduled for an April delivery. It sat in MX for almost two months, please don’t complain about having a MachE already. I made plans for a new car but had to change them because of the delay but that’s not Ford’s fault.

Last edited:

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the e-mail at 5:45 am this morning. It is giving me an extra 250 kWh of time. My car was delivered to the dealer last Thursday 2/25. I picked it up on Friday 2/26. My car left the plant on 1/28 so based on the experience of others I didn't think my time to delivery was excessive. I am glad to get the extra time.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I received mine this AM. I would rather they would keep their KW hours
and give us the Ford wall charger !!!

Last edited:

LiquidError

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Someday)
Country flag
I mean, this is great, but I'd rather get information on my still-delayed car. The 60-day delay is supposedly ending soon, but would like to know for sure if I'm getting my car.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I'd be happy if I could just get enrolled in the FordPass charging network and get my original 250 kwh of free charging. Going on a month now and nobody at Ford has lifted a finger to help.
Sponsored