mmiratsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, F150, Toyota Camry, '68 Mercury Cougar
Country flag
So do MachDrops get any of this -? Given all communication for MachDrops go to the dealers or no communication to us the reservation holders - how does it work?

Any MachDrop folks getting these emails?
Our MachE order was changed to a FE during the MachDrop. We haven't gotten this specific email. I did reach out to my dealer and he indicated to me that we would be receiving the addition 250 KWh as a courtesy due to the delay.
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
One bright side with this is that even though my MME is for use as a local commuter car. The 500kWh makes me think of doing a road trip to test out the DCFC and also use up the free electricity. Heads...Vegas... Tails...San Fran...

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
One bright side with this is that even though my MME is for use as a local commuter car. The 500kWh makes me think of doing a road trip to test out the DCFC and also use up the free electricity. Heads...Vegas... Tails...San Fran...
Yes! That's a free ~1500 mile road trip.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The torquenews article indicates 4500 vehicles being delayed - well that's a big chunk of the cars made to date. Most of Dec and Jan volumes? I wonder where they are testing or fixing these

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I think the quote is ... Heads Carolina, Tails California :)

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Opens up questions for those that have been dealing with post delivery issues in service.

? Hoping I receive an email soon, seems like I'm in the extended delay category, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.
I received this email at 1PM today and have already taken delivery almost 2 weeks ago.

This is a nice gesture from Ford that I was not expecting. Like you i am curious if the $1,000 discount applies to me as well. The article seems to suggest this and wanted to confirm from our friends here who work at Ford. I plan to speak with my dealer as well. Maybe this will drop my monthly by $20. Fingers crossed.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Delayed, reworked at the dealer, still has a buzzing screen and tons of software glitches, PAAK glitches, DCFC glitches, motor gear whine, etc.

Waited so long, spent so much, still got a half-baked beta prototype with a nauseating ride.
Get rid of it and buy something else :)

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I received this email at 1PM today and have already taken delivery almost 2 weeks ago.

This is a nice gesture from Ford that I was not expecting. Like you i am curious if the $1,000 discount applies to me as well. The article seems to suggest this and wanted to confirm from our friends here who work at Ford. I plan to speak with my dealer as well. Maybe this will drop my monthly by $20. Fingers crossed.
By the looks of it, the $1000 is specified in the email. So if you have to ask...you probably are not part of the select group. I'm happy to get the extra 250kWh. Overall, besides the few week delay, no major issues atm (knock on wood). So I shouldn't be too greedy for the $1000.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Got the email this morning, and I do appreceiate Ford's gesture. I probably won't get a lot of sympathy for this, but all that email did is tell me it is not looking good for me to take delivery of my MME by 3/15/21 to receive my $5000 rebate from "Charge Up NJ" ?.
You have my sympathies. I think the NJ incentives are crazy but that doesn't make missing out on them any less disappointing. Here's hoping your MME makes in to you a bit early.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't think the Drops will get this email, since we didn't get any emails from Ford about the "Drop" orders, only from the dealer. I called the number and they don't have my Drop Vin listed the way the others are, so they said no dice. The "Drops" have been an after thought of this whole launch all along.

I would like to know exactly what criteria got people on the $1000 list. Was it a build date range? Kind of mysterious.

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Me too. But I'm not laughing. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the colossal disappointment that is the most expensive product I've ever purchased.
Somehow I don't think anything would change if we switched vehicles. Nothing will prevent someone determined to be unhappy from reaching their goal.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So do I get a second key fob if my email was delayed too? :D

I just want a delivered car without boo-boos, but may whine a little (not online) if I don't get to be part of the $1k club.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think the quote is ... Heads Carolina, Tails California :)

Why is she in the middle of the desert and singing about going someplace warmer? I’ve never understood country or western music ?

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So do MachDrops get any of this -? Given all communication for MachDrops go to the dealers or no communication to us the reservation holders - how does it work?

Any MachDrop folks getting these emails?
I was told multiple times that my email address is not linked to my mach drop order so I get zero communication with Ford. I tried calling multiple times and they escalated the issue (that's what they told me) and it never worked. They always tell me my name is on the order, but no email so they can't communicate with me. Oh technology.

I have not received this latest email blast and my car is delayed. Shipped in January. Showed up on Pals Feb 23 (as delivered to KC). Originally had a delivery eta of 3/6 and now shows 3/18. We shall see.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So do I get a second key fob if my email was delayed too? :D

I just want a delivered car without boo-boos, but may whine a little (not online) if I don't get to be part of the $1k club.
Should call customer service and bother them enough they will give you a free fob
Sponsored