Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Here are some of my key takeaways:
  • Possibility to have a ride in the Mach-E (with a Ford driver and two other passengers)
  • First time Europeans can see a Mach-E GT
  • Week+ long stops in different locations, including Rotterdam, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain
    • I haven't found the press releases for the other countries yet. Please post the locations and dates if you find them.
  • Originally scheduled for earlier this year and much more extensive (6 months in the U.K. alone!); apparently cut short by the pandemic.
Translation from the Dutch press release:

Ford Go Electric: seven-day event with all about electrification and Ford's electrified powertrains
11 september 2020
  • Go Electric: from 24 September to 1 October next to the Markthal in Rotterdam, on the Grotemarkt
  • First in Europe: unveiling Mustang Mach-E GT with 465hp and 830Nm of torque
  • Ford Go Electric freely accessible to let general public get acquainted with all forms of electrified driving and Ford's new mHEV, HEV, PHEV and EV models
  • After the Netherlands, Ford Go Electric can be seen in Germany, Italy, France and Spain
Ford Europe's Go Electric Event lands in the Netherlands. From 24 September to 1 October, the Grotemarkt, next to the Markthal in Rotterdam, is entirely dedicated to electrification and Ford's electrified models. For the first time, interested parties can experience a ride in the all-electric Mustang Mach-E. A first in Europe. And that's not the only first in Rotterdam.

Mustang Mach-E GT
The very powerful and fast Mustang Mach-E GT will also be shown for the first time in Rotterdam. The GT stands out with its power of 465hp and a torque of 830Nm. The exact performance has not yet been announced, but it is clear that the standard sprint up to 100 km/h will take less than 5 seconds. In addition to the sizzling acceleration power, the Mustang Mach-E will be available with all-new Flexira aluminium performance calipers from Brembo. The Mustang Mach-E GT is also equipped with MagneRide® adaptive chassis technology, which offers an endearing driving comfort. The GT comes standard with AWD and the large battery pack of 98.8 kWh. The WLTP driving range is estimated to be about 500 km.

The introduction to electrification
With Go Electric, Ford wants to introduce the general public to the different types of powertrains. From mild hybrid, hybrid and plug-in hybrid to fully electric. In 20 minutes we will be told about the difference and what is the most interesting form of electrified driving. At the end of the experience, each visitor will be told which form of electrification best suits his or her personal situation.

100% touch free
Of course, the corona measures are taken into account, which is why Go Electric is 100% touch free. This means that a small group enters the booth every 20 minutes under the guidance of a host. Here, mouthcaps are mandatory.

Visit Go Electric
For a visit to Go Electric, interested parties can visit the Grotemarkt in Rotterdam, next to the famous Markthal. To be assured of a place and to avoid waiting time there is the possibility to reserve a time slot in advance. During Go Electric, several models are on display. The brand new all-electric Mustang Mach-E is present, but you can also get acquainted with the new Ford Explorer Plug-In Hybrid, the Mondeo Hybrid, the Kuga Plug-In Hybrid or the Puma Mild Hybrid.

Self-driving
After the experience, it is possible to take a short test drive with one of Ford's electrified models. Registration for test runs is only possible on site. Availability is limited, so full is full. The following models can be used to test:
It is also possible to drive the new Mustang Mach-E, a first in the Netherlands! During the test drive in the Mustang Mach-E, a maximum of three people are allowed with our driver. Mouthcap is of course mandatory.

After Rotterdam, the Ford Go Electric event will be shown in Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

Starting today, it is possible to register to visit Ford Go Electric. The event will be open to media on September 24. From 25 September to 1 October, Go Electric is free for consumers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain 01_GE_Brandin
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I'm a little envious, it's annoying no ride alongs (that I know of) in the US.... Hoping some get a chance to give some impressions of the vehicle. Can't have too many for at least a couple more months....

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I made 2 reservations for the time-slots in Rotterdam.

If you guys want, i can try to get your questions answered?

@ChasingCoral do you have questions remaining? i will make some pictures of course (also of the winglets)

1. JamieGeek - picture of the rear-view mirror while seated on driver's seat
2. timbop - measure distance from floor to top of drivers seat
3. makooy - size of trunk
4. makooy - picture of driver door open, how "thick" the battery pack is
5. - locations of usb-ports + power output

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I made 2 reservations for the time-slots in Rotterdam.

If you guys want, i can try to get your questions answered?

@ChasingCoral do you have questions remaining? i will make some pictures of course (also of the winglets)
There was considerable discussion about this so I'll suggest it: If you can sit in the driver's seat try to take a pic of the view out the rear via the rear-view mirror.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There was considerable discussion about this so I'll suggest it: If you can sit in the driver's seat try to take a pic of the view out the rear via the rear-view mirror.
Agreed.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
if there's away to measure the distance from the ground to where your butt is in the driver's seat (so we know how high off the ground we'll be sitting) that would be nice.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
if there's away to measure the distance from the ground to where your butt is in the driver's seat (so we know how high off the ground we'll be sitting) that would be nice.
Surely that distance will vary depending on height of driver and adjustment of seat. What's good for one might not be good for another. I would have thought standard ground clearance measurement would have been better

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Surely that distance will vary depending on height of driver and adjustment of seat. What's good for one might not be good for another. I would have thought standard ground clearance measurement would have been better
We know the distance under the bottom of the battery; we don't know the thickness of the battery, thickness of seat base, or the height of the mounting bracket. While my mustang has the ability to go up or down it can only do so in a range of a couple of inches. No matter how high I put it, it will be much lower than my wife's durango (SUV) seat at its lowest setting. The point of the question is to get an idea about whether I will be lowering myself into the car, sliding directly in, or stepping up into it. My suspicion is that I will likely be sliding directly into it.

I don't need a level of exactness; simply noticing roughly where the seat comes on your leg (below knee, at knee, middle of thigh, etc) is good enough. Since I've never seen the car in person myself, I am trying to get an idea of it's size. That is, if it is more like a sedan/crossover or an SUV.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Here are some of my key takeaways:
  • Possibility to have a ride in the Mach-E (with a Ford driver and two other passengers)
  • First time Europeans can see a Mach-E GT
  • Week+ long stops in different locations, including Rotterdam, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain
    • I haven't found the press releases for the other countries yet. Please post the locations and dates if you find them.
  • Originally scheduled for earlier this year and much more extensive (6 months in the U.K. alone!); apparently cut short by the pandemic.
Translation from the Dutch press release:

Ford Go Electric: seven-day event with all about electrification and Ford's electrified powertrains
11 september 2020
  • Go Electric: from 24 September to 1 October next to the Markthal in Rotterdam, on the Grotemarkt
  • First in Europe: unveiling Mustang Mach-E GT with 465hp and 830Nm of torque
  • Ford Go Electric freely accessible to let general public get acquainted with all forms of electrified driving and Ford's new mHEV, HEV, PHEV and EV models
  • After the Netherlands, Ford Go Electric can be seen in Germany, Italy, France and Spain
Ford Europe's Go Electric Event lands in the Netherlands. From 24 September to 1 October, the Grotemarkt, next to the Markthal in Rotterdam, is entirely dedicated to electrification and Ford's electrified models. For the first time, interested parties can experience a ride in the all-electric Mustang Mach-E. A first in Europe. And that's not the only first in Rotterdam.

Mustang Mach-E GT
The very powerful and fast Mustang Mach-E GT will also be shown for the first time in Rotterdam. The GT stands out with its power of 465hp and a torque of 830Nm. The exact performance has not yet been announced, but it is clear that the standard sprint up to 100 km/h will take less than 5 seconds. In addition to the sizzling acceleration power, the Mustang Mach-E will be available with all-new Flexira aluminium performance calipers from Brembo. The Mustang Mach-E GT is also equipped with MagneRide® adaptive chassis technology, which offers an endearing driving comfort. The GT comes standard with AWD and the large battery pack of 98.8 kWh. The WLTP driving range is estimated to be about 500 km.

The introduction to electrification
With Go Electric, Ford wants to introduce the general public to the different types of powertrains. From mild hybrid, hybrid and plug-in hybrid to fully electric. In 20 minutes we will be told about the difference and what is the most interesting form of electrified driving. At the end of the experience, each visitor will be told which form of electrification best suits his or her personal situation.

100% touch free
Of course, the corona measures are taken into account, which is why Go Electric is 100% touch free. This means that a small group enters the booth every 20 minutes under the guidance of a host. Here, mouthcaps are mandatory.

Visit Go Electric
For a visit to Go Electric, interested parties can visit the Grotemarkt in Rotterdam, next to the famous Markthal. To be assured of a place and to avoid waiting time there is the possibility to reserve a time slot in advance. During Go Electric, several models are on display. The brand new all-electric Mustang Mach-E is present, but you can also get acquainted with the new Ford Explorer Plug-In Hybrid, the Mondeo Hybrid, the Kuga Plug-In Hybrid or the Puma Mild Hybrid.

Self-driving
After the experience, it is possible to take a short test drive with one of Ford's electrified models. Registration for test runs is only possible on site. Availability is limited, so full is full. The following models can be used to test:
It is also possible to drive the new Mustang Mach-E, a first in the Netherlands! During the test drive in the Mustang Mach-E, a maximum of three people are allowed with our driver. Mouthcap is of course mandatory.

After Rotterdam, the Ford Go Electric event will be shown in Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

Starting today, it is possible to register to visit Ford Go Electric. The event will be open to media on September 24. From 25 September to 1 October, Go Electric is free for consumers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain 01_GE_Brandin
Typical. NO mention of UK. Do we not figure in their thoughts at all

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The event started in the UK and was intended to stay there for six months, until C19:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2020/02/13/Go-Electric.html
That may be, but if you follow their "official" links around you come to: https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/motor-shows/events
which says all the events were canceled... so either that isn't updated (more likely) as it should be, or announcements of a canceled event are going out... either way it's not good.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That may be, but if you follow their "official" links around you come to: https://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/motor-shows/events
which says all the events were canceled... so either that isn't updated (more likely) as it should be, or announcements of a canceled event are going out... either way it's not good.
You posted a link to Ford UK events which indicates they've been cancelled. I agree. The press release I reposted was from the 13th of February.

The current series of Go Electric events started recently in Rotterdam and will be visiting other European cities over time, but none of them are in the UK, as announced thus far.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
The event place is already being build! Family send me a picture.

no more questions to ask or check out for you guys?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain 619E87C0-7853-44AE-9CE5-4A90B05C51C0

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The event place is already being build! Family send me a picture.

no more questions to ask or check out for you guys?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain 619E87C0-7853-44AE-9CE5-4A90B05C51C0
Plug in Hybrid Kuga....no....we want the Mustang Mach-E!

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Plug in Hybrid Kuga....no....we want the Mustang Mach-E!
Doesnt the box below it say "Mustang" ;) There's only 1 Mustang i can think of to show on a "Ford Go EV"-Event ;)
Sponsored