makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I can't find a possibility to reserve a spot... do you have a special relation within the organisation?
Because you need to register for a ride-along on site, you cannot make a reservation up front.
Spoke to 2 people (1 pretty nice lady btw :D) at the Ford Go EV-event site.
Sponsored

Ronald

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Peel P50
Country flag
Unfortunately the event in The Netherlands got cancelled.
I’m glad I was able to go on Monday. Nice to play the car features in the big mid screen, not as intuitive as I thought by the way, and drive along on the passenger seat.
For all you enthusiasts out there, the first ride in the Mach-E is like stepping in a new rollercoaster for the first time. It will take you a few round to get used to it, but those first rides are the most exciting, especially with the one pedal driving ?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Spoke with multiple Ford NL employees at the Ford Go EV Event in Rotterdam, NL and they told me and others that they aim for mid-februari for the first hand-overs to customers.

Some also dropped that the First Editions most-likely be on the same boat to Bremerhaven as the regular ones. First Editions would go on the boat first, then the boat will be filled with RWD's and AWD's untill it's full.
Same goes for the transit from Bremerhaven to local dealers, FE's first and then filled up with RWD's and AWD regular orders.

According to those guys the plan was to have the FE's on a first boat to Bremerhaven and RWD's and AWD's on later boat but due to Coronavirus that wont be happening.

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag
There will be a go electric event in Hamburg starting October 10th; I´ll be there to take a closer look.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain eventmme.JPG

JochemvRaak

First Name
Jochem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Kadjar
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Spoke with multiple Ford NL employees at the Ford Go EV Event in Rotterdam, NL and they told me and others that they aim for mid-februari for the first hand-overs to customers.

Some also dropped that the First Editions most-likely be on the same boat to Bremerhaven as the regular ones. First Editions would go on the boat first, then the boat will be filled with RWD's and AWD's untill it's full.
Same goes for the transit from Bremerhaven to local dealers, FE's first and then filled up with RWD's and AWD regular orders.

According to those guys the plan was to have the FE's on a first boat to Bremerhaven and RWD's and AWD's on later boat but due to Coronavirus that wont be happening.
Any info on how many cars will go on a boat?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There will be a go electric event in Hamburg starting October 10th; I´ll be there to take a closer look.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Go Electric events in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain eventmme.JPG
I'm a bit jealous that we don't have these go electric event with the Mach-E around here. :(

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm a bit jealous that we don't have these go electric event with the Mach-E around here. :(
I was too, but it is compensation for them not getting their cars until march or later. We'll be able to test drive production dealer cars in early december.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Any info on how many cars will go on a boat?
That depends on the size of the boat and how many other customers have allocated space on it. You'd have to know with whom Ford has contracted and how much space they bought from each ship.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That depends on the size of the boat and how many other customers have allocated space on it. You'd have to know with whom Ford has contracted and how much space they bought from each ship.
Large RORO transports carry up to about 8000 cars. Under normal circumstances Ford was probably planning to hold a large batch to ship to the EU together, maybe a whole ship. COVID planning may be very different. So it's not the capacity of the ship, it's how much of the ship Ford contracts.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Large RORO transports carry up to about 8000 cars. Under normal circumstances Ford was probably planning to hold a large batch to ship to the EU together, maybe a whole ship. COVID planning may be very different. So it's not the capacity of the ship, it's how much of the ship Ford contracts.
Yes, I know ;-)

how much space they bought from each ship.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Expect more pictures and video's from (potential) buyers the next 2-3 weeks.

One Mach-E of the Ford Go EV Event is send out to the local dealers for test-driving customers. Same setup as with the event, only drive-along and for around 15minutes
Sponsored