Ford has all deliveries on hold. Anyone know why?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
My dealer just informed me that my car was delivered this morning! Can we put an end to this "all deliveries on hold" rumor once and for all? (I'm super-excited, by the way. :D )

Any holds are clearly regional and coincidental, not nationwide. Probably a logistical problem or a broken-down car-carrier, or who knows what else, but not a "nationwide hold."
Sponsored

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
My dealer just informed me that my car was delivered this morning! Can we put an end to this "all deliveries on hold" rumor once and for all? (I'm super-excited, by the way. :D )
congrats and enjoy!

Any holds are clearly regional and coincidental, not nationwide. Probably a logistical problem or a broken-down car-carrier, or who knows what else, but not a "nationwide hold."
mine has been sitting for two weeks+ waiting for last 180-mile truck transport - driver shortage has created a backlog.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
mine has been sitting for two weeks+ waiting for last 180-mile truck transport - driver shortage has created a backlog.
There you go.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
There's your problem. It was shipped on the 44th of April. Those always take forever to arrive. 😂🤣
You think 4/20 is crazy?
4/40 is next level!!!

gpreston13

First Name
Germain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Lincoln Aviator
Country flag
Why doesn't Ford communicate what is happening? The fact that we all are talking about this proves how bad the customer experience is.

VoiceOfBrendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Radio/Voiceover
Country flag
Why doesn't Ford communicate what is happening? The fact that we all are talking about this proves how bad the customer experience is.
That's my biggest complaint. If they came out and said "hey, we found a faulty so and so" or "hey, we're having trouble getting trucks, thank you for your patience" that'd be fine.

But watching the estimated delivery date get pushed back twice now with no info on why... that sucks :confused:

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
If people hadn't immediately jumped to conclusions about the kinds of ordinary delays that happen in the world of shipping vehicles from factory to dealer, we wouldn't be talking about this!

How would Ford know if a specific car-carrier truck broke down, got a flat, threw a rod, a driver didn't show up for his run, or whatever else might happen to cause a delay, or "hold?" This is between Ford and the dealer anyway. They own the car until the buyer comes to complete the transaction.

Until I found this Forum, I never knew that tracking vehicles from order through delivery was even possible! How many ordinary buyers that aren't as invested as we are would even worry about this? They are just going about their lives waiting to hear that the car was delivered. It's only us nut cases that stress out waiting for our cars to arrive - the equivalent of watching grass grow every day until it reaches 12 inches in height! 🤣
I am personally very pleased with my customer experience. Everything has gone smoothly and I can't wait to leave work to pick up my car, which arrived today just shy of 4 weeks after it was built, and within the never-changed delivery window I was given (5/19 - 6/1). It was rather surprising to see so many people respond to the OP unquestioningly, with absolutely no evidence of a nationwide shipping hold!

I get that some people's experiences are less than stellar, but I don't believe we should generalize our personal experiences, positive or negative, to all buyers, or to Ford in general.

Can we lighten up a little?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
If people hadn't immediately jumped to conclusions about the kinds of ordinary delays that happen in the world of shipping vehicles from factory to dealer, we wouldn't be talking about this!

How would Ford know if a specific car-carrier truck broke down, got a flat, threw a rod, a driver didn't show up for his run, or whatever else might happen to cause a delay, or "hold?" This is between Ford and the dealer anyway. They own the car until the buyer comes to complete the transaction.

Until I found this Forum, I never knew that tracking vehicles from order through delivery was even possible! How many ordinary buyers that aren't as invested as we are would even worry about this? They are just going about their lives waiting to hear that the car was delivered. It's only us nut cases that stress out waiting for our cars to arrive - the equivalent of watching grass grow every day until it reaches 12 inches in height! 🤣
I am personally very pleased with my customer experience. Everything has gone smoothly and I can't wait to leave work to pick up my car, which arrived today just shy of 4 weeks after it was built, and within the never-changed delivery window I was given (5/19 - 6/1). It was rather surprising to see so many people respond to the OP unquestioningly, with absolutely no evidence of a nationwide shipping hold!

I get that some people's experiences are less than stellar, but I don't believe we should generalize our personal experiences, positive or negative, to all buyers, or to Ford in general.

this is the internet... you need to jump to conclusions and embrace conspiracies... its how this works. sheesh. :eek:

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag

I am frustrated with Ford and the fact we special ordered a $60K car with a deposit and Ford can't be bothered to tell us when our car might get delivered. Even my dealer said they have no idea. Just waiting for another delay and silence.

My car was shipped on 4/8 and arrived at the distribution lot on 5/5 and it just sits there only 30 minutes away from my dealer. Does it need parts? Was it damaged? Is it just waiting for a full truck load? Only Ford knows.

They need to do a better job and they don't need apologists.

Immaxx

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Something is going on
mach3.png
. My Mach-E traveled past my city (Houston TX) to Kansas City Mo. I'm not a shipping expert but that is either a mistake or something is going on with the car. When I asked my dealer why they said they didn't know and hadn't seen this happen before. I'm almost to the point of zero trust in the car. Ford forgets the way they treat customers builds or degrades trust in the product. FRUSTRATION
How does one see this for themselves?

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
I am frustrated with Ford and the fact we special ordered a $60K car with a deposit and Ford can't be bothered to tell us when our car might get delivered. Even my dealer said they have no idea. Just waiting for another delay and silence.

My car was shipped on 4/8 and arrived at the distribution lot on 5/5 and it just sits there only 30 minutes away from my dealer. Does it need parts? Was it damaged? Is it just waiting for a full truck load? Only Ford knows.

ford and the dealers want you to give them money for the car as soon as possible too. they can't book revenue to meet their projections if they don't.

our cars are shipped as freight not amazon prime - our expectations of modern consumer good delivery don't apply to the world of freight.

no apologists necessary. logistics in freight is hard in general - even more so now with a shortage of drivers and overloaded rail transport.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I am having trouble confirming if my Toyota Bz4X has gotten a much anticipated May update or not, and couldn't get out of their Bz4X customer engagement line where I can look to confirm if I have the update. Apparently it just is supposed to happen. (It wasn't the fault of the woman I talked to; she was as helpful as she could be.) Seriously, this communication issue with Ford is nowhere near as bad as with other legacy auto companies. Hence why I am hanging out with you all here, drooling over the Mach-E.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. I didn't. Don't poop on me because I said so. This Forum is not restricted to complaints. Just don't lump me in with the complainers.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
ford and the dealers want you to give them money for the car as soon as possible too. they can't book revenue to meet their projections if they don't.

our cars are shipped as freight not amazon prime - our expectations of modern consumer good delivery don't apply to the world of freight.

no apologists necessary. logistics in freight is hard in general - even more so now with a shortage of drivers and overloaded rail transport.
True! Also since our MMEs are made in Mexico it comes via inter modal international transport. Has to go to KC from what we have seen and then get put on a truck to destination or another rail carrier and then trucked the final mile. Lots of logistics involved.

Tesla has an advantage since they are mostly trucking from CA. Inspite of that they have many delays. I have two friends who were delayed by 2 weeks with their deliveries. Except they were told, it's here and then Sorry coming soon, repeatedly.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
No there’s nothing wrong with your car, that’s how they’re supposed to go. Kansas City Southern Railroad delivers all the cars to their ramp in KC. From there they’re moved via truck to other local yards and then shipped on another railroad to a central location closer to destination. Some vehicles destined for nearby locations are loaded onto trucks and shipped to the dealer from there. I’d say it’s the same as airlines, hub and spoke with very little point to point, but it’s the other way around — airlines got the idea from railroads.
I'm regularly astounded at how little effort people put into understanding something before they'll complain about it.

Stopping a train every twenty miles to find and unload a vehicle, one which is likely buried in the middle of the train (which services many more companies than Ford), and requires disconnecting the rail cars, unloading the vehicle (and probably several others that then have to be reloaded), then reassembling all of that just makes zero sense at all.

"Hey, you flew over my house! Why didn't you just drop me off?!"
Sponsored