Ford has all deliveries on hold. Anyone know why?

gpreston13

First Name
Germain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Lincoln Aviator
Country flag
I'm regularly astounded at how little effort people put into understanding something before they'll complain about it.

Stopping a train every twenty miles to find and unload a vehicle, one which is likely buried in the middle of the train (which services many more companies than Ford), and requires disconnecting the rail cars, unloading the vehicle (and probably several others that then have to be reloaded), then reassembling all of that just makes zero sense at all.

"Hey, you flew over my house! Why didn't you just drop me off?!"
One thing that you all are forgetting is Ford gave us the estimate. They are setting the expectations. The problem again is Ford should be explaining what is happening, I don't work for a train company nor do I want to understand their processes.

We are not talking about $50 widgets here!

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
One thing that you all are forgetting is Ford gave us the estimate. They are setting the expectations. The problem again is Ford should be explaining what is happening, I don't work for a train company nor do I want to understand their processes.

We are not talking about $50 widgets here!
Not only did Ford give an estimate, but for several of us, that estimate has been updated three times adding a month delay with no explanation or confidence any date is worth planning for.

Now forum members, whose cars were built weeks after mine, are now taking delivery.

Last edited:

VoiceOfBrendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Radio/Voiceover
Country flag
I know the thread title isn't accurate anymore, but wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting and what their timeframe is?

Mine was built 4/3, shipped 4/4, and it still hasn't reached the dealership. I've been seeing cars built in early May already showing up at dealerships. Estimated delivery is now 6/3-6/16, but after having it pushed back twice already, I'm not holding my breath.

lunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I know the thread title isn't accurate anymore, but wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting and what their timeframe is?

Mine was built 4/3, shipped 4/4, and it still hasn't reached the dealership. I've been seeing cars built in early May already showing up at dealerships. Estimated delivery is now 6/3-6/16, but after having it pushed back twice already, I'm not holding my breath.
No updates here either. I see cars on my dealers lot with window stickers after mine so idk why my car still hasn't came...

VoiceOfBrendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Radio/Voiceover
Country flag
No updates here either. I see cars on my dealers lot with window stickers after mine so idk why my car still hasn't came...
Yup. Dealership has no updated info either. Ford Chat dumped me to the Marketing phone number, and they just said the same thing as the chat.

First world problem, I know. But c'mon!

buff8944

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250 fusion
Occupation
retired
Country flag
same with my two. Built and shipped week of April 3 and delivery date has bounced all over the place. First date was first week of May and has been changed 6 times since. Last date changed from June 12 thru 18 to May 26 thru June 2. My dealer still has no clue. Hopefully changing to new price(haha) so my dealer and I want have to argue with Ford. I have great delaer and he will do whatever possible to get new(right) price. If not I walk.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Maybs...but mostly because Tesla, like Apple, has a ton of Fan Boys & Girls who never say anything bad about Uncle Elon. Tesla has *plenty* of customer service issues, like the guy who's steering wheel fell off *while driving*. Got no love from Tesla until it went very public. Then they magically cared.

My experience has been different...
Yep. My favorite is still the woman whose M3P they forgot to install rear brake pads on. She even sent the service center a video of the vehicle grinding to a halt at 5mph and they told her it was normal and to keep driving it.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
well, it appears there IS at least a subset of Mach-E deliveries that are being held.

i just heard from my salesperson that mine is part of a group of Mach-Es being held at the railyard but they haven't been told why or when they might be released.

VoiceOfBrendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Radio/Voiceover
Country flag
well, it appears there IS at least a subset of Mach-E deliveries that are being held.

i just heard from my salesperson that mine is part of a group of Mach-Es being held at the railyard but they haven't been told why or when they might be released.
After Ford pushed back my delivery into July just last night (again, no official "update" on the tracker page), today it made it to "final preparation"!

Still no clue why it sat for a month at the railyard, but it looks like things are finally moving! Hoping yours does too.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
After Ford pushed back my delivery into July just last night (again, no official "update" on the tracker page), today it made it to "final preparation"!
congrats!

Still no clue why it sat for a month at the railyard, but it looks like things are finally moving! Hoping yours does too.
thanks! i'm in pretty close contact with my salesperson/dealership and they are trying to keep me updated - they are stymied by a lack of communication from ford though.

caplanm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD Grabber Blue
Country flag

I seem to be in the same boat. My MachE Premium was released from the plant on April 27th, made it to a rail yard in Brookfield, Mass around 5 /12/23(about 50 miles from my dealer), sat at the rail yard for about 3 weeks, and according to my dealer, travelled back to upper New York State, and was on its way to another rail yard in Ayer, Massachusetts. Still no updates, other than a Ford tracker update from yesterday moving the delivery date to 6/17.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I seem to be in the same boat. My MachE Premium was released from the plant on April 27th, made it to a rail yard in Brookfield, Mass around 5 /12/23(about 50 miles from my dealer), sat at the rail yard for about 3 weeks, and according to my dealer, travelled back to upper New York State, and was on its way to another rail yard in Ayer, Massachusetts. Still no updates, other than a Ford tracker update from yesterday moving the delivery date to 6/17.
Wow. Your car is sightseeing without you! What's the final destination? I have one that last I heard las week was on a ramp in Ayer, MA, destined to go to central Maine. Expected to arrive this week or next, but I am hoping it's delayed a few more weeks, because I have other things that need to be resolved before I can buy it. Hopefully the truck gets and delivers yours first!

caplanm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. Your car is sightseeing without you! What's the final destination? I have one that last I heard las week was on a ramp in Ayer, MA, destined to go to central Maine. Expected to arrive this week or next, but I am hoping it's delayed a few more weeks, because I have other things that need to be resolved before I can buy it. Hopefully the truck gets and delivers yours first!
Final Destination is a Ford Dealer in Marlboro, Massachusetts. We were hoping to have the vehicle for the Memorial Day weekend.

I've special ordered Fords before. Usually, they get to the dealer within a couple of days of reaching the local Ford ramp at the rail yard. Something is up with this.

caplanm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Final Destination is a Ford Dealer in Marlboro, Massachusetts. We were hoping to have the vehicle for the Memorial Day weekend.

I've special ordered Fords before. Usually, they get to the dealer within a couple of days of reaching the local Ford ramp at the rail yard. Something is up with this.
I am happy to report that the vehicle was delivered to my dealer this morning. Haven't seen it yet, but will be picking it up on Monday
Sponsored