Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
In another thread, someone mentioned speaking to the "OTA Department", but didn't provide any information. I just got off the phone with Ford, and wanted to provide the information I just received.
First, there is a direct help desk for support with onboard systems. The phone number is 1-800-392-3673 and it's staffed until 8:00 PM Monday - Friday. They can help with any issues people are having with onboard systems. He specifically called out Phone as a Key and Bluetooth pairing as things that they've been helping customers with.
For people (like me) who are waiting for the OTA update, he pointed me to the website help.ford.com, where you scroll down to the "Update Sync" button, enter your VIN, it will recognize your vehicle (via VIN, and yes, it actually does understand Sync 4), then provide you with instructions if there's an OTA for your vehicle. He did tell me that, unfortunately the system is down right now, so customers are getting an error. He advised me to give it about an hour or two. They are hoping to have it back up by the end of the day.
Very friendly and professional.
One important note - they seem to be having phone system issues. I originally called into marketing and they couldn't hear me at all. I called back into marketing and they could barely hear me. when they transferred me to the person at the "OTA Department" (that's not really what it's called, but I'll stick with it for the moment"), he had a really tough time hearing me until I took my iPhone off speaker and held it up to my head. Hopefully, the phone system issues are temporary. Anyway, He was a really nice guy and definitely looking to be very helpful!
Sponsored

timstannard24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
No matter how many times I call there, I can never get an answer. I don't know what this is related to, but I think they put my number on the denylist, and that's why I can't get through to them. I hope I made a mistake, and it's just something with my phone, but I'm not sure yet. My sister suggested trying to receive sms online using someone else's phone number, as this is the only way out that I see in this case. If someone has any information about this, please write to me; I will be waiting

Last edited: