Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FORD INCREASING PRODUCTION OF POPULAR ELECTRIC, GAS, HYBRID VEHICLES IN RESPONSE TO STRONG CUSTOMER DEMAND

MAR 3, 2023 | DEARBORN
  • Ford is boosting production of its popular EVs – Mustang Mach-E®, F-150® LightningTM and E-TransitTM – along with other customer favorites like Bronco® Sport and Maverick®
  • Ford’s Kansas City Assembly Plant will add a third crew in April to increase production of the best-selling Transit and E-Transit vans
  • In addition to production increases, Ford is studying ways to boost output at Dearborn Truck Plant to meet continued strong demand for the gas and PowerBoostTM hybrid models of the F-150. Ford F-Series is America’s best-selling truck for 46 consecutive years
DEARBORN, Mich., March 3, 2023 – Ford is increasing production at manufacturing plants across North America to meet strong customer demand for vehicles including Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, Bronco Sport and Maverick. The company is also preparing to launch all-new versions of four significant vehicles in 2023: Super Duty®, Ranger®, Mustang® and Escape®.

“We have had a strong start to 2023 sales and we are moving to fast-track quality production,” said Kumar Galhotra, president, Ford Blue. “Increasing production benefits both our customers and our business.”

Through February, Ford is America’s No. 1 selling overall brand as well as the top truck manufacturer and SUV brand. Ford electric vehicle sales are up 68 percent.

In February, Ford’s U.S. market share increased by 1.4 percentage points to 13.3 percent, powered by a 21.9 percent sales increase.

Mustang Mach-E: Ford began increasing production of the Mustang Mach-E this week. Changes at the plant will allow Ford to nearly double its hourly production and bring its annual manufacturing run rate to a targeted 210,000 units by years’ end.

Mustang Mach-E helped propel Ford to No. 2 in U.S. EV sales in 2022, and is bringing new customers to Ford, with more than two-thirds of customers coming from other makes.

Bronco Sport and Maverick: Ford is increasing production for Bronco Sport and Maverick. Production is targeted to increase by more than 80,000 units this year, helping to meet demand in both North and South America. In the U.S., Ford brand SUV sales totaled 777,770, up 4.6% in 2022 versus 2021, led by the Bronco family of vehicles. Maverick was the No. 1 small truck in America in 2022.

F-150 Lightning: In Michigan, production of the F-150 Lightning at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center is on track to triple this year, targeting an annual production run rate of 150,000 by the end of 2023. The F-150 Lightning, the best-selling electric truck in the U.S., had sales of 3,600 through February, in addition to the 15,617 sales recorded in 2022. F-150 Lightning production will resume March 13. Overall, for the F-150 Lightning production increase, Ford is investing $2 billion across three plants in Michigan and adding 3,200 union jobs.

Transit and E-Transit: Also adding an additional crew in April is Kansas City Assembly Plant, which manufactures the Transit and the E-Transit vans, America’s best-selling gas and electric vans in 2022. Ford is targeting an annual production increase of 38,000. Ford is investing $95 million and adding 1,100 union jobs as part of the production increase. Ford is America’s best-selling commercial van maker for 45 straight years.

F-150 and F-150 PowerBoost: Ford is also looking at ways to increase production at the Dearborn Truck Plant of the F-150 gas and hybrid trucks to meet continued strong demand. The F-Series holds the title of America’s best-selling truck for 46 consecutive years.
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Well, we knew that but it's nice to see an official announcement. I am a little concerned that increased production may mean backlogs in shipping. Will shipping also be ramped up to match increased production, or will cars start "piling up" at the factory and depot hubs? I hope it's the former.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Well, we knew that but it's nice to see an official announcement. I am a little concerned that increased production may mean backlogs in shipping. Will shipping also be ramped up to match increased production, or will cars start "piling up" at the factory and depot hubs? I hope it's the former.
People think I am joking when I post this... the railroads are a complete disaster and are not improving... many cars will experience months in transit. sorry.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
People think I am joking when I post this... the railroads are a complete disaster and are not improving... many cars will experience months in transit. sorry.
I know you're not joking. I have followed many horror story accounts of cars in transit for some time now. I have always expected that.

Based on others' accounts, I figured that I might take delivery about 2 months after my build week. My concern is that this timeline might get worse. I certainly hope not!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I know you're not joking. I have followed many horror story accounts of cars in transit for some time now. I have always expected that.

Based on others' accounts, I figured that I might take delivery about 2 months after my build week. My concern is that this timeline might get worse. I certainly hope not!
I hope your car comes through soon! Its worth the wait.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Oh well. It was a nice run having an exclusive Mach E in my neighborhood...
There are 3 other MMEs in my neighborhood and I have seen at least three others in my town. I’m pretty sure there is only one other 2021 though. 🤷‍♂️🐩

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
FORD INCREASING PRODUCTION OF POPULAR ELECTRIC, GAS, HYBRID VEHICLES
So... vehicles in general? Or is there something besides electric, gas, or hybrid? I guess they wanted to exclude fuel cell vehicles?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Mustang Mach-E helped propel Ford to No. 2 in U.S. EV sales in 2022, and is bringing new customers to Ford, with more than two-thirds of customers coming from other makes.
I'm one of the new customers coming to Ford after being lured in with this car. Mistake on my part. I can only hold my breath and hope OTA's begin to get rolled out in a more competent manner, then hope those OTA's fix this car that obviously was not ready.

Almost every issue I have with the car starts with the terribly slow and glitchy screen and software.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I too have started to see many more MMEs in our area too. I see that as a positive.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I've seen a few other MME's around but Sheeba is an alpha female and usually hunts them down and eats them.
I just lift my leg on mine a couple of times a week or after every rain. Just make sure everyone knows it’s mine. 🤪🐩
Sponsored