TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll let you know, but I just config'ed one with my dealer after the GM called Ford to confirm this promotion, and are supposed to send me an order confirmation form of some sort. We'll see what happens, but it seems legit.
Don't know if/when it'll show up there, but maybe log into your Ford account periodically and check Reservations/Orders. Seems like it would show up there, probably as a 2nd order.
Sponsored

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Don't know if/when it'll show up there, but maybe log into your Ford account periodically and check Reservations/Orders. Seems like it would show up there, probably as a 2nd order.
Thanks all! I’ve been logging in to check, but nothing yet. Fingers crossed it works for us!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The people at the promo number siad this order will not show up in "my Orders and Reservations" like the others, as this is separate and more like pre-ordering or custom ordering directly from a dealer. They did collect the $500 and have me sign an order though.
Basically what is going on here is that Ford decided to open up the FE ordering for a limited time (a couple weeks or so) again. But this time, they are simply experimenting with social media as a marketing tool. Whatever works I guess... It got me hooked.. ha

Last edited:

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
No limits for FE's? That doesn't seem right. So all non-FE orders are getting delayed by anyone now ordering a FE even if they didn't have a reservation? Not cool.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Mine placed by the dealer a week before this debacle has not shown up there yet. All I have is the cancelled premium. :(

** Update . . . my Dealer just called me literally after I typed the above and told me he has been checking daily, and was advised that they are not linking these to emails and accounts at this time? He said to keep checking. So, we may not see these like our original orders if you made a switch to a FE.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Mine placed by the dealer a week before this debacle has not shown up there yet. All I have is the cancelled premium. :(
My dealer rep told me not to expect the FE to appear on my Ford.com owner page anytime soon.....if ever. He believes the guys and gals at Ford have their hands full right now so figuring out how to update the owner pages probably isn't top priority just yet.

He assured me that my order is in and he will update me as soon as he receives more information like production scheduling, VIN assignment, ship dates etc.

I have an order confirmation printout so that works for me especially since the final transaction is between me and by dealer anyway.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hey everyone, be very careful with social media announced promotions. It is very easy for anyone to open a Twitter or other social media account with a name that sounds official and use it to mine data. If nothing else, avoid providing your credit card or other payment information to anyone other than directly to Ford. Don’t get scammed!
Good point....I was actually thinking of that after my call. Like you said though, I didn't provide any credit card number, no address, no PII. Today I felt better. My dealer said he received an email from "Ford Promotions" confirming our call, so it seems legit.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
No limits for FE's? That doesn't seem right. So all non-FE orders are getting delayed by anyone now ordering a FE even if they didn't have a reservation? Not cool.
Ya, this seems like a garbage idea, and not a good way to treat customers who got in line 10 months ago.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Not sure that is the case at all. The limit is by deadline time. The order window through this method won't stay open for long. I asked the reps about this and they don't seem to know whether there will be first and second batches produced and delivered at different times or what, but it's likley they have determined that they have more room for the FE run without affecting any other orders. I think Ford has a lot riding on this launch and they can't afford to alienate us. I'm hoping this temporary opening will not affect any other models or production schedules. I get the feeling that they just opened up some extra capacity for their current schedule, and let it roll a while. Since this extra production isn't on the web site, I wouldn't imagine a huge onslaught of new FE orders in comparison. Anyway, I hope it doens't affect anyone's current order, including the rest of the ME lines.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I dont think it shows up on ford account until the order is entered by the dealer and I am not sure the dealers will enter before they contact you

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure that is the case at all. The limit is by deadline time. The order window through this method won't stay open for long. I asked the reps about this and they don't seem to know whether there will be first and second batches produced and delivered at different times or what, but it's likley they have determined that they have more room for the FE run without affecting any other orders. I think Ford has a lot riding on this launch and they can't afford to alienate us. I'm hoping this temporary opening will not affect any other models or production schedules. I get the feeling that they just opened up some extra capacity for their current schedule, and let it roll a while. Since this extra production isn't on the web site, I wouldn't imagine a huge onslaught of new FE orders in comparison. Anyway, I hope it doens't affect anyone's current order, including the rest of the ME lines.
Whether it's first batch or a later batch (more specifically, 2020 delivery vs 2021) makes all the difference to me. Shame that they don't seem to have a clue on that (but par for the course of this botched idea).

Pushing back later orders has never been the issue, IMO. It's about ignoring reservation priority. They cut off FE reservations way back on November 26. Thousand since then might have wanted an FE for 2020 delivery but had to order a Premium for 2021 delivery instead. Now they're ignoring priority and just letting anyone line-cut. Not cool.

It would have been better if they just kept these extras secret and offered them to a handful of preferred dealers (which I suspect happens anyway). Publicly ignoring reservation priority like this is a bigger hit to their credibility/good will.

The right way to do this would have been to start a waitlist for the extra FEs when it became apparent they might have some. And only award upgrades by reservation priority (the reason reservation priority exists).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
And timing. FEs arrive first.
I'd be all over this if the FE was available in Infinite Blue or Star White. But as it is I'll "settle" for the Infinite Blue Premium AWD ER I ordered. *sniff* *cry* :p

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am not familiar with how the ordering process worked for this vehicle. Was their a promise to deliver all First Editions first?
Yes FEs are limited in qty and delivered first
Sponsored