trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Wow. That’s really clear. Either it didn’t get to dealers before the drops or lots of dealers weren’t paying attention.
Dealer was not paying attention. Got a call from my dealer today about it. Happy with the premium told him so no worry, but looks like they was not ready.

Right at the bottom to dealer. September 15th is the absolute order confirmed to Dearborn.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Not sure if it's worth it, but would anyone want to start a tally of people who have been able to switch? Just curious about the total number.

Also some details sent to the dealer...

"Heads up: We have a new customer lead for you!

This customer unlocked a Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition opportunity from the Mach Drop campaign. To learn how that process works, Ford Program Headquarters recommends you review the attached document. Basically, Ford is “dropping” a small secret stash of First Edition Mustang Mach-E vehicles for customers to order thru you.

Here are your customer’s details:"

And

"Best time to contact this customer: Anytime

The customer also indicated the following vehicle interests:

Vehicle Model: First Edition

Color: Undecided

The customer is expecting to hear from someone at your dealership within the next 24 hours. Upon discussion with the customer regarding the price, deposit and First Edition exterior color, if the customer elects to move forward to order, please submit a buyers order to Ford Program Headquarters. Orders will be submitted into the Ford system and not by the dealer. Order request deadline for Mustang Mach-E First Edition vehicle through this program is September 15. Your immediate attention to this lead is greatly appreciated and encouraged.

If you have any questions about the Ford Mach Drop program or how the customer was engaged, please review the attachment or contact Ford Program Headquarters at [email protected] or 844-802-6635."

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got off the phone w my dealer. I made my premium order through him weeks ago, converting a res into an order. I texted him all this stuff about the FE Drop, because I really would like Grabber Blue. After days went by, and him texting me some quoted texts from his contact, today he says there are no FE’s available to switch into for folks like me with a premium order in place. I’m pretty confused as to how there are so many varying experiences described in this thread.
With each passing day of this #machdrop BS fiasco, I'm getting more annoyed with Ford. Whoever came up with this idea to bypass reservation priority for those waiting 9 months already and turn this into some silly "clues" game should be fired.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ChasingCoral - Curious at your choice of ? at my last post. You think it's funny Ford is giving customers the run-around like this? Ignoring reservation priority? Playing games?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
ChasingCoral - Curious at your choice of ? at my last post. You think it's funny Ford is giving customers the run-around like this? Ignoring reservation priority? Playing games?
Honestly? I found "Whoever came up with this idea to bypass reservation priority for those waiting 9 months already and turn this into some silly "clues" game should be fired." amusing.

My apologies if you didn't intend to be amusing.

Marketing and advertising folks have been doing shit like this for decades. The media has been making fun of these sorts of failed attempts for decades, too (anyone remember the WKRP Thanksgiving Turkey Drop?).

The difference is that now with social media (including fora like this one), the cognizanti are so well connected that failed marketing suddenly turns into huge frustration for individuals if they choose to take it too seriously.

“You cannot control the behavior of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it.” -- Roy T. Bennett

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
There are no games. The cars either would of been scraped or not built at all. Ford is trying to give( even if a few) a change to get a first edition that didn't make the cut last time.

How many rare toys, items,guns, and things in life they only made a few of, We was left out no way to get one. Ford is trying to help a few people.

Some people mad like my kids when they didn't get that pokeman card they wanted in the pack.

The few more FF that will be built will not delay anything even a day. relax the Mache is still coming.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
[QUOTE="ChasingCoral, post: 30466, member: 642"

Marketing and advertising folks have been doing shit like this for decades. The media has been making fun of these sorts of failed attempts for decades, too (anyone remember the WKRP Thanksgiving Turkey Drop?).

[/QUOTE]
“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are no games. The cars either would of been scraped or not built at all. Ford is trying to give( even if a few) a change to get a first edition that didn't make the cut last time.

How many rare toys, items,guns, and things in life they only made a few of, We was left out no way to get one. Ford is trying to help a few people.

Some people mad like my kids when they didn't get that pokeman card they wanted in the pack.

The few more FF that will be built will not delay anything even a day. relax the Mache is still coming.
You've probably missed all the other posts explaining that having unexpected FEs to sell now is not the problem. AT ALL. Quite the opposite, it's a great thing.

What's BS is the way they're allocating them to customers, through a silly #machdrop clues game, and especially for ignoring reservation priority to bypass thousands that got in line 9 months ago and were told they couldn't get an FE. Now suddenly a handful of lucky people off the street can get one, with no regard to reservation priority.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
[QUOTE="ChasingCoral, post: 30466, member: 642"

“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”
[/QUOTE]
One of the all-time great sitcom episodes.

Sadly, some idiot at Ford had an idea nearly as dumb for how to allocate some extra FEs. (In real life, not a sitcom.)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With each passing day of this #machdrop BS fiasco, I'm getting more annoyed with Ford. Whoever came up with this idea to bypass reservation priority for those waiting 9 months already and turn this into some silly "clues" game should be fired.
I am, or at least was, in the same boat as you for several days... Aggrevated by the way this program was launched and run.

I just had to keep reminding myself, it's just marketing.. it's just marketing... It's just marketing.. there's no place like home... There's no place like home...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I have a great dealer. Maybe I am just too much of a pain in the ass. All I know is some combination of that got me a FE before all the Mach Drop nonsense.
“The Humanity!¨ - Also from that WKRP episode.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Marketing and advertising folks have been doing shit like this for decades.
And when they do shit for a job, they should be fired, yes. Or at least moved to something they're not shit at.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
In my day these shenanigans were something you clipped out of the back of a magazine and nobody knew how else was doing it. As Mark said, this type of marketing thing has been going on forever.

I had a great conversation with the GM of my dealership today (first one). Ford completely took the control away from the dealers on this one. They are frustrated too. Good news, there is only one more "MachDrop." So it's almost over. There really aren't that many cars allocated to this promo.

How many people are sitting around with $60k in their pocket and decide on a whim to buy a BEV. I'm sure there aren't really very many and that 95% of all the FE's are going to Premium buyers.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I have a great dealer. Maybe I am just too much of a pain in the ass. All I know is some combination of that got me a FE before all the Mach Drop nonsense.
“The Humanity!¨ - Also from that WKRP episode.
I'm guessing a little bit of all three!
Sponsored