SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I am more than a little suspicious of that tweet from Ford.

I doubt Ford would be looking for First Edition orders thru tweets instead of working with their dealers and letting them know they have a few more slots open.

Anyway, I am getting excited counting down the days --- they should be built in less than 60 days.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
While it would be nice if they would reach out to existing reservation holders and offer the option to switch, it seems like this is more of a marketing gimmick like when a radio station gives away concert tickets.

I know some people are getting to switch when they have requested but unless Idris Elba is going to be calling people and seeing if they want to switch, I think this is more focused on getting new orders not switching premiums to FE
Yup thats what this looks like - if Ford really wanted to open up - they can open up the reservations again for a day or few hours etc. Otherwise this is a random hit and miss. I called my dealer and they said they put me on a list to contact me if anything opens up but so far they have had no cancellations of FE and they dont have any more info from Ford if they are getting one or two more.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I generally am pretty positive with Ford and the MME, but something about this just irritates me. I'll wait and see what it really is about, but if they decide to squeeze additional FE in before the premiums and push us out further for delivery... I'll probably just move on and save my money!

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
I would think it is a good idea for people who want to get their car this year to switch to FE. Maybe they are trying to have all 2020 production to be FE.

Since it is limited quantities, maybe don't cancel your premium until you are absolutely sure you got the FE.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Cmon Ford... you can’t just drop news like this without more info!

How do they plan on making more available, especially over here in the UK where order banks are not even open and dealers have no more info? As it stands, someone stateside who placed an order in July stands the chance of getting an FE before me, who pre-ordered in January... super frustrating ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just emailed my dealer to see what he says.

In terms of "switching" an existing reservation/order, I'm not sure that's even necessary. As far as we know, all FEs should be made and delivered within a month of each other. So even if the dealer opens up a whole new order with a whole new number, if it's an FE it should jump right into the first month, right?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just emailed my dealer to see what he says.

In terms of "switching" an existing reservation/order, I'm not sure that's even necessary. As far as we know, all FEs should be made and delivered within a month of each other. So even if the dealer opens up a whole new order with a whole new number, if it's an FE it should jump right into the first month, right?
That is sound logic in my opinion.

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I generally am pretty positive with Ford and the MME, but something about this just irritates me. I'll wait and see what it really is about, but if they decide to squeeze additional FE in before the premiums and push us out further for delivery... I'll probably just move on and save my money!
Completely agree. Ford corporate should be reaching out to people buying the car with actual information instead if marketing gimmicks. One can only hope the car is better than the marketing. And if Ford sees false and misleading tweets they should notify current reservation and order holders - we're not that hard to find - they have our contact info !

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Even though it reads like "more FEs", my guess is that's just the way they're marketing it for the 'Wow' factor (to make it sound like there's More!). I'd guess it's simply the leftovers from the originally reserved FEs that didn't convert to order by the 8/18 deadline. Especially since that deadline was just a day and a half ago. This tweet coming out now fits that perfectly.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even though it reads like "more FEs", my guess is that's just the way they're marketing it for the 'Wow' factor (to make it sound like there's More!). I'd guess it's simply the leftovers from the originally reserved FEs that didn't convert to order by the 8/18 deadline. Especially since that deadline was just a day and a half ago. This tweet coming out now fits that perfectly.
I hope so, I also hope they are giving people the opportunity to "upgrade" versus trying to get new orders. I remember the most important rule from grade school, "no cutting!"

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Exactly what I was going to say. My guess is that they have those extra parts for the FE, and they were already planned in the production que - so why not build them and create a little more buzz. The dealer and the Regional rep went in and cancelled my Premium - so if it makes anyone feel any better, by switching to a FE that was probably going to be in the line anyway, I opened up a spot from a premium that was placed at 9:55 pm the night of the event - so you all got to move up by one at least - if my logic is correct.
Sponsored