SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Exactly! That's was my point. By underestimating the number of people waiting for a test drive
No not at all, these few not converted FE’s are probably less than a 1 day production.

I just think it is unfair to not first offer them to the Premium reservation holders in the order of their time stamps because for many of them the FE selection was not available when they reserved. Should be a simple task on a computer sort.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No not at all, these few not converted FE’s are probably less than a 1 day production.

I just think it is unfair to not first offer them to the Premium reservation holders in the order of their time stamps because for many of them the FE selection was not available when they reserved. Should be a simple task on a computer sort.
Agree in general, although the "in order of time stamp" would have to be more of an approximate grouping. It would take way too long to contact each person down the line and wait for a Yes or No response until all were filled.

It really depends on how much time they have. In order to give people a reasonable amount of time to respond, they probably don't have enough time to do more than 2-3 passes. And if you make the response deadline too short, you piss some customers off that weren't around to check their email that day.

Still though, they should have some way to approximately narrow it to the earlier reservation holders to make it mostly fair.

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
Dont

Don’t forget the mystery “Diamond Dash Appliqué”
Can't recall exactly, but when I made my reservation, I thought for the price difference between the Premium AWD ER and FE was about US$1,100... is that really the case?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Can't recall exactly, but when I made my reservation, I thought for the price difference between the Premium AWD ER and FE was about US$1,100... is that really the case?
I think depending on color option on Premium it was $1,100 to $1,500, or so.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think depending on color option on Premium it was $1,100 to $1,500, or so.
I believe it's $1600.

I assume any color upcharges (US) are the same regardless of trim -- e.g. that the gray is free for both, and the red is +$400 for both.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I believe it's $1600.

I assume any color upcharges (US) are the same regardless of trim -- e.g. that the gray is free for both, and the red is +$400 for both.
Mostly, but not complete because different trims have different colors available.

When I reserved, I recall the difference being $1200 when deciding which to reserve. That said, I needed a $400 upcharge on the premium for a decent color and grabber blue was free on the FE and didn't need a color upgrade...

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Check out Ford’s instagram. You can now call and order. My temptation level is super high, but holding off for now.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mostly, but not complete because different trims have different colors available.

When I reserved, I recall the difference being $1200 when deciding which to reserve. That said, I needed a $400 upcharge on the premium for a decent color and grabber blue was free on the FE and didn't need a color upgrade...
But $1200 from a free color, or $1200 from an already +$400 chosen color? (thus an actual $1600 for the FE)

I get that they have some different colors available that might involve different choices, but to me that's independent. I don't think the same color is free on one but +$400 on the other.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Check out Ford’s instagram. You can now call and order. My temptation level is super high, but holding off for now.

Thanks, @benboy12. I updated the first post with this info.

Good luck with your self-restraint. ;)

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

I called, the very nice woman I spoke with said they are just connecting callers with local dealers in their area to make the order. She said dealers should be aware of this Mach Drop program. Also said she wasn’t told how many were available.

Bottom line, don’t call this number call your dealer.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone been successful in upgrading their existing dealer-accepted order to the FE that dropped this morning? I’ve called the Instagram post number and they said they didn’t know about upgrades and to call customer relations. THEY didn’t know about FEs dropping AT ALL. Then I called the original number back and they said to call my dealer.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
On hold...

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was able to get through and they were very friendly and helpful. They said they will call my dealer and give them the information to switch the order. I should hear back in 24-48 hours to confirm all the details. It might include a special code so just going directly to your dealer might not work.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was able to get through and they were very friendly and helpful. They said they will call my dealer and give them the information to switch the order. I should hear back in 24-48 hours to confirm all the details. It might include a special code so just going directly to your dealer might not work.
So confusing. :) I've updated the original post again. Thanks, @MurphyDog.
Sponsored