TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer checked with his DSM (district sales manager, I'm guessing?). Said they're starting a waiting list for any unclaimed FEs. Not sure if that's just this district or nationally. Cautioned that there's no guarantee so don't cancel the original order unless confirmed (an obvious point but good to spell it out just in case).

He's putting my name on it. I'm not expecting anything though. Would just be a bonus. A Christmas bonus ?.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here's the instagram post:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's the instagram post:
That sure suggests they're open to the general public to jump ahead of reservation holders. If they do that, it's gonna piss off a LOT of people.

Hopefully they're just putting people on a list right now. Then when they cut that off (a week?), prioritize that list so reservation holders get first priority. And ONLY if they have more FEs left over from that, start allocating to non-res holders.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That sure suggests they're open to the general public to jump ahead of reservation holders. If they do that, it's gonna piss off a LOT of people.

Hopefully they're just putting people on a list right now. Then when they cut that off (a week?), prioritize that list so reservation holders get first priority. And ONLY if they have more FEs left over from that, start allocating to non-res holders.
You might be assuming that new FE orders are prioritized ahead of older orders (of all trims). And that very well may be true, but I'm not sure we know one way or the other.

I don't see anything wrong with Ford assembling a 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in June of 2021. It's still a First Edition from the first model year.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I have to say, this is perhaps one of the worst run marketing gimmicks I've seen and I have a general distain for all things marketing.

To make it even not confusing, the IG post makes it seem like this if for a specific color.. so assuming I actually want grey or red.. I should wait until someone else posts a different number, where they tell me the same thing, can my dealer?

Last edited:

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I have to say, this is perhaps one of the worst run marketing gimmicks I've seen and I have a general distain for all things marketing.

To make it even not confusing, the IG post makes it seem like this if for a specific color.. so assuming I actually want grey or red.. I should wait until someone else posts a different number, where they tell me the same thing, can my dealer?
Especially when they don't even announce how many FE are being built.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You might be assuming that new FE orders are prioritized ahead of older orders (of all trims). And that very well may be true, but I'm not sure we know one way or the other.

I don't see anything wrong with Ford assembling a 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in June of 2021. It's still a First Edition from the first model year.
My assumption was that all the FEs would be built and shipped out in Oct/Nov, but yes, if they choose to add some more to the end of the model year (next June or something), that changes everything. Including my interest in switching from a Premium. If that's the case, I don't want to switch.

One more thing I guess we need clarification on.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Just called the 800 number ( 844.802.6634). Talked to Susan. She said she would have my dealer call me back regarding switching my order from PE to FE. She said there was no guarantee at this point that it could be done (very ambiguous). The most interesting thing is that she said something about a delay in PE deliveries, but would not elaborate.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just called the 800 number ( 844.802.6634). Talked to Susan. She said she would have my dealer call me back regarding switching my order from PE to FE. She said there was no guarantee at this point that it could be done (very ambiguous). The most interesting thing is that she said something about a delay in PE deliveries, but would not elaborate.
At this point I need to turn off my phone and forget about this for awhile or I'm going to cancel my order out of frustration. It's not that I want or need a FE... But the confusion that existed prior to this was from a lack of info, now they make it worse with conflicting information. Why tell people to call a number, then redirect them without any solid info.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
I am thinking all FE will be the first out the door. I would think it is easier for Ford to finish all FE before moving on to other trims.

It is unfortunate, but it does seem like people that are willing to pay more can skip the line.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
At this point I need to turn off my phone and forget about this for awhile or I'm going to cancel my order out of frustration. It's not that I want or need a FE... But the confusion that existed prior to this was from a lack of info, now they make it worse with conflicting information. Why tell people to call a number, then redirect them without any solid info.
Away from phone time can be a good thing. Or so I've heard. Let me know how it works. ;)

My best guess on the special number situation is that they need to address new #MachDrop customers in a different manner than customers with existing orders that want to modify them.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am thinking all FE will be the first out the door. I would think it is easier for Ford to finish all FE before moving on to other trims.

It is unfortunate, but it does seem like people that are willing to pay more can skip the line.
So if this pushes back my Premium delivery a little bit, that is a bummer... But ok. On the positive side though, it means fewer Infinite Blue vehicles will be sharing the road with me. :)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Away from phone time can be a good thing. Or so I've heard. Let me know how it works. ;)

My best guess on the special number situation is that they need to address new #MachDrop customers in a different manner than customers with existing orders that want to modify them.
Away from phone time will never happen, just away from Twitter time!

I think you are right, the number is for new customers, they want to get more sales, not interested in upgrading people it seems.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Would anything stop you from initially pretending to be a new customer? I guess they'd know at some point you already have an order, but curious what happens for new customers.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would anything stop you from initially pretending to be a new customer? I guess they'd know at some point you already have an order, but curious what happens for new customers.
I was thinking the same thing. If I wasn't irritated by Ford right now I'd call and not mention any existing order, just to see what they say.
Sponsored