tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
If someone orders a FE new today and gets delivery ahead of someone who reserved a Premium on launch day in November my order is cancelled. I just got an email from Ford corporate addressing my change in address and dealer from when we were first allowed to convert from a reservation to an order. That's how far behind corporate is. After waiting years for Ford to offer this car the alternatives in 2021 are starting to look better every day.
Sponsored

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
My assumption was that all the FEs would be built and shipped out in Oct/Nov,
I agree they will all be built in one run --- should be able to push them out in less then 2 weeks.
Ford still has almost 2 months to get everything in place before the FE run starts --- after the Demo runs are done.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree they will all be built in one run --- should be able to push them out in less then 2 weeks.
Ford still has almost 2 months to get everything in place before the FE run starts --- after the Demo runs are done.
That seems most logical, and that what this really is is not "more" FEs being made, but that it's just the the ones that weren't converted from reservations. Enough to warrant this push.

Or perhaps not. Maybe enough to pretend there's a bunch, trying to make a marketing splash, but then telling most of the new people that call "Oh darn, you just missed out on the FEs... but hey, we've still got plenty of Premiums we can sell you!". This probably wasn't a PR campaign they just threw together in 24 hours.

It's tricky business trying to draw in new customers for the MME without pissing off ones already in line.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just called the 800 number ( 844.802.6634). Talked to Susan. She said she would have my dealer call me back regarding switching my order from PE to FE. She said there was no guarantee at this point that it could be done (very ambiguous). The most interesting thing is that she said something about a delay in PE deliveries, but would not elaborate.
This is where people with incomplete information and less than optimal guidance can do real damage in a launch.

Throwing out the "delay in PE" rolls into a possible scenario where what gets delivered this year are FE's and dealer cars only. On 2021 assembly line startup you have at least an initial batch of EU/UK cars that will need to be shipped given the time constraints with a delivery halfway around the world, before you can get to the bulk of the NA orders. Considering that's pretty much in keeping with a pandemic delayed timeline, it gains extra credence ... even if not true.

And that's why you need to get out in front of the information curve by letting customers know what's up, or at least squash unfounded rumors.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If someone orders a FE new today and gets delivery ahead of someone who reserved a Premium on launch day in November my order is cancelled. I just got an email from Ford corporate addressing my change in address and dealer from when we were first allowed to convert from a reservation to an order. That's how far behind corporate is. After waiting years for Ford to offer this car the alternatives in 2021 are starting to look better every day.
I could understand your point if it caused delivery to slip past 2020, but what's the difference of a day, a week, or I could even argue a month if someone is willing to pay $1600 extra. It's not like you are going to get it any later with this change, mainly that someone new (instead of someone old) might be getting it sooner.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That sure suggests they're open to the general public to jump ahead of reservation holders. If they do that, it's gonna piss off a LOT of people.

Hopefully they're just putting people on a list right now. Then when they cut that off (a week?), prioritize that list so reservation holders get first priority. And ONLY if they have more FEs left over from that, start allocating to non-res holders.
Sounds like everyone is being directed to a dealer so anything is possible from that point. We would hope the dealer gives first priority to existing holders of confirmed orders.....especially those that have expressed an interest in the FE if they become available.

My assumption was that all the FEs would be built and shipped out in Oct/Nov, ...
Aren't there FE reservation holders in Europe? If so, then those would certainly be built in a different production run since their order books haven't opened yet.

I am thinking all FE will be the first out the door. I would think it is easier for Ford to finish all FE before moving on to other trims.

It is unfortunate, but it does seem like people that are willing to pay more can skip the line.
I am thinking there will have to be at least 2 different production runs of First Editions.....and now possibly even 3 with this new 'Mach Drop group'.

A First Edition became available to me last week so I now fall into that group of people that are willing to pay more can skip the line. However, I think that is okay because it doesn't change anything for anyone else. An original FE reservation number was converted to an order so there is no 'domino effect' here. Nobody was bumped back from where they already were.

Now, if we learn that additional First Editions are dovetailed in where none were previously planned.....then I am not okay with that. I would actually cancel my First Edition order if that were the case. I will be perfectly happy to go back to my original Infinite Blue Premium AWD Standard range with light grey interior......for less money.

Lastly.....
The FE package is $6600. See attached.
All First Editions are built on the Premium AWD K3S $52,700
Equipment Group 301A adds the extended range battery (99U $5000) and the appearance package ($1600).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders 2021-mach-e-mustang-price-list

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
How is that possible? None of the FE reservation holders in Europe have been able to convert their reservations into orders yet? I must be missing something here......
???

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I sent an email to the Manager who handled my Premium order to upgrade to FE. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE: Local EV Manager is working on converting my Premium to FE.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think he meant just the US orders.
Thank you!
So, do we all agree that First Editions for Europe will come off the assembly line AFTER Dealer Demo (FCTP units), North America First Editions and even North America Premiums?

If so, then "First Editions" are not really 'first' but really a trim level on the K3S Premium AWD.

If we get that far......then we shouldn't assume any "new" First Edition orders will be built 'first'.
Maybe....just maybe......Ford is scheduling ALL confirmed orders now. Anything resulting from the "Mach Drop"....if a new order not already accounted for would just be another production run scheduled in due time.

Maybe we will have 1st First Editions (North America), 2nd First Editions (Europe) and 3rd First Editions (Mach Drop)?

If that is the case......then let Ford sell as many of those things as they can. Whatever it takes to get people to buy these things the better. This will be a funny story later when our grand kids ask about what it was like when the Mach E was first released....

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I dont really need a FE, prefer the light interior option offered in the Premiums. But I expect my Premium to be delivered mid 2021, so it comes down to can I be patient and rational on a depreciating asset or do I go with my emotions :) Contacted dealer and expecting to hear back later today.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thank you!
So, do we all agree that First Editions for Europe will come off the assembly line AFTER Dealer Demo (FCTP units), North America First Editions and even North America Premiums?

If so, then "First Editions" are not really 'first' but really a trim level on the K3S Premium AWD.

If we get that far......then we shouldn't assume any "new" First Edition orders will be built 'first'.
Maybe....just maybe......Ford is scheduling ALL confirmed orders now. Anything resulting from the "Mach Drop"....if a new order not already accounted for would just be another production run scheduled in due time.

Maybe we will have 1st First Editions (North America), 2nd First Editions (Europe) and 3rd First Editions (Mach Drop)?

If that is the case......then let Ford sell as many of those things as they can. Whatever it takes to get people to buy these things the better. This will be a funny story later when our grand kids ask about what it was like when the Mach E was first released....
If what you say comes true, it will be really a mess. I believe these are unconverted units and Ford is trying make a fixed number and sell them ahead through orders - just my thoughts.

I would be only interested (most are like me I assume) if they deliver these Mach Drop units with other FEs before the end of the year. If not I might as well wait for my premium. Very few would order these just for the FE trim and take delivery later than premiums.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Is Ford doing this for the dealers? When the order goes thru the web, it is difficult to add ADM.
Now, maybe dealers have control of the limited quantities, and they can add whatever ADM they like. If you want to jump ahead, you have to pay up.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thank you!
Nope. That's another unknown. At this point it certainly appears that the NA First Editions will come first. What we don't know is if they keep the First Edition line going and switch to the EU/UK First Editions before the NA Premiums or vice versa. Either way, the EU/UK First Editions will be the first EU/UK cars built.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If what you say comes true, it will be really a mess. I believe these are unconverted units and Ford is trying make a fixed number and sell them ahead through orders - just my thoughts.

I would be only interested (most are like me I assume) if they deliver these Mach Drop units with other FEs before the end of the year. If not I might as well wait for my premium. Very few would order these just for the FE trim and take delivery later than premiums.
I'm with Jelly Belly. I think these are already planned FEs. I also don't think it's very many cars. Note that today's drop are only Grabber Blue. I think this is mostly promotion to get excitement up again and nothing to get all riled up about. If you're looking to get into an FE, there may be an opportunity. Otherwise, it's a few people getting a chance to hop onto unconverted First Edition reservations.
Sponsored