Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My Ford dealer called. He did hear from the Mach drop folks, and they gave him info on how to convert my order. My dealer attempted to do that but so far has been unable to make it work. He says he will need to send me a new buyer's agreement to sign since the price will be $1200 or $1600 higher than my Premium ER AWD rapid red. I should know more by next Wed when his GM is back in the office to help.
Sponsored

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Anyone had any success getting a FE ordered? My dealership in the Seattle area seems clueless...any guidance I can get them would be helpful.

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I could understand your point if it caused delivery to slip past 2020, but what's the difference of a day, a week, or I could even argue a month if someone is willing to pay $1600 extra. It's not like you are going to get it any later with this change, mainly that someone new (instead of someone old) might be getting it sooner.
It's not the delivery for me - it's the principle. If Ford values clearing out a few excess red stitched seat covers more than customer loyalty it says a lot about the company. Alternative ? Put those left over seat covers on company or employee cars. I think the message Ford didn't hear is a lot of FE reservers were not happy spending that much without a test drive for what is really just the prestige of a "First Edition". Its long term "value" ? Just look at auctions - unless it is a special paint or owner or VIN #1 these "first editions" long term hold no more value than later units. Frankly the old dealer system was better - you placed an order and the dealer said it will be about 4 months and they called you when you car came in. And oh they actually had cars in production when they took your order ! A lot of the copying of Tesla so far has, in my mind, been the worse points of the car.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My Ford dealer called. He did hear from the Mach drop folks, and they gave him info on how to convert my order. My dealer attempted to do that but so far has been unable to make it work. He says he will need to send me a new buyer's agreement to sign since the price will be $1200 or $1600 higher than my Premium ER AWD rapid red. I should know more by next Wed when his GM is back in the office to help.
My Seattle area dealer said I couldn't upgrade. I have forwarded him a copy of the Instagram post. If the dealer has to push the paperwork through I may be in trouble.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'm about a decade behind you. My first new car was a 1977 Chevy Monza. $4659, IIRC. $98/mo payments, and that was tough back then!
First new car? ‘77 Mercury Capri 5 speed Copper color with black racing stripes God, I LOVED that car. About $5K if I recall.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My Seattle area dealer said I couldn't upgrade. I have forwarded him a copy of the Instagram post. If the dealer has to push the paperwork through I may be in trouble.
Hmm, could that be Sound Ford? I have heard lots of negative things about them in the past, I went there once and salesmen came from multiple directions, like sharks circling their prey.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
Is this for a NEW order, not a conversion from existing order?
Yes, they make a new FE order.

My dealer did this and said he would get back to me when it was it was either confirmed or denied. If its confirmed that I get the FE he will cancel my Premium order. He said he will know more by Sept 15, but if he hears anything he'll keep me updated.

It seems that they aren't adding more FE orders just filling in the gaps for orders that people gave up. Maybe they are using the time (to Sept 15) to go through all the people who "applied" for FE upgrade and give earlier orders priority.

(attached is last email he sent to me)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders IMG_0002

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
yeah, sound ford

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well I'm out. Turns out this is just a highly deceptive marketing effort trying to bring in additional sales.

Hope they manage to bring in more sales then they lose.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This was sort of like watching a bunch of cats trying to chase and understand a laser pointer.

The difference is at least one cat actually caught something -- we think.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I might be inclined to chase after a FE myself if I could get one with the light gray interior instead of black...
Sponsored