JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I checked in with my dealer and he has not received anything from Ford yet on the FE order on my behalf - reading the above posts feels this is a hit or a miss - not what Ford should be doing now.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I might be inclined to chase after a FE myself if I could get one with the light gray interior instead of black...
My criteria for an FE are: available in infinite blue, different interior. Since those aren't available, if I have any burning desire to make the vehicle somewhat resemble the appearance of an FE, aftermarket products will be available.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
This "marketing" has renewed a lot of conversations/interest which is good for Ford. Even the trolls on Instagram that only know how to post "? ? ??????" are bringing attention to the Mach-E. ...and that's good.

I don't fault them for trying this. To me, it's no different than the MME 1400 killing tires.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
To me it seems fairly clear what is happening. Ford wants to schedule and build all North America First Editions and have a buyer matched to each vehicle. All signs point to that scenario. Last week they reached out to dealers asking them to contact the customers. This week they are trying it the other way around.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The "extra" First edition Mach-e. Found out today they was First edition models order to be made and go to different Advertising sectors. With Covid-19 and things being closed there is no need for them as this time. So instead of not making them for that sector. A few "not hundreds" of orders will be able to go from premium to first edition.

Don't know the exact number but i would say between 100 to 200.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The actual relationship here is Ford's customer is the dealership (retailer).
The dealer's customer is the end user (buyer/owner). We are not actually buying these cars from Ford. The final transaction is between the dealer and buyer/owner.

In the end, we have to communicate with the dealership. There is no way around this when it comes to legacy auto makers. Not until the laws are updated.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
The "extra" First edition Mach-e. Found out today they was First edition models order to be made and go to different Advertising sectors. With Covid-19 and things being closed there is no need for them as this time. So instead of not making them for that sector. A few "not hundreds" of orders will be able to go from premium to first edition.

Ahhh --- we finally receive the revelation of the source for these FE slots --- Advertising cars for different areas of the US and probably Canada.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Long-time lurker (and Premium reservation holder) but I registered to share my kind of hilarious experience trying to upgrade to an FE.

I called the number in the OP, and the woman who answered was very polite, very helpful, and instructed me to call my dealer. Similarly, my dealer contact said he hadn't heard about it, but would call me back after reaching out to their Ford representative. Later that afternoon, he calls me and says "don't shoot the messenger - they tell me these FEs are only for celebrities and influencers."

?

I call the main Ford number back, explain what my dealer told me, and the woman who answered found that answer as hilarious as I did. I didn't quite follow the reasoning, but she speculated that the Ford rep must have somehow interpreted the social media part of this promotion wrongly? Who knows. She DID assure me they would send an email "up the chain" and get this taken care of? Also kind of interesting - she mentioned that the system was meant for new orders and that they weren't expecting so many existing reservation holders to request conversions. But she seemed optimistic she could arrange it...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Mic drop on Mach Drop. Peace. Out.

Makes perfect sense.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also kind of interesting - she mentioned that the system was meant for new orders and that they weren't expecting so many existing reservation holders to request conversions.
That's the impression I got from the whole thing too -- that it was actually targeting new customers.

But how incredibly myopic to not think about how potentially hundreds (thousands?) of their existing reservation/order customers might feel from (a) being passed over with line cuts, and (b) would actually WANT an FE and the only reason we didn't order one in the first place is because they 'sold out' in 9 days.

I get that what they really want is MORE customers in total (thus prefer these go to new customers rather than just swaps), but they really took existing res/order customers for granted.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Somebody help me out here. I do not have interest in a First Edition (just a personal preference for a Premium--not questioning anyone else's preferences) but I have been following this "Mach Drop" thread. What I do not understand is why some of you appear to assume that new FE orders will "jump line" and move in front of those of us who already reserved and ordered. Am I missing something or is the line jump scenario just an inference some have made? If these new FE orders go to the end of the line, is there a reason we should care that more people are ordering a Mach-E?

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Somebody help me out here. I do not have interest in a First Edition (just a personal preference for a Premium--not questioning anyone else's preferences) but I have been following this "Mach Drop" thread. What I do not understand is why some of you appear to assume that new FE orders will "jump line" and move in front of those of us who already reserved and ordered. Am I missing something or is the line jump scenario just an inference some have made? If these new FE orders go to the end of the line, is there a reason we should care that more people are ordering a Mach-E?
So far, it's only an inference.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I think they are going to make these "200" regardless if they have a preorder for them or not. Even if they weren't going to make them, I won't notice the extra time it takes to get my MME because of 200 new orders that jumped in front of me.
I'll bet there are a few hundred friends and family members that got moved to the front of the line already. That's just how the world works.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What I do not understand is why some of you appear to assume that new FE orders will "jump line" and move in front of those of us who already reserved and ordered.
The assumption is that these are the ones (maybe ~200) that were the "unclaimed" FEs (reserved but never ordered). And that they're being made with the other US FEs in Oct-Nov. And that whoever these 200 go to will be getting them delivered in Nov-Dec just like the original res holders would have. Potentially months ahead of people that would have reserved an FE had they not "sold out" in the first 9 days.

For instance, I reserved in late Dec, well after FEs sold out. I ended up ordering a Premium AWD ER that I now estimate deliver around Feb. But had FEs still been available for Nov-Dec delivery, I would have ordered that instead.

That's the "passed over" effect I'm referring to -- that a brand new customer could place an order today for one of these FEs for deliver in 2020 when there's hundreds of people with reservation waiting 9-10 months now that would love an FE with 2020 delivery had they been given the opportunity to upgrade before brand new customers.
Sponsored