JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
After giving it a few days to calm down (calming myself down) I followed the second "clue" and left my name and number. Got an email saying I was selected and got a call back.

I didn't ask a lot of questions, but they asked if I already had a reservation, I said yes and gave them the dealer name. Now they said they will contact the dealer to get it setup.

Unprompted they said not to cancel my current reservation until the last minute. Seems they have been getting these questions and learned over the weekend.

Needless to say, I'm having serious reservations about this new reservation and by existing reservation.

Based on the conversation, these seems like it was guaranteed order, not a waitlist (provided my dealer accepts it).

Based on the conversations here it sure seems like a lot of people are converting, making me wonder if the will oversell available units or if they truly are making more.

Anyway, I have 3 scenarios:

1. Premium AWD ER reservation made right after the release last year
2. FE carbonized grey made today
3. Save my money and short TSLA...
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Can you remind me where Ford said that all FEs will be delivered before any others?
Unfortunately I dont have that detail - I only got interested in June - perhaps others who were tracking these details from day 1 can. I am only sharing what I have seen on this forum and general interpretation that one of the value of FE is that it is delivered first. Now its quite possible that the last few FEs and first few Premiums will be around the same time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Can you remind me where Ford said that all FEs will be delivered before any others?
It was all over the materials and interviews at the time of the release.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
From what I understand from media releases and reports on this forum from credible sources, the NORTH AMERICA First Editions will be assembled first. Possibly even before dealer demo cars. I say this because the dealer training material has a timeline for their demo vehicles and it indicates the demo vehicles will began assembly around the same time as the OKTB date for customer cars.

As best as I can tell from the bits and pieces found on this forum is that Adverting Dept First Editions are assembled first then immediately followed by North America First Editions. The customer cars wait for OKTB before shipment but I presume the Advertising cars could leave sooner.

Not too long ago, it was hinted that Premium models might sneak into the first OKTB group but that might have changed now that we know the Advertising Dept First Editions are now going to become customer cars.

My current suspicion is the first OKTB shipment is going to be all First Editions....for North America. Then dealer demos and customer cars in the next OKTB group. I happen to know that some dealers chose Select and RT1 models as their demos so they must be made then.

My guess is the EU/UK First Editions will be in the third OKTB group but I am just guessing. Ford has to recognize the MME's success is very dependent on the overseas market. We need them to drive the demand and get Ford motivated to build more EVs and bring new electric models to market.

The world needs this. Urgently.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So does that mean each production batch has an OKTB inspection phase it has to wait for?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So does that mean each production batch has an OKTB inspection phase it has to wait for?
I think so. Maybe a bit more streamlined but there has to be a QC process in place for each shipment. I would be curious what trutolife27 has to say about that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
From what I understand from media releases and reports on this forum from credible sources, the NORTH AMERICA First Editions will be assembled first. Possibly even before dealer demo cars. I say this because the dealer training material has a timeline for their demo vehicles and it indicates the demo vehicles will began assembly around the same time as the OKTB date for customer cars.

As best as I can tell from the bits and pieces found on this forum is that Adverting Dept First Editions are assembled first then immediately followed by North America First Editions. The customer cars wait for OKTB before shipment but I presume the Advertising cars could leave sooner.

Not too long ago, it was hinted that Premium models might sneak into the first OKTB group but that might have changed now that we know the Advertising Dept First Editions are now going to become customer cars.

My current suspicion is the first OKTB shipment is going to be all First Editions....for North America. Then dealer demos and customer cars in the next OKTB group. I happen to know that some dealers chose Select and RT1 models as their demos so they must be made then.

My guess is the EU/UK First Editions will be in the third OKTB group but I am just guessing. Ford has to recognize the MME's success is very dependent on the overseas market. We need them to drive the demand and get Ford motivated to build more EVs and bring new electric models to market.

The world needs this. Urgently.
New releases and other materials at release time made it clear that the First Editions would be the first ones delivered in both North America and EU/UK. The original plan was for NA and EU/UK to be released at the same time, thus both sets of FEs at the same time, followed by Premiums.

With the post-COVID revision, the same plan was identified with a staggered release of US in late 2020 and EU/UK in early/Spring 2021. Originally it appeared the NA FE then Premium would be released in late 2020 (November/December), with Select/CA Route 1 in early 2021. Ford then shifted the Select/CA Route 1 into late 2020. Whether the FCTP (demo) units deliver before FEs is still uncertain but probable.

We have much less intel on EU/UK timing. The earliest promise dates I've seen are late February. It's possible Ford will send demos and FEs over on an earlier ship than the rest of the first run of EU/UK MMEs but I wouldn't put money on that.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
When Ford named it the First Edition?

But in all seriousness, it was generally described at the time of launch as providing the first deliveries. For example, here is the very first article that popped up when I just Googled it:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...rst-edition-sold-out-price-msrp-reservations/
It describes the Premium as having many of the features of the FE, but “without the honor of coming first.“

Nobody’s said Ford ever stated that every single FE will be delivered first (for example, I expect EU deliveries of the FE will likely happen after Premiums are already in N.A.), but generally the expectation is that they will be first deliveries within the respective markets.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
New FE drop last night from Uncrate:

Connects you to
https://uncrate.com/mustang-mach-e-first-edition/

In a new twist, this time you "order" your Mach E FE from Uncrate:
https://uncrate.supply/pages/mustang-x-uncrate-supply
On another forum, this seems to work (at least sometimes) and they connect you with a Ford Concierge who should work out the order with your dealer. You still get to choose your color.
“I can’t believe there are 50,000 idiots dumb enough to spend $60,000 on a car that small. What’s the point?”
- Tesla Fan
Sponsored