agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Pushing back later orders has never been the issue, IMO. It's about ignoring reservation priority. They cut off FE reservations way back on November 26. Thousand since then might have wanted an FE for 2020 delivery but had to order a Premium for 2021 delivery instead. Now they're ignoring priority and just letting anyone line-cut. Not cool.

It would have been better if they just kept these extras secret and offered them to a handful of preferred dealers (which I suspect happens anyway). Publicly ignoring reservation priority like this is a bigger hit to their credibility/good will.

The right way to do this would have been to start a waitlist for the extra FEs when it became apparent they might have some. And only award upgrades by reservation priority (the reason reservation priority exists).
points taken and that seems more fair, but why not just put in a new FE order now and cancel the Premium order? Seems like any new FE order would be delivered sooner anyway. You still can order an FE today, whatever color you choose of the 3. What's different is the process. That said, no info on the delivery schedule for the newer vs original FE orders. They still say December at Ford's listed FE program number. I'm skeptical.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
points taken and that seems more fair, but why not just put in a new FE order now and cancel the Premium order? Seems like any new FE order would be delivered sooner anyway. You still can order a FE today. What's different is the process. That said, no info on the delivery schedule for the newer vs original FE orders. They still say December. I'm skeptical.
I fully expect all North American First Editions will be made together and delivered first. That has always been the plan. Based on everything we've heard, this is simply a promotion to sell as many First Editions as Ford can within the number they had always planned -- there won't be many of these "drop" cars. There is no reason to believe these will be a "second run" of first editions.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You still can order an FE today, whatever color you choose of the 3.
I've tried. Still no luck. But I did what they told us to do initially (requested to it through my dealer last Friday). Maybe I'll call them directly now and try again. They whole damn thing changes by the minute and everyone seems to get a different answer each time. It's such an F'd up mess of a campaign.

I've also been wavering based on new information that suggests first customer deliveries won't even happen until late-Dec. Which means even if I can order an FE now, it might spill over into 2021. My main reason for being interested in paying more for an FE upgrade is to get the vehicle in 2020 for an extra $1500 state tax credit. So I'm still a little torn (as well as a tad miffed at this whole unfairness of this botched "extra FEs" fiasco).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I've tried. Still no luck. But I did what they told us to do initially (requested to it through my dealer last Friday). Maybe I'll call them directly now and try again. They whole damn thing changes by the minute and everyone seems to get a different answer each time. It's such an F'd up mess of a campaign.

I've also been wavering based on new information that suggests first customer deliveries won't even happen until late-Dec. Which means even if I can order an FE now, it might spill over into 2021. My main reason for being interested in paying more for an FE upgrade is to get the vehicle in 2020 for an extra $1500 state tax credit. So I'm still a little torn (as well as a tad miffed at this whole unfairness of this botched "extra FEs" fiasco).
In the same boat - I tried both drops but process seems to be stuck with dealer saying he has not received anything and Ford Promotion saying they sent info to dealer - if i contact the dealer one more time i think he will avoid my calls :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
New releases and other materials at release time made it clear that the First Editions would be the first ones delivered in both North America and EU/UK. The original plan was for NA and EU/UK to be released at the same time, thus both sets of FEs at the same time, followed by Premiums.

With the post-COVID revision, the same plan was identified with a staggered release of US in late 2020 and EU/UK in early/Spring 2021. Originally it appeared the NA FE then Premium would be released in late 2020 (November/December), with Select/CA Route 1 in early 2021. Ford then shifted the Select/CA Route 1 into late 2020. Whether the FCTP (demo) units deliver before FEs is still uncertain but probable.

We have much less intel on EU/UK timing. The earliest promise dates I've seen are late February. It's possible Ford will send demos and FEs over on an earlier ship than the rest of the first run of EU/UK MMEs but I wouldn't put money on that.
Excellent summary. Thanks!
Take this with a grain of salt of course......my dealer believes the First Editions destined for his customers will arrive before his one demo vehicle.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I've tried. Still no luck. But I did what they told us to do initially (requested to it through my .
call 844-802-6634 till they answer. tell them you left a message and no return call, and then mention the instagram promo. You have to go this route to get the dealer contacted properly. All I can tell you is this worked for me yesterday, and I have now one on order and have paid the $500 deposit.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I wished they offered Star white for FE's. I would get one but alas I have to wait Premium.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So....not sure if this helps anyone (or if it evened helped me lol). Yesterday afternoon I called the number floating around online. A nice lady (Samantha I think) answered on the second ring (Answered with "Ford Promotions"). I explained I have an order in for a premium and I'd like to switch the order to a FE. I told her I had tried at my local dealer but had no luck. First thing she asked was how did I "hear" about the FE? When I said the #MachDrop promotion, she breathed a sigh of relief. She wanted to make sure I wasn't just calling out of the blue, and that I got the information from the promotion. She added that the reason why the dealer didn't know about any extra allocations was because this was a Ford Promotion, separate from the dealers. She asked me what color I wanted (I'm going with the Carbonized Grey). She then looked my dealer up on her system and asked who my point of contact was. She said the next thing that would happen is SHE would reach out to that POC and tell him that I've now placed a reservation for a FE, and that he needed to reach out to me to get further information. The dealer will then submit a buy order back to her (Ford), which will solidify the order. She also noted that after that, I should cancel my Premium order with that dealer, as I'll be getting the FE. I can't remember the context, but she said that Ford figured out that 95% of the people calling in were current reservation holders, and that if Ford didn't allow people to have their deposits back, they weren't going to sell any cars (again, sorry....I can't remember what we were talking about at that time). I did ask if these FEs were going to be delivered before the end of the year, and she said they are currently on track to be delivered by the end of December (she probably doesn't know). So, now I wait for my dealer to get in touch with me. She told me to give it a couple of days, then reach out to him if he doesn't contact me first. Overall, it was a great experience. She was super friendly and helpful. I think if I didn't mention "Twitter" or "#MachDrop", she would have hung up on me though. I'll post an update once (if) I hear back from my dealer. If not...hey, I'll still be the proud owner of a Premium FE.
QUICK FOLLOW-UP: Heard from my dealer. He confirmed with the Ford Promotions Dept that he just needed to submit a buyer’s order. He asked what color I wanted, seat preference, and my order ID. Apparently, my premium order will be transferred over to a FE. I did NOT have to pay another deposit. He emailed the buyer’s order to Ford and Cc’d me (I have a copy of the order now). He said the dealership (Springfield VA) is getting a car in November to show. Not sure if you’ll be able to Test Drive it though. SO...all signs point to me driving a First Edition in December. I’ll add that this dealer ya been really nice and accommodating all my questions.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Adding to the chorus of people who seem to be getting results today...after days of being persistent (lots of calls and emails) I just signed a purchase agreement for a new FE that is being sent to Program HQ as we speak. Happy with the result as I missed out on the color I originally wanted when I was able to actually place an initial reservation. I will say, both on the Program side and the dealership side, both of them have been great to work with, it was just hard to get them connected.

I think the failure of this promotion lies with the marketing big wigs who did an absolutely terrible job of communicating with dealerships who they knew would be getting the bulk of the calls. Definitely not fully planned out.

Hopefully there are no more speed bumps before my car arrives ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Adding to the chorus of people who seem to be getting results today...after days of being persistent (lots of calls and emails) I just signed a purchase agreement for a new FE that is being sent to Program HQ as we speak.
Who knew trying to hand over sixty thousand dollars to buy a car would be made so difficult for us. ?

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
Just got off the phone w my dealer. I made my premium order through him weeks ago, converting a res into an order. I texted him all this stuff about the FE Drop, because I really would like Grabber Blue. After days went by, and him texting me some quoted texts from his contact, today he says there are no FE’s available to switch into for folks like me with a premium order in place. I’m pretty confused as to how there are so many varying experiences described in this thread. I’m going to keep pursuing this, but at least I know I have an Infinite blue Premium coming if I can’t find an FE. (Sure wish I knew what Infinite Blue actually looks like—and Id also like to know what Grabber Blue Metallic looks like; grabber blue cars that are out there are not metallic. )

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I didn't see this posted yet, so here it is in case you're interested:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Screenshot_20200826-183449~2
Wow. That’s really clear. Either it didn’t get to dealers before the drops or lots of dealers weren’t paying attention.