Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
People have a reasonable expectation that Ford would have established a proper procedure to gather appropriate information from those expressing interest in suddenly available FEs. They have ever right to expect that Fords dealers would have been aware of how the orders are to be placed, that follow ups would be conducted with dealers before the ad campaign launched and that Ford’s concierge service personnel would know exactly how to deal with the program.

They didn’t do al of the above or they failed to recognize a fatal flaw in the system they concocted for the as campaign.tgry also seriously underestimated the number of people with orders who desired an FE.

The failure is not a good reflection on this campaign or those tasked with supporting it. In the end #machdrop will probably be something of a wash, any genuinely new customers are likely to be balanced by those who are so disappointed with their treatment that they cancel existing orders.

And we have people belittling those who are rightfully annoyed? Or quoting bible verses? Really people? It’s a major expenditure of more than $60,000 after taxes for most FE buyers. That’s not from disposable income. It’s a planned purchase. Buyers have the right to expect to be treated a bit better in the #machdrop experience.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
And we have people belittling those who are rightfully annoyed? Or quoting bible verses? Really people? It’s a major expenditure of more than $60,000 after taxes for most FE buyers. That’s not from disposable income. It’s a planned purchase. Buyers have the right to expect to be treated a bit better in the #machdrop experience.
To summarize the situation:
Ford gave terms last year back in November. They have been trying to keep those terms as best as reasonably possible with Covid pandemic. All is happy with those having a reservation and order, even if the missed the deadline to reserve a FE. Without changing the terms of those that have a reservation and order in place, Ford decides to make some FE that were canceled available. Several are annoyed and jealous that Ford decides to make those available to new customers, and would prefer that the canceled vehicles were never offered to anyone if they couldn't have them.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
and would prefer that the canceled vehicles were never offered to anyone if they couldn't have them.
WRONG.

Corrected: "...and would prefer they simply offer them first to the people that reserved vehicles and were told that there were no longer FEs left".

It's really simple. All they had to do was start a waitlist when it started to look like they would have some leftover FEs (after telling people on Nov 26 that they had to reserve something else). Then simply award upgrades to those on the waitlist according to reservation priority. That's why there was a reservation system in the first place - to determine who gets priority. Otherwise don't even bother with a reservation system at all.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Sorry, trutolife27 but this is definitely Ford playing games. If customers perceive it as game-playing, then it is game playing! I personally am not interested in a FE but am happy for the forum folks who failed to reserve one initially but are now able to get one. I am, however, disappointed in the way Ford is handling this. I understand this silly move was not the fault of those who designed a beautiful car but the company is reflecting badly on those Ford employees, on the company, and on the car itself by spending more time playing games like this rather than spending time disseminating official information about the car. I am a business school professor (I know--big whoop). Had a team of my undergraduates submitted this plan, I would have given them a C- at best. I understand that some of my colleagues may feel differently. What is missing here, however, (and what could make me reconsider the C- grade) is the set of goals the marketing team was given that then came up with this initiative to address those goals. If the goal was to distract customers, their grade just went up because that is what they have done. If the goal was to develop a loyal customer base, it would appear their grade should go down. Whether you think this game was a stroke of genius or just stupid, it cannot be classified as anything else but a game. Come on, they even specify that the game has "clues." As many on this forum have suggested, it would have been simple to just offer the FEs to those with the earliest reservations. If they chose to not act within a reasonable time, maybe move on to the next set of reservation holders. It even would have been preferable to just offer the cars to dealerships--if we are to believe the hype, they should have no trouble selling them.
Hmmm ford playing games.... What do I see. I see 25 pages in this forum people talking about. I see dealers getting called left and right with people trying to get FF. I see it all over twitter the news just about everywhere.

Looks like to me ford knew exactly what they was doing. The hunger for this Mache and the bronco are on a whole different level. As far as the customer base. When the Mache does come out very soon. If its worth the hype like it's suppose to be. I don't think ford will have to worry about a few people with their panties in a bunch over not getting a FF.

To many will be placing orders for the GT by then. Ford already knows they have a diamond in the ruff. Ford took a chance on this before many other manufactures. If it pays off "like it looks it will". Ford then will be ahead of the competition.

They have a big jump on everyone else. There are limited number of special editions vehicles from manufacturers all the time. IF someone wanted a Mache first edition so bad, guess that person should of been on the ball and got a order in at the start.

You want something you earn it, work hard for it, and go get it. Not trying to be mean and not calling out a single person. Man ford offers some people chance AGAIN to get a FF and people still crying foul.

No orders will be put on the back burner. your Mache is coming.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders 1598510122082

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Does that include forum members who are selling a kidney to pay for the car?
Wait, who Isn't? Why am I just finding this out now?

On a related note, my bathtub ice is starting to melt. Can someone help a guy out?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmmm ford playing games.... What do I see. I see 25 pages in this forum people talking about. I see dealers getting called left and right with people trying to get FF. I see it all over twitter the news just about everywhere. Looks like to me ford knew exactly what they was doing.
So in other words, the plan was to piss off a bunch of existing customers already in line by letting new customers cut in line at the last minute, and they did it purposely to generate more buzz for the product??

Well, isn't that wonderful.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
So in other words, the plan was to piss off a bunch of existing customers already in line by letting new customers cut in line at the last minute, and they did it purposely to generate more buzz for the product??

Was more like trade places with someone in line. (Almost the same thing, except the line doesn't get larger). I think we can all admit it could of been handled better, but a bit of an over reaction from some, and certainly beats the likely alternative of huge ADM on FE models if Ford just let the market decide.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I expect executives with poor understanding of social media were sold on yet another ill-formed new idea from their promotions department. What I'm sure was a plan to generate new sales turned into a free-for-all among Premium holders wanting to convert. While ill-conceived, and poorly-executed, I am confident it was not done with poor intentions.

Should they have first opened up these opportunities to existing reservation-holders? Sure. Especially since folks have been asking for months to do this. They've handled this poorly and pissed off their base -- never a good move for a company. Even worse for a company working to rebuild lost stature.

Take a deep breath and relax. If you really want to get an FE, play the promotions game. If not, let's go back to patience. Production is coming soon.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Was more like trade places with someone in line. (Almost the same thing, except the line doesn't get larger).
That doesn't make it any better though.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope you're being sarcastic.
No, I was summarizing trutolife27's description of the situation when he said Ford knew exactly what they were doing by getting people (like us) talking so much about this machdrop. We're talking so much about it now because of how they ignored reservation priority and let people line-cut. (Before he then mocked us with his Pokemon post.)

I agree with you -- I don't think they knew exactly what they were doing. I also think it was ill-conceived and poorly-executed. And myopic (with no regard to how existing reservation holders waiting in line for 9 months would feel about letting new customer cut in line and get a Mach-E delivered in December while they still have to wait until sometime in 2021).

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I fully expect all North American First Editions will be made together and delivered first. That has always been the plan. Based on everything we've heard, this is simply a promotion to sell as many First Editions as Ford can within the number they had always planned -- there won't be many of these "drop" cars. There is no reason to believe these will be a "second run" of first editions.

No, I was summarizing trutolife27's description of the situation when he said Ford knew exactly what they were doing by getting people (like us) talking so much about this machdrop. We're talking so much about it now because of how they ignored reservation priority and let people line-cut. (Before he then mocked us with his Pokemon post.)

I agree with you -- I don't think they knew exactly what they were doing. I also think it was ill-conceived and poorly-executed. And myopic (with no regard to how existing reservation holders waiting in line for 9 months would feel about letting new customer cut in line and get a Mach-E delivered in December while they still have to wait until sometime in 2021).

Unless you have info otherwise, wouldn't it be fair to assume all the new FE orders go to the back of the line?

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My dealer told me they placed the order for my FE. A call to the 844-802-6634 number confirmed it being place but, no word (email, twitter ,etc) from Ford. I was told that the Premier I had was between me and the dealer (dealer is absorbing.). Also told that FE re-assignment would END August 31st and that ALL FE orders would be placed for production September 1.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Sigh. Heard back again from my dealer who said he is still being told this is for celebs and influencers, even though whomever I talked to at HQ effectively said since I called on day 1, I would be able to place my order soon for an FE. I was really starting to get attached to the idea of Grabber Blue too.

At the end of the day, I still have my Premium order - I don't NEED it this year, so no loss. Still kind of annoying though - would certainly like some positive news for 2020...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
wouldn't it be fair to assume all the new FE orders go to the back of the line?
That's certainly a big question. Most of the clues and inside reports suggest no though, that these are all or mostly unclaimed FEs that were being built with the other FEs.

And presumably they wouldn't just sit them on the lot for 5 months waiting their delivery turn.

But it is yet one more frustratingly unclear issue.
Sponsored