First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Update:
I called the Mach Drop number once more, and talked to Julie again. She called the dealer again and also the general manager, and left detailed info on voice mails on how to do this. Lo and behold, I received an email from the GM with the buyer agreement to sign and return! My squeaky wheel action worked and I am a step closer to getting the FE now. My blood pressure has returned to normal again...

Julie gave me a lot of info on the Mach Drop situation, and it was as others here have described. One thing I did not understand is there are 3 separate drops, first Instagram, then Uncrate, then Spotify starts tomorrow.

I got this back just now from the dealer:

I have forwarded the purchase agreement to Julie in the MachDrop department. I will let you know if anything else is needed or if I receive any further communication. I know that they want to get all the upgrade requests completed by the first of September and they hope to open the order bank in mid-September. ?:cool:?
Great it worked out finally -

I think the MachDrop department is doing what they need to do i.e., forward info to dealers but dealers not really paying attention is the issue. The danger is if we are stuck with a bad dealer we may end up losing the opportunity to get one of these even if we started with drop 1 . I am actually not sure if these Drops will lead to 100% booking of what ever number of cars they want to book. If the dedicated interested folks at this forum are struggling, I dont know how many brand new customers will actually put up with or stick with nagging the dealers.
Sponsored

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
QUICK FOLLOW-UP: Heard from my dealer. He confirmed with the Ford Promotions Dept that he just needed to submit a buyer’s order. He asked what color I wanted, seat preference, and my order ID. Apparently, my premium order will be transferred over to a FE. I did NOT have to pay another deposit. He emailed the buyer’s order to Ford and Cc’d me (I have a copy of the order now). He said the dealership (Springfield VA) is getting a car in November to show. Not sure if you’ll be able to Test Drive it though. SO...all signs point to me driving a First Edition in December. I’ll add that this dealer ya been really nice and accommodating all my questions.
Hey, what seat preference is available for FE?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey, what seat preference is available for FE?
I think this is a classic case of a dealer being poorly informed. As far as I know all FE interiors are black but come with contrasting stitching dependent on the body color chosen: blue for Grabber Blue and red for Rapid Red and Carbonized Gray.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So you are one of the troublemakers that caused all this mayhem and angst! ?
But seriously, thanks. Maybe your cancellation let me get my FE.
Wife decided she had to have the white interior and I said, 'It's okay, you're going to have Red Brake calipers!'. She was less than impressed!

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I specifically asked my dealer if I needed to sign anything like a purchase agreement and he specifically said NO I was all set.

Can someone please forward me a redacted new "MachDrop" purchase agreement? I would appreciate it.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I specifically asked my dealer if I needed to sign anything like a purchase agreement and he specifically said NO I was all set.

Can someone please forward me a redacted new "MachDrop" purchase agreement? I would appreciate it.
As far as I have seen from myself and others, there is no standard purchase agreement. As far as I can tell they just want something signed indicating your desire to buy (likely trying to avoid last minute cancels). Mine was all zeroed out with just the vehicle description and color, signed by me and the dealer. I've seen it show more details including pricing, but mine didn't have it.

I think it's analogous to the "are you a robot" button online sometimes, they want to make sure they are getting serious buyers.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Disclaimer, I know this is a first-world problem, that I want a different $60K car sooner than later.

But I feel like I am going insane. After the dealer called me, I called Susan again at program HQ, and she seemed legitimately pissed that the dealer wouldn't agree to place an order for the FE on my behalf. She even called their sales manager and left a message, telling me to call her back in the AM if they didn't respond and we'd talk about even switching dealers.

Later this evening, sales manager calls back and says the same thing! Only for celebrities and influencers! And that there are no more FEs for order outside of the original run! He even sends me a screenshot (attached) of the Mach Drop program, and it says...to do exactly what I am doing to order an FE??? I point this out and so far he hasn't responded.

Never expected that I would have so much trouble getting a company to take my money...

IMG_20200827_213850~2.jpg

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Disclaimer, I know this is a first-world problem, that I want a different $60K car sooner than later.

But I feel like I am going insane. After the dealer called me, I called Susan again at program HQ, and she seemed legitimately pissed that the dealer wouldn't agree to place an order for the FE on my behalf. She even called their sales manager and left a message, telling me to call her back in the AM if they didn't respond and we'd talk about even switching dealers.

Later this evening, sales manager calls back and says the same thing! Only for celebrities and influencers! And that there are no more FEs for order outside of the original run! He even sends me a screenshot (attached) of the Mach Drop program, and it says...to do exactly what I am doing to order an FE??? I point this out and so far he hasn't responded.

Never expected that I would have so much trouble getting a company to take my money...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders IMG_20200827_213850~2
Can you find another dealer nearby?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders IMG_20200827_213850~2
Did you tell them you are a celebrity? Try the, "do you know who I am?" line?

Sorry for your luck.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

The last few sentences are quite interesting. Looks like a waitlist for unclaimed First Editions.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
says the same thing! Only for celebrities and influencers!
Your dealer misunderstood the info sheet. Tell him that it says that you go to a celeb or influencer to GET the car FROM them, not to SELL the car TO them.
Sponsored