JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Or maybe they scramble to try to bump up the # of FEs to produce if the supply logistics can be arranged.
'
That I am not sure of unless its like an increase of 10 or 20 i.e., very small number - the more they make here the less time they would have to get on with their biggest pool - the Premiums
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Depending on how many upgraded, to a FE through these Drops, it would nice if Ford had a way to not make the Premium orders that were upgraded and move on to next real order - otherwise they would just be making more dealer cars than real customer cars.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
'
That I am not sure of unless its like an increase of 10 or 20 i.e., very small number - the more they make here the less time they would have to get on with their biggest pool - the Premiums
True, but if they're just swaps anyway, not sure that would stop them.

But I agree they probably couldn't handle too many without screwing up the whole schedule.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Unless the goal of the advertising campaign was to confuse dealers, befuddle and anger some customers, and generally make the system fail, I’d say the whole machdrop has pretty much backfired.

I’ll just keep my infinite blue Premium and see if they can deliver it before I find something better to do with $60,000+ .

Good luck to those still trying.
In reality, by the time my Premium is built, we will likely have VW ID4 at least as a realistic option to consider with similar range and price

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
'
They can’t win. Marketing let the rest of the company down on this. Sarcasm aside (from my post a few up from this), they were trying to create some buzz. Run an ad or 7. Use the new remix, do something. Then just build as scheduled (whatever they may actually be) and send the extra Fe’s to dealers to sell. This really was just not quite right.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In reality, by the time my Premium is built, we will likely have VW ID4 at least as a realistic option to consider with similar range and price
If for any reason the MME doesn’t work out for me, I’ll just keep the money in the figurative bank. I don’t need the car. Neither VW nor Volvo nor anybody else will get it from me. I’ll be disappointed for a bit, but that’s it. And there will be no 2022 MME for me instead.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I specifically asked my dealer if I needed to sign anything like a purchase agreement and he specifically said NO I was all set.

Can someone please forward me a redacted new "MachDrop" purchase agreement? I would appreciate it.
Don’t have a redacted purchase agreement. I can say that what I got was a standard bill of sale that I recognize from anytime I buy a car with everything filled in “N/A” except for my contact info, dealership info, and Mustang Mach-e with the specified color. I was told specifically it has to be signed. I even had to initial some terms and conditions.

This morning (8/27) I called the Mach drop number, spoke to Susan, and she told me I was all set with a guaranteed order. I would recommend you do the same just to confirm the dealership got you squared away...trust me Susan is not standing for any more dealership BS and will get you taken care of.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I also would recommend that you try to talk to the dealer's general manager or at least sales manager, instead of a "salesman" if you want to get it right.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Disclaimer, I know this is a first-world problem, that I want a different $60K car sooner than later.

But I feel like I am going insane. After the dealer called me, I called Susan again at program HQ, and she seemed legitimately pissed that the dealer wouldn't agree to place an order for the FE on my behalf. She even called their sales manager and left a message, telling me to call her back in the AM if they didn't respond and we'd talk about even switching dealers.

Later this evening, sales manager calls back and says the same thing! Only for celebrities and influencers! And that there are no more FEs for order outside of the original run! He even sends me a screenshot (attached) of the Mach Drop program, and it says...to do exactly what I am doing to order an FE??? I point this out and so far he hasn't responded.

Never expected that I would have so much trouble getting a company to take my money...

IMG_20200827_213850~2.jpg
Run, don't walk, to another dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's the exact passage my dealer forwarded to me after he checked with his district sales manager. He submitted my name and info to that email address last Friday. Heard back zilch since.

I emailed them yesterday for an update. Again, nothing.
Don't email. Call and ask to speak with the GM.

Better yet, do the same thing with another dealer at the same time. Then tell them both.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you want the RWD-only ID.4. VW has stated it will be a while before the AWD version gets to the US.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't email. Call and ask to speak with the GM.

Better yet, do the same thing with another dealer at the same time. Then tell them both.
I am dealing with the GM. He's not the problem, as he responds promptly as soon as he gets anything. There's zilch from Ford going through the instructions they explicitly laid out.

But since they're ignoring their own instructions, I'm gonna have to become a "squeaky wheel" to call Ford and complain if I decide to pursue it today. Still not sure I want to fight that battle though. Some people have gotten lucky, while many are reporting a frustrating mess. I'm close to just saying f-ck it and just wait for my Premium already nicely secured on order. I really don't need the car anyway. The extra $1500 in tax credit would be a bonus if I can get FE delivery in 2020, but even that's a big question mark.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They can’t win. Marketing let the rest of the company down on this. Sarcasm aside (from my post a few up from this), they were trying to create some buzz. Run an ad or 7. Use the new remix, do something. Then just build as scheduled (whatever they may actually be) and send the extra Fe’s to dealers to sell. This really was just not quite right.
Fortunately for Ford, their communication has been so terrible that most MME res/order holders don't even know about this machdrop fiasco. They'll just get the car they ordered without even knowing about this mess.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The other reason I'm still only half-in on whether to try and snag one of these extra FEs is the usual concern over buying one of the first off the line of a brand new model. And by some reports, many of these extras are actually in the build queue before the regular FEs. Supposedly many are the first-build units that were intended for auto shows and other marketing purposes. Could literally be in the first 100 production units, from the sounds of it.

That makes me a little nervous about potential nagging issues.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The other reason I'm still only half-in on whether to try and snag one of these extra FEs is the usual concern over buying one of the first off the line of a brand new model. And by some reports, many of these extras are actually in the build queue before the regular FEs. Supposedly many are the first-build units that were intended for auto shows and other marketing purposes. Could literally be in the first 100 production units, from the sounds of it.

That makes me a little nervous about potential nagging issues.
I agree, but if it's any consolation, even if you assume there will be first run issues, I think we can be certain that it will still be 1000 times better fit and finish than the model Y's coming out of the factory, with better support from Ford. Yeah, pretty low base line, but still relevant.
Sponsored