Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Tim - I had the same exact situation and also have an "email" order in place. The unknown at this point is that I still have a Premium order in place and I am very reluctant to cancel until I am absolutely sure the FE order will in fact happen. This is something I will have to work out with my dealer. I have a fully refundable deposit in place for the Premium and my dealer has not asked for a separate deposit for the FE. Susan (Ford) has verbally told me the FE order is for sure, but until I have written confirmation or until it shows up on my Ford App, I will not cancel the Premium. I don't want to end up with neither . . . .
We are all in the same boat, except for the FE reservist having to place a deposit like we did for our Premiums. They got an order copy. I just asked my dealer for a copy of the order. Have not heard back yet.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I did bring up the point that there's gonna be some upset reservation holders when they find out new buyers were able to cut in line now and snag an FE after thousands were told back in November they were sold out and they had to order something else. She agreed that this was not well thought-out and a bit of a mess (paraphrasing).
If the reservation holders are upset, then it stands to reason they know about this drop, and they can get one. So they are upset needlessly. It's moot.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I think it was in one of the trutlife27 posts. Although maybe I just interpreted it wrong. They can be tricky to interpret. ?
yes, ford already planned on making this First edition to be sent to the advertising market. Parts were already there. The whole advertising Mache drop is a PR deal. As we can tell not to many people like it.

I seem to remember people standing outside for hours or days to buy, new phone coming out, gaming system, black Friday shopping, sporting or concert tickets.

This mache drop is more simple than trying to get concert tickets. How many different ways do they screw the consumer? As long as there is a (demand) for the item for sale. Companies can play advertising games.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Has anyone switched from a reservation for a GT to a FE? I am debating if I want to wait that long for the GT.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Has anyone switched from a reservation for a GT to a FE? I am debating if I want to wait that long for the GT.
I presume you can try for an FE without giving up your GT reservation.

My concern about waiting for the GT is the federal credit may be gone by that time.

The Escape PHEV qualifies for $6500 in potential federal credits so the Mach E will get the customers to consider an EV but many will have range anxiety and choose the Escape PHEV instead. Once Ford starts selling those models....the federal tax credit could wind down quicker than we expect.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind as a possibility.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Tim - I had the same exact situation and also have an "email" order in place. The unknown at this point is that I still have a Premium order in place and I am very reluctant to cancel until I am absolutely sure the FE order will in fact happen. This is something I will have to work out with my dealer. I have a fully refundable deposit in place for the Premium and my dealer has not asked for a separate deposit for the FE. Susan (Ford) has verbally told me the FE order is for sure, but until I have written confirmation or until it shows up on my Ford App, I will not cancel the Premium. I don't want to end up with neither . . . .
I too have the premium reservation still in place - I am not going to cancel it. When I cancel it the dealer gets it anyway so he is fine. Just received an update from the dealer that they sent the order to Ford for the FE and Ford acknowledged it (it s a simple " here is the order info enclosed " from the dealer and a Thanks from Ford). Will wait and see what happens next.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just see if you can squeeze in an FE order before the due date - if you dont want it no harm as long as the dealer returns the deposit.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag

My concern about waiting for the GT is the federal credit may be gone by that time.

The Escape PHEV qualifies for $6500 in potential federal credits so the Mach E will get the customers to consider an EV but many will have range anxiety and choose the Escape PHEV instead. Once Ford starts selling those models....the federal tax credit could wind down quicker than we expect.

My Ford dealer is switching my reservation to a FE in Grabber Blue. I signed paperwork with the dealership. They knew about the Mach Drop and said I was the third one for them to process.

They delay was most concerning to me. Between the tax credit possibly decreasing and lawsuits between the battery companies, I thought it was better to pick one up early.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

Much on that elsewhere on this forum but, no, I don’t see how ‘21 GTs are realistically under any threat to not have the full tax credit.

However, I agree in your response that there should be no harm in pursuing the FE without giving up the GT reservation yet.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Once a manufacturer hits the 200,000 sales mark for qualifying vehicles the $7,500 tax credit is phased out, it does not end immediately. During the second calendar quarter after the quarter in which the 200K mark is reached the tax credit drops by 50% (to $3750 for the MME). 6 months later it drops to 25% ($1875).

Short version: 1 year after the 200K mark before the tax credit completely vanishes.

My gut feeling (and that might be the Portuguese Sausage I had with breakfast doing the talking), is that everyone who buys an MME in the 2021 model year is golden for tax credits. I've been known to be wrong though.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If the reservation holders are upset, then it stands to reason they know about this drop, and they can get one. So they are upset needlessly. It's moot.
I was thinking more about people finding about it when it's too late (which from the sounds of it is after next Monday).

Like for instance, when people that get FEs in late December start bragging "Boy, I'm sure glad I ordered one of these in August during that special skip-the-line #machdrop deal!" when people still waiting until April 2021 for their 2nd choice say "Whoa, WTF?!?!?".

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My gut feeling (and that might be the Portuguese Sausage I had with breakfast doing the talking), is that everyone who buys an MME in the 2021 model year is golden for tax credits. I've been known to be wrong though.
My estimate is that it'll be good thru at least 2Q2022. Maybe longer now that the F-150 EV is pushing back further than earlier expected.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I wished they offered Star white for FE's. I would get one but alas I have to wait Premium.
I completely agree on Star White.

I was able to secure a MachDrop FE last Friday through working with PHQ and my dealer. I selected Carbonized Gray. Frankly, I'm still a little unresolved in my decision to change from a Premium to an FE as I really like the look of Star White with Light Space Gray interior. However, what I also really like about the FE is body-color mirror caps & wheel lip moldings and the red brake calipers... and the assumed delivery timing. If only I could have the FE features in Star White with Light Space Gray, then life would be grand. LOL

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I seem to remember people standing outside for hours or days to buy, new phone coming out, gaming system, black Friday shopping, sporting or concert tickets.
I remember people standing in line all day at Tesla dealers to reserve a Model 3 the day they were first released. Promotions like these are often crazy.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was thinking more about people finding about it when it's too late (which from the sounds of it is after next Monday).

Like for instance, when people that get FEs in late December start bragging "Boy, I'm sure glad I ordered one of these in August during that special skip-the-line #machdrop deal!" when people still waiting until April 2021 for their 2nd choice say "Whoa, WTF?!?!?".
FOMO
Sponsored