Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So now that the dealer drop orders are in, when do you think the next time we hear any update about them will be? I'm guessing when they hit the dealers lot, and not a peep prior.
If we're lucky they'll start giving us useful information about actual mi/kwh efficiency, actual acceleration, true demos of the sync4a, etc. Or they'll continue to put out cutesy snippets that tell you nothing.

hmmm...
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So now that the dealer drop orders are in, when do you think the next time we hear any update about them will be? I'm guessing when they hit the dealers lot, and not a peep prior.
Well they have until 9/15 to complete any final "drops" so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until then, unless they possibly send some communication as they enter the drops into the system (but that would only go to those who reserved one).

After that, probably 9/21 some people will get notification of scheduling to build. Then I'd say each week more people will get notified of scheduling to build.

Then, on your build week, people who likely get another notification.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Well they have until 9/15 to complete any final "drops" so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until then, unless they possibly send some communication as they enter the drops into the system (but that would only go to those who reserved one).

After that, probably 9/21 some people will get notification of scheduling to build. Then I'd say each week more people will get notified of scheduling to build.

Then, on your build week, people who likely get another notification.
I doubt many drop csutomers will hear this info from their dealers without annoying prompting from the customer. The normal pre-orders probably (maybe) will get notifications directly here and there and that may be our best info. Personally, I'll pester the delaer till I have a VIN number at which point it is sometimes possible to follow the status of the shipment via rail, etc.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I doubt many drop csutomers will hear this info from their dealers without annoying prompting from the customer. The normal pre-orders probably (maybe) will get notifications directly here and there and that may be our best info. Personally, I'll pester the delaer till I have a VIN number at which point it is sometimes possible to follow the status of the shipment via rail, etc.
This is a big unknown, but I do believe after the drop is complete, someone from marketing is going into the dealer ordering system to manually order the vehicles (perhaps an improvement over expecting each dealer to properly order them). The dealer will be advised of the order assignment so, they SHOULD be able to let us know. However, the promotion required a sales order and is linked to an email, so I wouldn't be surprised if upon entering into their system, they send confirmation to us.

We will have to wait and see.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It's too bad the drop orders don't go in to the "my orders" section on the Ford web site with the other online orders.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That would be very sad, but not surprising. Ford has been very non-communitative with reservist and now orderers. And, word of mouth does not always placate the nervous and uninformed. SAD!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's too bad the drop orders don't go in to the "my orders" section on the Ford web site with the other online orders.
I've heard conflicting info on this.

One response is, they aren't there yet since they aren't officially in the system, implying they will be added soon.

Another response is, they will never be added.

I'm leaning towards the first response, but I wouldn't put too much money on it.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I've heard conflicting info on this.

One response is, they aren't there yet since they aren't officially in the system, implying they will be added soon.

Another response is, they will never be added.

I'm leaning towards the first response, but I wouldn't put too much money on it.
I seem to remember that Julie said they would be adding these orders to the webdo system on 9/18, then the dealers would be able see them there.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Julie told me they would not be added. That they are totally separate orders and will be handled as typical "dealer orders". we'll see. But so far it's not like the online order site has been filled with any useful info anyway. Still, it is nice to see it there looking official.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well, today is the final #machdrop drop dead for conversions. Now to await the mid-month deadline for dealer submissions and hopefully some feedback. Still awaiting any update on my order page.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I am becoming more and more convinced that I will not see the FE that my dealer ordered in the "My Reservations" and neither will those who did the MachDrop promotion. I have been bugging the dealer weekly and they are getting nothing from Ford about it.

Real bummer as I was hoping to track my car through that owner site from scheduled production to delivery. Just really disappointing how Ford can't hook these systems up digitally.

I will keep checking though just in case.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Julie told me they would not be added. That they are totally separate orders and will be handled as typical "dealer orders". we'll see. But so far it's not like the online order site has been filled with any useful info anyway. Still, it is nice to see it there looking official.
My understanding was that they would NOT be added to the online ordering system, but they WOULD be added to Webdo, which is their legacy system for ordering, is it not?

My dealer said in his last email:

I know that they want to get all the upgrade requests completed by the first of September and they hope to open the order bank in mid-September. This will allow us to select the color, options, and any accessories. Once the order is submitted, Ford will begin selecting orders for scheduling, and when your number comes up, they will schedule the vehicle with a build date and a VIN. I will keep you informed along the way.

Is the order bank he mentions Webdo? I thought Ford was entering the orders based on our input to the machdrop, but here it sounds like he would at that time be able to place the order.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
When I ordered the "drop" FE with the dealer, I had to select color, options, accessories already. In fact I had to choose the color at the "Julie" level first. Maybe the drop dead "change" date is mid Sept.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had email the EVTeam Friday after my dealer sent them a buyers order that the EVTeam told me was needed (although they didn't tell the dealer that so there's some question). Anyway, I asked them to confirm they got the buyers order, just to be sure. Got back this reply that doesn't really address that but does reinforce a few other items...

Thank you for your response – good to hear that Julie was able to help you out. Your dealer should be able to confirm with you when they see the order in the dealer order bank. This should occur in the second half of September. Feel free to follow up with us again if your dealer does not see an order by the end of September. The dealer should know how the First Edition is coded in the order bank but if they have trouble finding it, they can email us and we will help them out.

Seems to confirm that Ford will be loading these orders into the order bank (WEBDO, I assume). Probably have to start prodding the dealer in 3-4 weeks to make sure it's there and correct. A little frustrating just having to trust that everything is correct in this "outside the system" workaround they slapped together for Machdrop FEs. But it is what it is. More waiting game. In the mean time, need to keep the Premium order intact as a backup in case something gets messed up.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am becoming more and more convinced that I will not see the FE that my dealer ordered in the "My Reservations" and neither will those who did the MachDrop promotion. I have been bugging the dealer weekly and they are getting nothing from Ford about it.

Real bummer as I was hoping to track my car through that owner site from scheduled production to delivery. Just really disappointing how Ford can't hook these systems up digitally.

I will keep checking though just in case.
You are right - I think it says as much in one the official Ford promos posted on this forum that we will see differences in online status etc - there is no way for anyone to know until the mid sept order entry into the official system by Ford HQ and then when the dealer tells us that its an official order we will know.
Sponsored