TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is the order bank he mentions Webdo? I thought Ford was entering the orders based on our input to the machdrop, but here it sounds like he would at that time be able to place the order.
The way it reads to me now is that Ford will be entering these new FE orders in WEBDO. But that once in there, the dealer can modify it to change anything (options, buyers info, etc).

Normally dealers initiate orders in WEBDO, but they can't do it for these because part of that process is being able to select the model/trim. That can't happen here because Ford would have to open up FEs for selection, which would allow any dealer to start a new FE order at that point. So Ford is entering the initial order, where the dealer can then manage it like normal.

At least that's my take on it. Sound logical?
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The way it reads to me now is that Ford will be entering these new FE orders in WEBDO. But that once in there, the dealer can modify it to change anything (options, buyers info, etc).

Normally dealers initial orders in WEBDO, but they can't do it for these because part of the process is being able to select the model/trim. That can't happen here because Ford would have to open up FEs for selection, which would allow any dealer to start a new FE order at that point. So Ford is entering the initial order, where the dealer can then manage it like normal.

I think what you state is the summary of the process

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So regarding dates, here's what I gather:

8/31: Deadline for customers to call the Machdrop line to request an FE.
9/15: Deadline for dealers to have agreement with customer for FE purchase and confirm it to Ford.
2nd half September (perhaps 9/18): Ford enters FE orders into WEBDO, where dealers then have access to the order. Where dealer can add any modifications, email us a copy of the order summary, etc.

Like others said, this will probably be like the "In-Store Orders" some of us ended up with when the dealer accidentially hijacked our online reservation. Meaning, it probably won't show up in our online Ford "Reservations and Orders" page. Or if it does, I'm guessing it will just say "In Store Order" with none of the status updates that others are getting.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Normally dealers initiate orders in WEBDO, but they can't do it for these because part of that process is being able to select the model/trim. That can't happen here because Ford would have to open up FEs for selection, which would allow any dealer to start a new FE order at that point. So Ford is entering the initial order, where the dealer can then manage it like normal.

Just as a further FYI . . . I believe my order is already in the WEBDO dealer's order bank. They sent me a copy of the order with an order number. I did not go through "MachDrop" but was contacted by my dealer the week before because I had been pestering them about ordering a FE. Just because it makes it to WEBDO, I do not think means they can link it to your online reservations.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just got this from my dealer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Mustang Mach-E First Edition Mach Drop Campaign-page-001
I just want to say if anyone here was told they would get a FE through this and later finds out they all got taken . . . it's not going to be pretty.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just want to say if anyone here was told they would get a FE through this and later finds out they all got taken . . . it's not going to be pretty.
Just as a side note--it already has not been pretty.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Julie led me to believe I could expect to get one through this promotion, but if I don't, while I'll be a little disappointed, I'm still happy I've got an order in for the Premium and will eventually get an MME. Glass half full. :)

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Just got this from my dealer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Mustang Mach-E First Edition Mach Drop Campaign-page-001
This does seem to match with what is happening. I think the Spotify drop is still ongoing after the Instagram and Uncrate drops completed, so orders still can be completed until the 15th.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just as a further FYI . . . I believe my order is already in the WEBDO dealer's order bank. They sent me a copy of the order with an order number. I did not go through "MachDrop" but was contacted by my dealer the week before because I had been pestering them about ordering a FE. Just because it makes it to WEBDO, I do not think means they can link it to your online reservations.
I believe you are correct. You and I both switched from PE to FE the week before the Mach Drop and our scenarios may be similar. I converted my reservation to an order fairly early, you probably did the same. I believe I converted on 6/27/20 which was the first day it was possible for me to do that which I think was on a Saturday. My dealer called me later that morning to say he can see my "Order Request" in the system and would accept it shortly. A few minutes later I received an e-mail from my dealer to say he accepted the order and their internal dealer order number was W001. A few moments after that, I received an e-mail from the Ford owner's page site to notify me that my order was accepted and it displayed an order number of W001. So, everything seemed to work as planned.

On Monday, I received a e-mail from my dealer to say that my order was now in the Ford system and my order number was changed to 8547. No clue what that means but I went to the Ford.com owner's site and the W001 was changed back to my original reservation number which is 10058161. I never saw the 8547 number up there but maybe it was there briefly and I just missed it. Not sure. Doesn't matter. At any rate.....I replied back to my dealer to thank him for the communication update and said that if an First Edition was to become available, then I would be interested based on color. He said he would make a note but not to hold my breath.

On 8/13/20 I received a text message from the dealership to say a First Edition was available and call him ASAP. That was a Thursday at 4:27 pm. I called him back shortly after 5:00 pm and told him I was interested and we selected a color. He said he would call his regional rep the next morning because they have to enter the order into the system for him. He could not do it himself. This was my first clue that this wasn't a First Edition reservation from one of his customers that decided not to convert but a First Edition that Ford was making available to him for customer's who expressed a desire to upgrade. At that time he said the offer was available to me because I had a Premium order in place already.

On Friday 8/14/20, I received a call from my dealer to say the order is in the system (I presume the WBDO system...). He later send me an order confirmation via e-mail. I don't see an order number on here but it looks like a print out from the order system. Did your confirmation form look like this?

My dealer told me not to expect to see the FE order on my Ford.com owner site since it was handled a different way.

Attachments

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This does seem to match with what is happening. I think the Spotify drop is still ongoing after the Instagram and Uncrate drops completed, so orders still can be completed until the 15th.
Actually, if the dates on that sheet are adhered to, INITIATING those orders ended yesterday (8/30). Although it wouldn't surprise me if they go ahead and answer the hotline and still take Machdrops orders for a few more days. Maybe even to 9/15, although looks like the plan was to end taking them 8/30.

We're now supposed to be in the dealer-confirmation phase for those 8/20-8/30 called-in orders.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess is that the weak point in all this where something is most likely to screw up someone's new FE order is the 8/21-9/15 bullet point: Your dealer getting a buyers order sent in to confirm their acceptance of the order with you.

I could see many dealers either not having gotten that word, or not fully understanding it. Might be something to confirm with your dealers (make sure they did or will be sending a buyers order in before 9/15).

Having a copy of that Mach Drop sheet handy I included above to help explain it might be helpful too.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I believe you are correct. You and I both switched from PE to FE the week before the Mach Drop and our scenarios may be similar. I converted my reservation to an order fairly early, you probably did the same. I believe I converted on 6/27/20 which was the first day it was possible for me to do that which I think was on a Saturday. My dealer called me later that morning to say he can see my "Order Request" in the system and would accept it shortly. A few minutes later I received an e-mail from my dealer to say he accepted the order and their internal dealer order number was W001. A few moments after that, I received an e-mail from the Ford owner's page site to notify me that my order was accepted and it displayed an order number of W001. So, everything seemed to work as planned.

On Monday, I received a e-mail from my dealer to say that my order was now in the Ford system and my order number was changed to 8547. No clue what that means but I went to the Ford.com owner's site and the W001 was changed back to my original reservation number which is 10058161. I never saw the 8547 number up there but maybe it was there briefly and I just missed it. Not sure. Doesn't matter. At any rate.....I replied back to my dealer to thank him for the communication update and said that if an First Edition was to become available, then I would be interested based on color. He said he would make a note but not to hold my breath.

On 8/13/20 I received a text message from the dealership to say a First Edition was available and call him ASAP. That was a Thursday at 4:27 pm. I called him back shortly after 5:00 pm and told him I was interested and we selected a color. He said he would call his regional rep the next morning because they have to enter the order into the system for him. He could not do it himself. This was my first clue that this wasn't a First Edition reservation from one of his customers that decided not to convert but a First Edition that Ford was making available to him for customer's who expressed a desire to upgrade. At that time he said the offer was available to me because I had a Premium order in place already.

On Friday 8/14/20, I received a call from my dealer to say the order is in the system (I presume the WBDO system...). He later send me an order confirmation via e-mail. I don't see an order number on here but it looks like a print out from the order system. Did your confirmation form look like this?

My dealer told me not to expect to see the FE order on my Ford.com owner site since it was handled a different way.
Very, very similar . . . I think the only difference is that my original order was on the night of launch online and not through my dealer, and I got in a day before you on the FE. Attached is my order, and he told me my order number is in the top right - 0645. So yours is R100? Seems odd. Also, your order priority code is different - mine is 10 - which I was told means high priority. Did the dealer and Ford cancel your original order like they did mine?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.31.35 PM

Attachments

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Real bummer as I was hoping to track my car through that owner site from scheduled production to delivery. Just really disappointing how Ford can't hook these systems up digitally.
The next piece of information I genuinely expect to hear is a phone call or email from my dealer wanting to know why I haven't picked up my MME ... in June 2021. I'm quite unimpressed with the overall process let alone everyone's machdrop issues tbh.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I recommend making sure your dealer has their end right before 9/15:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders final FE cutoff

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Mach Dro