TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Attached is my order, and he told me my order number is in the top right - 0645. So yours is R100? Seems odd.
We've suspected all along that the 4-digit order number is only specific to that dealer (i.e. many dealers could use R100). It's way too short to be a unique number in Ford's overall population of orders.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah probably good advice @ChasingCoral. Too much effort went into some of those FE's to let something happen now.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update: I just called the Spotify Mach drop # (fourth time I've called 'a' Mach drop line. All previous calls I went to voicemail. Today I got 'Julie' on the line. She was very helpful. I have now been upgraded to a Red FE and am good to go.

Julie told me there is no limit to the # of FE's being added to production. Ford is going to manufacture whatever number is requested. I thought this was interesting. Anyway, took a little work but the end result is positive.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Update: I just called the Spotify Mach drop # (fourth time I've called 'a' Mach drop line. All previous calls I went to voicemail. Today I got 'Julie' on the line. She was very helpful. I have now been upgraded to a Red FE and am good to go.

Julie told me there is no limit to the # of FE's being added to production. Ford is going to manufacture whatever number is requested. I thought this was interesting. Anyway, took a little work but the end result is positive.
That is what she told me as well. But there was that line in the Ford Dealer Form posted on the last page of this thread that mentioned a waiting list. hmm.. I only hope my dealer follows the instructions properly with this process.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After reading all of this, I have no confidence in any of it...
It's messy for sure. The weakest point being the dealers.

I at least feel better about understanding the process from the Ford end now. 4 days ago that was just a complete WTF. I was thrilled to get that sheet from my dealer this morning that helps explain it for them. (Particularly the buyers order requirement, and how it all goes into the order bank 9/18). I always feel much better getting things in writing/email, not via phone call. That way nothing gets lost or forgotten in translation.

But I have a feeling some dealers still won't get that they need to send that buyers order in.

Last edited:

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
My guess is that the weak point in all this where something is most likely to screw up someone's new FE order is the 8/21-9/15 bullet point: Your dealer getting a buyers order sent in to confirm their acceptance of the order with you.
I think you're 100% correct on the weak point. My Mach E order was sent to the dealer and never accepted until I stopped by today to ask about it. I got home to see my order status had magically changed, even though they had called me the day after I ordered it to see if I had paid the deposit already (isn't that something they should know?). I actually heard my sales guy talking to his manager and the manager asked him "What does a Mach E look like anyway?"

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
She told me the same thing. Interesting how they seem to have opened up so many FEs to be able to make that statement. (Or maybe they're just saying that in the last few days when they could see that the pace of these call-in orders was low enough to see they weren't gonna run out.)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very, very similar . . . I think the only difference is that my original order was on the night of launch online and not through my dealer, and I got in a day before you on the FE. Attached is my order, and he told me my order number is in the top right - 0645. So yours is R100? Seems odd. Also, your order priority code is different - mine is 10 - which I was told means high priority. Did the dealer and Ford cancel your original order like they did mine?

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.31.35 PM.png
I think your order number is F44217
Mine might be F71182
Your sheet says it is a retail order with your name and mine says "stock" and the name is blank still. My original order for a Premium is still active.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Personally, I'll pester the delaer till I have a VIN number at which point it is sometimes possible to follow the status of the shipment via rail, etc.
Perhaps without justification, I assumed that once the VIN was available, I'd be able to see it on the Reservation (Order) site without my dealer having to be involved... and I guess I'm hoping to get an e-mail telling me it's there.

yes, I realize I'm assuming a noticeable amount of competency here.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My dealer called me an hour ago and confirmed my Spotify upgrade to the carbonized gray MME with the message from Ford Program HQ. While we were talking, he knew I reached out last week about converting and told me he was trying to figure out how to get one of the three First Editions he had that people didn't convert for me, but couldn't at the time. Now I'll wait and see like the rest of us here what comes next.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
If this is correct, I wonder why Ford didn't also open up the online / web site again for First Editions.
A much better way to get an order sent to the dealer of your choice.

Hard to follow the logic of this.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If this is correct, I wonder why Ford didn't also open up the online / web site again for First Editions.

Agree. I don't really understand that comment either. Doesn't fit the situation very well does it?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I would guess it its the purpose of the marketing campaign. Key word is marketing. They normally don't care about existing customers. They just want to get new eyeballs & leads on whatever they are 'marketing'. No difference than all those promotional deals from ISP, cell phone companies of yester-year. Once they got you, you're chopped liver. All of us here is already on the hook.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I would guess it its the purpose of the marketing campaign. Key word is marketing. They normally don't care about existing customers. They just want to get new eyeballs & leads on whatever they are 'marketing'. No difference than all those promotional deals from ISP, cell phone companies of yester-year. Once they got you, you're chopped liver. All of us here is already on the hook.
"Free phone *"

*=New Customers Only
Sponsored