SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I would guess it its the purpose of the marketing campaign. Key word is marketing. They normally don't care about existing customers. They just want to get new eyeballs & leads on whatever they are 'marketing'. No difference than all those promotional deals from ISP, cell phone companies of yester-year. Once they got you, you're chopped liver. All of us here is already on the hook.
OK, so now you got their attention --- what is the advantage of running them thru a maze of Ford Order numbers and then told to contact clueless dealers.

Why not just put the info at the end of the drop to log onto: https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/order.html and place the order with the dealer of your choice.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would guess it its the purpose of the marketing campaign. Key word is marketing. They normally don't care about existing customers. They just want to get new eyeballs & leads on whatever they are 'marketing'. No difference than all those promotional deals from ISP, cell phone companies of yester-year. Once they got you, you're chopped liver. All of us here is already on the hook.
Remember that we learned Ford contracted with BBDO for this marketing campaign. BBDO wins by getting new customers and attention -- churn. Ford needs to keep customers. These are two competing mindsets.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
If this is correct, I wonder why Ford didn't also open up the online / web site again for First Editions.
A much better way to get an order sent to the dealer of your choice.

Hard to follow the logic of this.
They are just playing with social media marketing experiments. Nothing more.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been reading on this thread even if it's 39 pages long now and I know that this Macdrop offer was only to the US customer. I had posted somewhere a reply that in Canada you could simply add a FE package to your PE order and that IMO it should not affect your place in line or something else if for exemple I would choose to add this package to my PE order, one member asked if I could confirm that with my dealer. Well I did send an email at least a week ago and the rep came back a few days ago with an answer that for now he is too busy to answer has other reps are on vacation, so I will give him a few more days before getting back to him for an answer on this matter. BTW why Ford didn't simply offer the PE package on their site for you to choose from if you ad a PE order already, or for new customers? Anyway it seems they are going to build them IMO for all model year 2021 if it's a package offered for the PE. They won't be able to build them all in 2 months ?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I've been reading on this thread even if it's 39 pages long now and I know that this Macdrop offer was only to the US customer. I had posted somewhere a reply that in Canada you could simply add a FE package to your PE order and that IMO it should not affect your place in line or something else if for exemple I would choose to add this package to my PE order, one member asked if I could confirm that with my dealer. Well I did send an email at least a week ago and the rep came back a few days ago with an answer that for now he is too busy to answer has other reps are on vacation, so I will give him a few more days before getting back to him for an answer on this matter. BTW why Ford didn't simply offer the PE package on their site for you to choose from if you ad a PE order already, or for new customers? Anyway it seems they are going to build them IMO for all model year 2021 if it's a package offered for the PE. They won't be able to build them all in 2 months ?
The MachDrop is not about adding FE package to the Premium Order - its about additional cars being made available that in theory would be available earlier than other models. For whatever reason Ford decided to do this only in the USA. Not sure if they allow new FE vehicle orders to be placed through the dealer in Canada now. Regarding just adding the cosmetic trim to your current order , not sure but that will not change your delivery date .

Most people trying for the FE through MachDRop want the earlier delivery or the Grabber Blue color

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The MachDrop is not about adding FE package to the Premium Order - its about additional cars being made available that in theory would be available earlier than other models. For whatever reason Ford decided to do this only in the USA. Not sure if they allow new FE vehicle orders to be placed through the dealer in Canada now. Regarding just adding the cosmetic trim to your current order , not sure but that will not change your delivery date .

Most people trying for the FE through MachDRop want the earlier delivery or the Grabber Blue color
Or both!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Look, it's another drop: This ad showed up on my Mach E Forum feed today:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 6.11.25 PM

?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
I was a little late discovering the link, but filled out the form on Uncrated Wednesday evening and received the confirmation email midday Thursday. Seeing as the program was supposed to end on Monday I'm not holding my breath to receive a call from Ford, but I was just wondering if anyone else has been successful ordering through Uncrated this week?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I was a little late discovering the link, but filled out the form on Uncrated Wednesday evening and received the confirmation email midday Thursday. Seeing as the program was supposed to end on Monday I'm not holding my breath to receive a call from Ford, but I was just wondering if anyone else has been successful ordering through Uncrated this week?
You'll likely be the first if it goes through.

Callicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester and Legacy, 2021 Bronco! 2021 Mach-E?
Country flag

I was able to get a pre-order through Uncrate. I got an email confirmation, then the next business day a call from Ford. A message was left that I didn't return because I wasn't sure I really wanted to make the commitment to buy a Mach-E. Then, Ford left a second message this week. I decided to call her back. Julie was extremely helpful and very nice on the phone. She asked what color I wanted indicating that my choices were grabber blue, rapid red, and carbonized gray (I chose carbonized gray). We decided on which dealer that she would contact on my behalf and asked if I had a specific salesperson in mind since I already own two vehicles from the Subaru half of their store. That day the dealer left a message and sent an email. I've exchange a couple emails with him, but haven't called back to officially make a reservation and down payment. I just spoke with the Ford dealer as I was typing this message.

He stated that they hadn't heard of the #machdrop but that it was really interesting to him. I said I was willing to officially order the 2021 Mach-E FE but wanted to know what the pricing would be because the $59,900 price was the MSRP and that we could negotiate the price. THe salesman indicated they had no control over the pricing, which I told him wasn't true and that the vehicle was considered sold when it leaves the factory, which meant they could, and dealers are negotiating the price. Further, if we weren't able to negotiate the price, that I would not officially make the order, which means the Mach-E will not be made nor allocated to his dealer, so it was to their benefit and mine to make a deal work. Frankly, I'll cancel if they don't want to negotiate. He then said that the same pricing structure with no control was similar to the Bronco. However, I also have a Bronco reservation with Granger Ford in IA that is selling all pre-orders for $1k under invoice. When I shared that with him (and my willingness to change my reservation to them if they match it), he said he was going to talk with his manager to see what they can do.

I would suppose that if all of those factors don't give me an elevated negotiating position, then I'm not sure what will and perhaps a Mach-E isn't meant to be.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I was able to get a pre-order through Uncrate. I got an email confirmation, then the next business day a call from Ford. A message was left that I didn't return because I wasn't sure I really wanted to make the commitment to buy a Mach-E. Then, Ford left a second message this week. I decided to call her back. Julie was extremely helpful and very nice on the phone. She asked what color I wanted indicating that my choices were grabber blue, rapid red, and carbonized gray (I chose carbonized gray). We decided on which dealer that she would contact on my behalf and asked if I had a specific salesperson in mind since I already own two vehicles from the Subaru half of their store. That day the dealer left a message and sent an email. I've exchange a couple emails with him, but haven't called back to officially make a reservation and down payment. I just spoke with the Ford dealer as I was typing this message.

He stated that they hadn't heard of the #machdrop but that it was really interesting to him. I said I was willing to officially order the 2021 Mach-E FE but wanted to know what the pricing would be because the $59,900 price was the MSRP and that we could negotiate the price. THe salesman indicated they had no control over the pricing, which I told him wasn't true and that the vehicle was considered sold when it leaves the factory, which meant they could, and dealers are negotiating the price. Further, if we weren't able to negotiate the price, that I would not officially make the order, which means the Mach-E will not be made nor allocated to his dealer, so it was to their benefit and mine to make a deal work. Frankly, I'll cancel if they don't want to negotiate. He then said that the same pricing structure with no control was similar to the Bronco. However, I also have a Bronco reservation with Granger Ford in IA that is selling all pre-orders for $1k under invoice. When I shared that with him (and my willingness to change my reservation to them if they match it), he said he was going to talk with his manager to see what they can do.

I would suppose that if all of those factors don't give me an elevated negotiating position, then I'm not sure what will and perhaps a Mach-E isn't meant to be.
Just an outsider's perspective, but it sounds like you don't really want this car....seems like a steep price to pay for something you're not overly enthused about.

Callicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester and Legacy, 2021 Bronco! 2021 Mach-E?
Country flag
Just an outsider's perspective, but it sounds like you don't really want this car....seems like a steep price to pay for something you're not overly enthused about.
Your right on many levels. I'm interested in going EV, yet my struggle, as always, is cost on entry.
Sponsored