Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Your right on many levels. I'm interested in going EV, yet my struggle, as always, is cost on entry.
Just a suggestion. Many of us are purchasing using X-plan pricing. It provides a modest discount but eliminates any additional dealer markup and limits many of the other costs. You still have enough time to join the Mustang Club of America to gain X-plan pricing.

Callicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester and Legacy, 2021 Bronco! 2021 Mach-E?
Country flag
Just a suggestion. Many of us are purchasing using X-plan pricing. It provides a modest discount but eliminates any additional dealer markup and limits many of the other costs. You still have enough time to join the Mustang Club of America to gain X-plan pricing.
I'll take another look at MCA. Thanks for the suggestion.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
After not hearing anything for a week I emailed Uncrate to confirm they had sent the proper information to Ford. I then received a call from Ford 30 minutes later saying they were passing my information along to the dealer, so it looks like it might actually go through. Now I just need to wait for the dealer to contact me.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
After not hearing anything for a week I emailed Uncrate to confirm they had sent the proper information to Ford. I then received a call from Ford 30 minutes later saying they were passing my information along to the dealer, so it looks like it might actually go through. Now I just need to wait for the dealer to contact me.
I would recommend contacting the dealer asap considering that they are often not on the ball. I had to contact them 3 times to get it moving.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Is it ok to wait till you go into the financing office to pay for the car to get the x-plan pricing, or do you have to reserve the car announcing that ahead of time?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would recommend contacting the dealer asap considering that they are often not on the ball. I had to contact them 3 times to get it moving.
And the deadline for the dealer getting a buyers order into Ford for one of the #machdrop FEs is 9/15 (next Tuesday). Anyone not already confirmed only has a few days left to get that confirmed with their dealer.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is it ok to wait till you go into the financing office to pay for the car to get the x-plan pricing, or do you have to reserve the car announcing that ahead of time?
My understanding is that you only need to provide the X-Plan PIN# at the time of purchase. However, not all dealers honor X-Plan pricing. So it's a good idea to confirm with them first that they'll honor it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My understanding is that you only need to provide the X-Plan PIN# at the time of purchase. However, not all dealers honor X-Plan pricing. So it's a good idea to confirm with them first that they'll honor it.
However, you better join the MCA and get your membership started soon if you have an early delivery. You have to be a member for 60 days before the purchase.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
However, you better join the MCA and get your membership started soon if you have an early delivery. You have to be a member for 60 days before the purchase.
Alternatively....
There are many other ways to qualify for X plan without joining MCA. Both my wife and I each qualify through our employer so if anyone else has that available to them then they don't have to wait the 60 days to get a X Plan PIN.
My wife qualifies through UPS and I qualify through our Ford Fleet program at work. There are dozens and dozens of other ways to qualify. I think it's listed on their website somewhere....

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I did join a couple weeks ago but have not yet recieved a card or anything in the mail.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did join a couple weeks ago but have not yet recieved a card or anything in the mail.
You will. I think it took mine a month to show up in the mail.

Not that you need it. All you need is the X-Plan PIN#, and you get that on the website after logging in.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
I did get a call back from the dealer today and will be going in Monday to finalize the order. A little close for comfort to the Tuesday deadline but all should be well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You will. I think it took mine a month to show up in the mail.

Not that you need it. All you need is the X-Plan PIN#, and you get that on the website after logging in.
Yes but you need your membership number to log into the website.
Sponsored