Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It is worrisome, not having confirmation in hand.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I agree, it can be a little unnerving. At least you have a copy of the sales order?

I'm hoping by the end of next week that dealers should have official confirmation of the order with Ford, whether they pass it on to you or not is to be seen.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think if you call that 800 promo number they can tell you if your order has been accepted maybe. I asked my dealer to confirm with ford it was accepted and they checked and said yes. Now the wait.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I think if you call that 800 promo number they can tell you if your order has been accepted maybe. I asked my dealer to confirm with ford it was accepted and they checked and said yes. Now the wait.
I checked with the Machdrop folks to verify that all was set after my dealer returned the signed sales order. I got an email address from them and used that method to verify [email protected]

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I checked with the Machdrop folks to verify that all was set after my dealer returned the signed sales order. I got an email address from them and used that method to verify [email protected]
My dealership rep sent me the confirmation from Julie at Program HQ, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until the end of the month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders 1599926326826

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My dealership rep sent me the confirmation from Julie at Program HQ, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until the end of the month.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders 1599926326826
Ah yes, looks pretty much like what I got:

Hi Dave,

You are all set for the moment. Jeff sent us what we needed. All future questions should be directed to the dealer.

Have a nice weekend!

Julie

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
The lack of confirmation and/or transparency into the dealings after the marketing people get it until the order is officially entered causes a bit of anxiety. There is always this thought of, is it really confirmed, what if the paperwork gets lost, what if something was wrong on the sales order...

At least with the regular reservation/order we can visualize the order and stuff like a price and order number...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The lack of confirmation and/or transparency into the dealings after the marketing people get it until the order is officially entered causes a bit of anxiety. There is always this thought of, is it really confirmed, what if the paperwork gets lost, what if something was wrong on the sales order...

At least with the regular reservation/order we can visualize the order and stuff like a price and order number...
Actually, I can't even do that. My dealer converted my reservation to an order, so all it shows me on my account now is a picture of a red select and that's it. Apparently in the system it is now an "in house order":
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders Screenshot from 2020-09-12 14-19-02

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ah yes, looks pretty much like what I got:

Hi Dave,

You are all set for the moment. Jeff sent us what we needed. All future questions should be directed to the dealer.

Have a nice weekend!

Julie
Justin is my dealer representative, and I've made a point of checking in with him once or twice a week now. Thankfully he's a good dude and doesn't mind hearing from me. His only ask is that I let him go for a ride in my MME when it's delivered. :)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I did get a call back from the dealer today and will be going in Monday to finalize the order. A little close for comfort to the Tuesday deadline but all should be well.
Wonder why you have to “go in”. I (and many others) handled it over the phone/email.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Wonder why you have to “go in”. I (and many others) handled it over the phone/email.
I was surprised to hear that too, but the dealership is very close to my office so I don't mind.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What does "you will hear from Ford by the end of the month with final details" mean? What final details are we waiting for?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For the machdrop FEs, Ford wants the the dealer to submit a buyers order sheet for confirmation. There's a buyer signature on that sheet. I went in and signed the sheet at my dealership. Although given the goofy circumstances involved (i.e. all the confusion, and most of us already having an order and dealer deposit in place), I wonder if some dealers just submitted them for people without a signature?

I also wonder if some dealers never realized they were supposed to send in a buyers order. Probably gonna take some straightening out. Those of us with machdrop FE's are gonna have to confirm with our dealers after 9/18 that our FE order actually made it into the order bank correctly.

Here's an excerpt of an email the EV team sent me a few weeks ago when I tried to confirm whether they got the buyers order:

"Your dealer should be able to confirm with you when they see the order in the dealer order bank. This should occur in the second half of September. Feel free to follow up with us again if your dealer does not see an order by the end of September. The dealer should know how the First Edition is coded in the order bank but if they have trouble finding it, they can email us and we will help them out."
Sponsored