agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
funny how they took the extra FE's to social media just to dump them back at the dealer. Progress marches backwards I guess.
Sponsored

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
For the machdrop FEs, Ford wants the the dealer to submit a buyers order sheet for confirmation. There's a buyer signature on that sheet. I went in and signed the sheet at my dealership. Although given the goofy circumstances involved (i.e. all the confusion, and most of us already having an order and dealer deposit in place), I wonder if some dealers just submitted them for people without a signature?

I also wonder if some dealers never realized they were supposed to send in a buyers order. Probably gonna take some straightening out. Those of us with machdrop FE's are gonna have to confirm with our dealers after 9/18 that our FE order actually made it into the order bank correctly.

Here's an excerpt of an email the EV team sent me a few weeks ago when I tried to confirm whether they got the buyers order:

"Your dealer should be able to confirm with you when they see the order in the dealer order bank. This should occur in the second half of September. Feel free to follow up with us again if your dealer does not see an order by the end of September. The dealer should know how the First Edition is coded in the order bank but if they have trouble finding it, they can email us and we will help them out."
my dealer emailed me my paperwork and I signed it digitally and emailed it back so he could submit it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
my dealer emailed me my paperwork and I signed it digitally and emailed it back so he could submit it.
I'm pretty sure my dealer is still pretty new to this "interweb" thingy. These kids don't kow their "twitface" are a fad like hula hoops and slinkies...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
funny how they took the extra FE's to social media just to dump them back at the dealer. Progress marches backwards I guess.
Yeah, the whole "extra FEs via social media" idea was a fisaco. It's bad enough that they allowed new people to line-jump after they told buyers 10 months ago that FEs were sold out and reservers had to settle for alternate models. But they also created a mess by trying to kinda-sorta take orders via the Machdrop phone number when they know that all sales actually have to go through dealers. And on top of that they did a really crappy job of informing dealers of what was going on.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, the whole "extra FEs via social media" idea was a fisaco. It's bad enough that they allowed new people to line-jump after they told buyers 10 months ago that FEs were sold out and reservers had to settle for alternate models. But they also created a mess by trying to kinda-sorta take orders via the Machdrop phone number when they know that all sales actually have to go through dealers. And on top of that they did a really crappy job of informing dealers of what was going on.
In retrospect regarding the MME's ordering process in general, I think it would have been a much better idea to take the orders online in every state that doesn't prohibit from start to finish with zero dealer interaction during the process. Then give the dealer a reasonable paperwork and processing fee for dealing with us upon delivery plus a cut of the car cost in lieu of their regular profit per vehicle sold. That would have made everything, including the rather lampooned (by us) machdrop so much easier. Just my 2 cents worth.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Fiasco is one word. I'm not sure it's strong enough to describe the situation, though.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
At least they should have listed these dealer FE orders on the web site under your reservations/orders along with the other ones. Probably means nothing, but would give me peace of mind to see it there and they should also paste your VIN there when assigned. They are kinda stupid along these lines.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My dealer filled out a simple buy order and sent it to ford without my signature. He Cc’d me on the email so I have a copy, but I’ve never signed it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At least they should have listed these dealer FE orders on the web site under your reservations/orders along with the other ones. Probably means nothing, but would give me peace of mind to see it there and they should also paste your VIN there when assigned. They are kinda stupid along these lines.
Hoping that still happens wen they get entered in the order bank. But we're in this crappy "manual handling" period now where Ford isn't letting the dealers enter the orders like they normally would because it would open up any other dealers to snag FEs. So Ford is manually entering them for the the dealers, but only after getting confirmation from dealers via a manual buyers order.

But for us, these weeks of being in limbo without confirmation is frustrating.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My dealership rep sent me the confirmation from Julie at Program HQ, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until the end of the month.
Got a response from Julie that I'm all set. "Sorry for the delayed reply, I am off on the weekends. You are all set at this point in the process for the Mach Drop program. We have until tomorrow to collect any outstanding buyers orders from dealers. Sometime between September 16th and September 30th Ford will be contacting the dealers with the steps for the rest of the process. I am out of the loop at this point."
Thank you and have a great week!
Julie @ Ford Mach Drop PHQ
[email protected]
844-802-6635

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The Ford Program HQs folks must be getting real tired of answering emails. I emailed them this morning asking for an update because I haven't heard 1 word from my dealer to confirm my switch from a Premium to a First Edition. Here was their response....short and sweet:

Hello,
Yes, we received your buyers order 8/26.

Ford is placing the order end of September.

No further tracking will be available until then.

Thank you.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The Ford Program HQs folks must be getting real tired of answering emails. I emailed them this morning asking for an update because I haven't heard 1 word from my dealer to confirm my switch from a Premium to a First Edition. Here was their response....short and sweet:

Hello,
Yes, we received your buyers order 8/26.

Ford is placing the order end of September.

No further tracking will be available until then.

Thank you.
:cool: Well, they should have handled it better. Leaving Mach Drop orderers in the lurch has its consequences. :cool:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm sitting here right now, received a call asking if I would like to change to a first edition. So torn right now have to let them know by 400pm ughhh
Guess it would come down to if you want your car in 2020 or not.
Sponsored