Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm sitting here right now, received a call asking if I would like to change to a first edition. So torn right now have to let them know by 400pm ughhh
Good luck either way.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm sitting here right now, received a call asking if I would like to change to a first edition. So torn right now have to let them know by 400pm ughhh
This whole "extra FEs" thing almost sounds like someone in purchasing screwed up and added a zero to the number of red-stitching seats to the purchase order. :eek:?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
This whole "extra FEs" thing almost sounds like someone in purchasing screwed up and added a zero to the number of red-stitching seats to the purchase order. :eek:?
Right? I mean WTF?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finally got an answer today from my dealer regarding the FE package offer on ford.ca has a person on this trhread ask if it would be possible to check with them an get their answer. Well the short answer is that there's no FE available, here in Canada. So I did return a question, why is it a package offer on ford.ca, waiting for the answer. I did also have a question about the value of a Premium SR AWD after 4 years of lease and the answer is $22,800, and the other question was about my trade in value, which is exactly what I was thinking.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What are your pros and cons? Why not do it?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
What are your pros and cons? Why not do it?
Decided not to pull the trigger. The woman was very nice, as I was going thru the employee plan. The main reason is the white/grey interior and black wheel trim. Wish they had a white interior with black stitching. The black interior to me is just black everywhere. Calipers I can paint any color I like The petals are an easy switch. The first edition nameplate is nice but might find one aftermarket that is If want to replace it lol. White should be a lot cooler also.

Got in a tesla once with black seats model 3. Then a model 3 with white seats big difference. I know ford/ tesla/ polestar 2 all talk no need to tint the glass roof, but my nephew tinted his tesla model 3 glass roof and it made a big difference in temperature in the sun.

Painted wheel area that gets nicks and chips from the road if not wrapped. The glossy ones can be replaced I'm sure easy and cheaper than painted.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Good choice then.
Decided not to pull the trigger. The woman was very nice, as I was going thru the employee plan. The main reason is the white/grey interior and black wheel trim. Wish they had a white interior with black stitching. The black interior to me is just black everywhere. Calipers I can paint any color I like The petals are an easy switch. The first edition nameplate is nice but might find one aftermarket that is If want to replace it lol. White should be a lot cooler also.

Got in a tesla once with black seats model 3. Then a model 3 with white seats big difference. I know ford/ tesla/ polestar 2 all talk no need to tint the glass roof, but my nephew tinted his tesla model 3 glass roof and it made a big difference in temperature in the sun.

Painted wheel area that gets nicks and chips from the road if not wrapped. The glossy ones can be replaced I'm sure easy and cheaper than painted.
A good choice then. I'm pretty certain this why Ford offers different trim lines and versions of their models. And different models. One size doesn't fit all. :)

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Actually, I can't even do that. My dealer converted my reservation to an order, so all it shows me on my account now is a picture of a red select and that's it. Apparently in the system it is now an "in house order":
Screenshot from 2020-09-12 14-19-02.png
That's exactly what mine looks like since my dealer converted mine as well.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

Either way, you're getting your MME, so that's the plus. :D

I ordered the space gray interior originally on my Premium before I made the switch to FE, but my wife-to-be has black hair that's constantly getting everywhere in the house and the car, and I don't want to have to look at or clean it up all the time. I love the look, however. As far as the painted versus piano black wheel well lips, I'd rather have the paint. The contrast is nice, but the high-gloss piano black scratches so easily on the B-pillar trim on my Escape, I can see that being trashed pretty quickly. I'd rather find some clear 3M or other protection on the paint that's self-healing.

Once again, you're getting your MME!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
My order is submitted for a Grabber Blue FE. The dealer rep seemed pretty knowledgeable and says he's done at least 40. Not sure if that's just FE or total Mach-Es.

Keyk4

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Country flag
Relax and give them some time. Program HQ called me on 9/16 to get some additional info that the dealer didn't include on the buyers order for my Mach Drop FE (via Spotify) because they were submitting the list to Ford that night. They said the orders would be entered into the dealer's order bank sometime between 9/18-9/30.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Unless I missed it, I have yet to see anyone share that they received confirmation of the FE entry from this marketing campaign being entered into the system. Those leaked dates (8/30 being the last day of the campaign, 9/15 being the last day to submit the order, 9/18 to supposedly enter the orders) were just that, leaks. No confirmation on if they were final dates, hard dates, start dates, target dates, dried dates or blind dates...

I would personally wait to worry until I see others getting confirmation. Since there were about 150-200 people getting in on this program, we should be seeing some confirmations soon.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Unless I missed it, I have yet to see anyone share that they received confirmation of the FE entry from this marketing campaign being entered into the system. Those leaked dates (8/30 being the last day of the campaign, 9/15 being the last day to submit the order, 9/18 to supposedly enter the orders) were just that, leaks. No confirmation on if they were final dates, hard dates, start dates, target dates, dried dates or blind dates...

I would personally wait to worry until I see others getting confirmation. Since there were about 150-200 people getting in on this program, we should be seeing some confirmations soon.
Lets hope. It has been sloppy, poorly communicated and executed! I am NOT impressed with Ford's PR and Marketing Departments. The old, "if we build it, they will buy" mentality is still present and the dealership model is an uninformed fiasco. But, I wait with bated breath.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

We have an actual sheet from Ford saying 9/18 for Machdrop FEs going into the order bank, but it could just mean that was the target date for starting to enter them. The Ford EV Team also described it as "2nd half of the month" to me, so it probably is more approximate.

I contacted my dealer yesterday afternoon to have him check the order bank, and mine didn't show up yet either. As you said, I think we just need to wait and see what others here are reporting. I haven't seen anyone say their machdrop FE showed up in the order bank yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders 0001
Sponsored