Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Did you try calling the Ford Program HQS number to see if they received your FE order? I didn’t hear anything from my dealer, but I emailed Ford HQS and they said they received my order from the dealer and it was moving forward. I do wish my dealer would communicate better with time though. I’ve emailed numerous times and received zero response. When I call, he’s helpful though.
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Lets hope. It has been sloppy, poorly communicated and executed! I am NOT impressed with Ford's PR and Marketing Departments. The old, "if we build it, they will buy" mentality is still present and the dealership model is an uninformed fiasco. But, I wait with bated breath.
In the era of instant and modern communication, I don’t understand how Ford can’t use technology and algorithms to better communicate status and provide updates. It can be automated and seamless, yet they choose to leave customers in the dark. I’m in an MBA program now, and I may make this my thesis topic.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
In the era of instant and modern communication, I don’t understand how Ford can’t use technology and algorithms to better communicate status and provide updates. It can be automated and seamless, yet they choose to leave customers in the dark. I’m in an MBA program now, and I may make this my thesis topic.
If used, use as a topic on how NOT to engage enthusiastic customers. I mean a bunch of people have put out $500 for the privilege of being largely ignored by Ford. It all goes back to the dealership model of sales. Ford has never been in the retail business and it SHOWS!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Machdrop team should really just sent the customer an email after they enter our order into WBDO. Then we'd know when to contact our dealer.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The Machdrop team should really just sent the customer an email after they enter our order into WBDO. Then we'd know when to contact our dealer.
Ha think! ...and update our (customer) Ford webpage with current information!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Unless I missed it, I have yet to see anyone share that they received confirmation of the FE entry from this marketing campaign being entered into the system. Those leaked dates (8/30 being the last day of the campaign, 9/15 being the last day to submit the order, 9/18 to supposedly enter the orders) were just that, leaks. No confirmation on if they were final dates, hard dates, start dates, target dates, dried dates or blind dates...

I would personally wait to worry until I see others getting confirmation. Since there were about 150-200 people getting in on this program, we should be seeing some confirmations soon.
Ford told me I was number 2 in for this program, and that they weren't sure when we we would get the first email, but I'm pretty sure we won't have to wait too long.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That they were REQUIRED to complete?

This may be one of those dealers who gets dropped for not knowing what they are doing with EVs.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I had talked to Julie at “Mach E Mach Drop Headquarters” back in August and she confirmed that my dealer order came through to them. I can also confirm the previously outlined September order timeframe. As she explained it to me, the orders from the “Mach Drop” promotion were completed 8/31. They were “gathering” the orders until mid September and would start the ordering process in the second half of September. I did ask about my online reservation still showing a Premium Space White, and she made it seem like that would not update until after the September orders are placed, if ever. They seemed to think the online reservation may never indicate the change to an FE. Which makes me wonder if my premium may still get built. And it still gives me some pause that the entire “Mach Drop” fiasco might still end with me NOT getting my Grabber Blue FE.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My guess is that you're going to have to cancel the online Premium order at some point. But I'd be a tad careful about the timing of that.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My guess is that you're going to have to cancel the online Premium order at some point. But I'd be a tad careful about the timing of that.
I'm wondering at what point we can be sure the FE order is locked in and it is safe to cancel the existing Premium order.
When it appears in webdo and we get a copy of that from the dealer?
When we get a VIN and a build week?
Some other event?
Also, it would seem like the dealer might want to convert our old order to become a car on the lot for sale, perhaps they might add ADM to the sale of that to a walk in customer. Is that possible for them to do? Is there a risk to us if that happened? Should we encourage the dealer to do that?
Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm wondering at what point we can be sure the FE order is locked in and it is safe to cancel the existing Premium order.
When it appears in webdo and we get a copy of that from the dealer?
When we get a VIN and a build week?
Some other event?
Also, it would seem like the dealer might want to convert our old order to become a car on the lot for sale, perhaps they might add ADM to the sale of that to a walk in customer. Is that possible for them to do? Is there a risk to us if that happened? Should we encourage the dealer to do that?
Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:
If anyone actually cancels an order, for any reason, and the dealer doesn't actually cancel it, there's a bit of a problem. If Ford Motor finds out, there may be a huge problem for the dealer. Ideally, if you managed to snag a #machdrop FE and cancel, that would bump everyone below you in priority for the same model you just canceled, up a number. Now if there's an agreement between the two of you regarding any cancellation that's another story altogether. Or if the cancellation is so late that the second car is already built and on the train/truck/boat, then the dealer has one on his lot (maybe).

The devil is in the details, and my personal suspicious nature would make me wait a long time before I canceled an order I know I have in favor of one I have no proof of.

As it is, I don't have an FE reservation or a machdrop FE.My opinion about all this both doesn't matter and is likely wrong anyway.
Sponsored