RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I'm wondering at what point we can be sure the FE order is locked in and it is safe to cancel the existing Premium order.
When it appears in webdo and we get a copy of that from the dealer?
When we get a VIN and a build week?
Some other event?
Also, it would seem like the dealer might want to convert our old order to become a car on the lot for sale, perhaps they might add ADM to the sale of that to a walk in customer. Is that possible for them to do? Is there a risk to us if that happened? Should we encourage the dealer to do that?
Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:
It's the dealer's problem. They buy the vehicles. It they want to buy both vehicles, then not sure why you would really care, as long as you get the one you want ;). Ford is happy, they sold two...
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I was one who got the call the week before the fabled Ford "Mach Drop the Ball" promo from my dealer with the availability of a FE. They ordered my FE, I got the order sheet from the online ordering, and the regional sales rep then cancelled my premium order. I have been nervous about it ever since because all I can see on my online Ford Owner page is the cancelled premium. Dealer keeps assuring me that it is all good, but until I get a VIN and a build date I will keep wondering.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was one who got the call the week before the fabled Ford "Mach Drop the Ball" promo from my dealer with the availability of a FE. They ordered my FE, I got the order sheet from the online ordering, and the regional sales rep then cancelled my premium order. I have been nervous about it ever since because all I can see on my online Ford Owner page is the cancelled premium. Dealer keeps assuring me that it is all good, but until I get a VIN and a build date I will keep wondering.
?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm wondering at what point we can be sure the FE order is locked in and it is safe to cancel the existing Premium order.
When it appears in webdo and we get a copy of that from the dealer?
When we get a VIN and a build week?
Some other event?
Also, it would seem like the dealer might want to convert our old order to become a car on the lot for sale, perhaps they might add ADM to the sale of that to a walk in customer. Is that possible for them to do? Is there a risk to us if that happened? Should we encourage the dealer to do that?
Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:
Once it's confirmed in WEBDO, I feel OK about cancelling my Premium order (that's WEBDO too). Although I did quietly float the idea to my dealer that "As long as it eventually gets cancelled, I don't care when, in case you wanted to wait until the last minute so you have one on the lot to sell". He was appreciative of the idea, but hadn't thought through if that would actually work. But he didn't elaborate and I didn't push. I'll just give him the OK to cancel it whenever he wants. It is another end-around that isn't fair to buyers with orders at the end-of-the-line, so not sure if Ford would look unfavorably on the practice. (Of course, Ford created Machdrop which is an end-around process to begin with, so there's that.)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Once it's confirmed in WEBDO, I feel OK about cancelling my Premium order (that's WEBDO too). Although I did quietly float the idea to my dealer that "As long as it eventually gets cancelled, I don't care when, in case you wanted to wait until the last minute so you have one on the lot to sell". He was appreciative of the idea, but hadn't thought through if that would actually work. But he didn't elaborate and I didn't push. I'll just give him the OK to cancel it whenever he wants. It is another end-around that isn't fair to buyers with orders at the end-of-the-line, so not sure if Ford would look unfavorably on the practice. (Of course, Ford created Machdrop which is an end-around process to begin with, so there's that.)
I think I'd wait until I had a VIN and build date on the FE before cancelling the Premium.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I think I'd wait until I had a VIN and build date on the FE before cancelling the Premium.
That was my thought also. The dealer and I did not really discuss the subject of cancelling the original order, but I think I did mention that we would not want to cancel it right away. I did pay a $1000 deposit on the original order, and no deposit on the Machdrop FE. I guess I assumed the deposit would transfer over, but it would seem if the original order was cancelled that the deposit should come back or it should be documented that it applies to the FE now. I guess I need to discuss that when I get the VIN and build date, as currently there is nothing that says the $1000 applies to the FE when the sale is processed at delivery.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have a feeling we will all be in a better place when we start getting some VIN numbers and build dates. Regardless of what the model is and who gets it. The radio silence from Ford is really the issue. I can’t bitch yet because I don’t know what to bitch about and who to bitch to. But rest assured, I’m gonna bitch.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
My situation is very similar, but I know my dealer personally. I think you are in a good spot though because our orders had to go through the regional team which, again, was before the Machdrop. Not to be confused with "mic-drop." I can neither confirm nor deny that I have a vin #, build #, and build week. That said, I would ask your dealer for more specifics to put you at ease.

I think it has been noted in the forum that more owner specific information on FEs would be coming over the next couple of weeks.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Once it's in WEBDO, it's in the same spot that my Premium is if I'd never ordered a 2nd Machdrop FE. Meaning, I don't have a VIN# for the Premium either, so it's no different.

But presumably your point is that since I have 2 orders now, might as well take advantage of that and milk it as far as I can just in case. Which I suspect my dealer will do anyway. I'm guessing he'll be thrilled to keep it open till the last second to secure one in stock ahead of some new customer halfway across the country ordering today that would have to wait until July or something for delivery.

It's a little ethically-challenged, but oh well, already crossed that bridge. Machdrop was too.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My situation is very similar, but I know my dealer personally. I think you are in a good spot though because our orders had to go through the regional team which, again, was before the Machdrop. Not to be confused with "mic-drop." I can neither confirm nor deny that I have a vin #, build #, and build week. That said, I would ask your dealer for more specifics to put you at ease.

I think it has been noted in the forum that more owner specific information on FEs would be coming over the next couple of weeks.
Oh, my dealer gets an email every week to 14 days asking, and I just keep getting back "all good"!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I can’t bitch yet because I don’t know what to bitch about and who to bitch to. But rest assured, I’m gonna bitch.
Sure you can! And we're all here to bitch at each other until we start getting our cars, and then this place will be a ghost town.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Once it's in WEBDO, it's in the same spot that my Premium is if I'd never ordered a 2nd Machdrop FE. Meaning, I don't have a VIN# for the Premium either, so it's no different.

But presumably your point is that since I have 2 orders now, might as well take advantage of that and milk it as far as I can just in case. Which I suspect my dealer will do anyway. I'm guessing he'll be thrilled to keep it open till the last second to secure one in stock ahead of some new customer halfway across the country ordering today that would have to wait until July or something for delivery.

It's a little ethically-challenged, but oh well, already crossed that bridge. Machdrop was too.

My original reservation is for a GT and that is still showing up in my Ford account. I did the Mach drop to switch to a FE and like everyone else, I have seen nothing besides the dealer and Julie at FHQ telling me that the dealer sent in my paperwork. Since the GT orders don't open up until later, I figure I have time before cancelling it. There is no way I would cancel any order or reservation at this point.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Or it could worse-We could all still be on here bitching about what went wrong with the door handle breaking off. Or the batteries exploding. Or the panoramic roof leaking....

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Or it could worse-We could all still be on here bitching about what went wrong with the door handle breaking off. Or the batteries exploding. Or the panoramic roof leaking....
Don't forget the bumpers that fall off.
Sponsored