ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
BTW, I heard this recently from Ron Heiser:
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
[email protected]
Country flag
The conjugation of interest is present tense, third person - “he goes”, “she goes”. The conjugation of ir for that tense is va. No of course is no, so “No va” would mean “(he or she) is not going”. Nova.
I get it (and speak Spanish fluently). The story is apocryphal, is all. The single word "nova" means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English.

Now, for bonus points, why wouldn’t you sell a Ford Pinto in Brazil? 😀😀😀
And I work with enough Brazilians to know not to say it on this forum! The Mexican-Spanish equivalent is similarly spelt: pito. ;)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata conversion
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I get it (and speak Spanish fluently). The story is apocryphal, is all. The single word "nova" means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English.

And I work with enough Brazilians to know not to say it on this forum! The Mexican-Spanish equivalent is similarly spelt: pito. ;)

or, a Star blowing up....

Advertisement

Advertisement