ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
BTW, I heard this recently from Ron Heiser:
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "

Advertisement

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
[email protected]
Country flag
The conjugation of interest is present tense, third person - “he goes”, “she goes”. The conjugation of ir for that tense is va. No of course is no, so “No va” would mean “(he or she) is not going”. Nova.
I get it (and speak Spanish fluently). The story is apocryphal, is all. The single word "nova" means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English.

Now, for bonus points, why wouldn’t you sell a Ford Pinto in Brazil? 😀😀😀
And I work with enough Brazilians to know not to say it on this forum! The Mexican-Spanish equivalent is similarly spelt: pito. ;)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata conversion
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I get it (and speak Spanish fluently). The story is apocryphal, is all. The single word "nova" means the same thing in Spanish as it does in English.

And I work with enough Brazilians to know not to say it on this forum! The Mexican-Spanish equivalent is similarly spelt: pito. ;)

or, a Star blowing up....

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Country flag

I speak Spanish ... badly 😀😀😀
I lived in São Paolo as a young teenager for a few years. I did not do very well in my Portuguese classes, but I had no problem getting around on my own and I managed to pick up a couple of “colorful” expressions.
Since I learned Spanish in schools in the US and only used it in more formal business settings in Spain, I never picked up any “colorful” Spanish words (well, maybe one 😀)

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "
Ford, if you're reading this, I'm ready for that offer to replace my existing pre-drilled bumper with an unblemished one.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Kia Sorento, 2021 MME AWD EX Premium
Country flag
Man I missed it!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Country flag
Man I missed it!
I believe he was referring to the super-secret one that Ford sent the link to in the OTA. It’s where all the Kool Kids hang out now 😀😀😀
Sort of like Clubhouse for Mustang Mach E 😀😀😀

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Acadia Denali, Mach ePremAWD/ER (ordered)
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I'm sorry but I have to respond. I do not think "totally unacceptable" is any kind of threat. I do not believe that there is any industry, job, etc... where any of us could slip our customer's delivery by 44 days and never contact the customer? I can't believe that any CEO of any company would say that was acceptable? People might have a lease. Have to sell their car before. This is not a small purchase and people depend on their vehicles. So I stand by my comment that Ford has not done a good job communicating. I'm not threatening them in any way, make demands. I'm just stating that I can't believe that Ford thinks this behavior is acceptable:) I understand slips. It happens in all industries and with all product deliveries. Staying silent is not good customer service.
I agree. I had an earlier reservation but didn’t place an order until 2.21. I figured I gave myself plenty of time before my lease is up in August. Well, I don’t have a build date yet when I see a lot of feb and march orders and even some April receiving June build dates. My dealer tells me not to be concerned. Hmmm

Advertisement

Advertisement