Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
There is a forum for frequent flyers and travel enthusiasts called flyer talk.com. There are tons of sub forums for various airlines, hotel chains, credit cards, airline alliances, rental car companies, etc. some of these companies actually maintain a public presence on those forums and will sometimes invite users to reach out to them with problems. Other companies don’t acknowledge a presence, but are obviously watching because you see behavior changes, then there are a few companies that actually court members of the forums with events called “dos” (pronounced “doo s”). They’ll be invited to facilities, be wined and dined, offered previews of new products (usually new first and business class cabins), opportunities in the simulators, and meet & greets with various execs. Of course, remember, these are people who are usually spending six digits A YEAR and they usually influence the spend of others. Its a good investment for the airlines to toss things like this at them.
Personally, I’d settle for an invitation for a factory tour ?
FlyerTalk is full of entitled whiners. Twice in my career, I've traveled weekly, often much more than many of the "frequent flyers" on that site. If you want to see Mr. "Do you know who I am?!?", that's a great site to see it on.

I only bring this up because that's a bad community dynamic and it's one I don't want to see here, personally.
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford, please be more transparent with the MME orders. I have been in this same black hole for 5 weeks. Give us a date. Parts problem? Extend the date. Be more TRANSPARENT!
It would take so little to satisfy me. If I knew what month to expect delivery. If I knew what month it would be built. If I even knew what month to expect a build date. All I have is a receipt, an order number and a long list of “I don’t know.”.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
FlyerTalk is full of entitled whiners. Twice in my career, I've traveled weekly, often much more than many of the "frequent flyers" on that site. If you want to see Mr. "Do you know who I am?!?", that's a great site to see it on.

I only bring this up because that's a bad community dynamic and it's one I don't want to see here, personally.
Very true! I’m NOT citing that site as a model for this! I was only talking about different examples of vendor interactions with customers. And yes, in a prior life, I too traveled a bunch. It was fun, and the residuals are handy.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They’re rather selective about who they respond to. it’s worth a try but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting.
Exactly, there are topics they want to address and some they want to skirt. The delivery delays are a skirt, dealer woes are sometimes picked up and issues are referred to the FORD CSM team. The CSM team is merely a shoulder to cry on but they have little power and almost no voice. They will take your complaint but I doubt they do anything with it. The Forum has been great place to voice, but there are some topics that they are not interested in discussing or doing anything about. The screen buzz would be one of them etc. Often I feel they know about it and looking to address it but not going to discuss it with the public.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder what the criteria they use is to determine who they respond to?
We'll never know. However, I do recommend you avoid making posts that sound demanding and whiny. Terms like "totally unacceptable" and statements like "Ford should have done X", "So much for John Smith's ...", "I'm cancelling my order", anything that sounds like an "or else" threat, etc. don't generally endear people to be helpful.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
We'll never know. However, I do recommend you avoid making posts that sound demanding and whiny. Terms like "totally unacceptable" and statements like "Ford should have done X", "So much for John Smith's ...", "I'm cancelling my order", anything that sounds like an "or else" threat, etc. don't generally endear people to be helpful.
I agree; sometimes I think after reading the threat type post: Not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
So, after my long-running recent thread about the bumpy ride that I have experienced with my MME AWD ER First Edition (no need to rehash that particular topic here), I got a call from someone with Ford corporate's Parts & Service team who informed me that he was asked by the team at the plant in Mexico to give me a call and talk through the particular issue that I have been facing with the bumpy ride. They were apparently read the information from that thread and were able to figure out how I was from seeing mention of the dealership that I bought from and then figuring out that I was one of two purchasers of a Mach E from that dealership.
Ford: Thank you. This goes a long way to making me a - Ford for life customer. BTY, I grew up in a Chevy family, then Hondas for my last two cars.

Bellyer: Hope your bumpy ride gets smoothed out. I have not experienced that problem in my mine to any significant degree, so perhaps there's a fix or solution for yours.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
May I just say how much respect I have for the sentiment being displayed on this thread. Just made the realization that it’s not just the technical information —or even the humor that keeps me interested in this forum. It’s the humility and attitude of gratitude I often see expressed. It’s refreshing in this day and age to still see that.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Having only driven Fords too. I can say I was frustrated with the wait. I was in an accident in Nov and needed a car asap. I would have originally still been waiting until May. Luckily I bought a grabber blue first edition off a lot sooner. The car is very different than the sedans I've had before, but the more I drive it, the more I love it. I do hope Ford learns from this and makes the customer experience better. But this car is definitely exciting and fun and worth the wait. and I do think Ford is listening, they just don't seem to have been too vocal about acknowledging that they are. I am excited for this new electric future. I drove an ICE car recently and couldn't believe the vibration, noise, and the delay in acceleration. The Mach E spoils you. At first it takes time to get used to, but once you are, it is hard to go back.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m pretty sure I haven’t been (too) whiny ? and (most) of my posts have been focused on improvements for future product iterations (ok, I’ll acknowledge I keep going on about the seats ?)

I’ve had my car since Wednesday night. Full review coming Saturday, but the TL;DR is NO screen whine (and I’d notice that); no weird gaps or misalignments anywhere, (including the roof); PaaK setup and worked flawlessly until Microsoft Azure issue; no “bouncy ride”; basically, nothing I’ve seen people complain about. Even the FCCS works fine (I only have to press the release button in the light circle to get the coupler to let go). Far beyond what I expected! (Oh, and acceleration and handling are FUN!)

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is good news they are looking at this site. I would ask them to review their online ordering process. Once you order a car it drops in to a dark information hole. In the world of on-line ordering when you place a order you generally know when you will be getting the product its difficult to plan a purchase such as a new car when you have no idea how long it will take to get one. Is it months or year? I have a lease expiring in July I order the Mack-e on Feb 2 I have no idea if I will get the car in time or not. I may have to cancel and order a Tesla so I am not out a car while waiting. Some ball park projection after the order is placed would be very helpful for all of us so we can plan. They must have some idea based on amount they can build and backorders. Even if they say you can expect your car in approx "X" amount of days.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I wonder what the criteria they use is to determine who they respond to?
Exactly, there are topics they want to address and some they want to skirt. The delivery delays are a skirt, dealer woes are sometimes picked up and issues are referred to the FORD CSM team. The CSM team is merely a shoulder to cry on but they have little power and almost no voice. They will take your complaint but I doubt they do anything with it. The Forum has been great please to voice, but there are some topics that they are not interested in discussing or doing anything about. The screen buzz would be one of them etc. Often I feel they know about it and looking to address it but not going to discuss it with the public.
Pretty much what @ChasingCoral and often for the reason stated by @machefan.

The reality is a tweet, post, etc. that's perceived as whiny, snarky, or rude will get less attention and effort than a reasonably polite one pointing out the facts that merit Ford's attention and show your disappointment.

You can also make a tweet (etc.) that qualifies as non rude or whiny and have it get missed by Ford CS. Why? Volume, or they think it's whiny even when you didn't intend it that way. The primary reason for the former is that Ford Motor, CS, And Ford's various public figures are on the worldwide receiving end of an unbelievable volume of communications. The latter case occurs primarily through the use of sarcasm. That never translates well in written mediums. An obvious handicap for those of us with sarcasm as our primary or sole source of humor.

Last edited:

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Pretty much what @ChasingCoral and often for the reason stated by @machefan.

The reality a tweet, post, etc that's perceived as whiny, snarky, or rude will get less attention and effort than a reasonably polite one pointing out the facts that merit Ford's attention and show your disappointment.

You can also make a tweet (etc.) that qualifies as non rude or whiny and have it get missed by Ford CS. Why? Volume. and they think it's whiny even when you didn't intend it that way. The primary reason for the former is that Ford Motor, CS, And Ford's various public figures are on the worldwide receiving end of an unbelievable volume of communications. The latter case occurs primarily through the use of sarcasm. That never translates well in written mediums. An obvious handicap for those of us with sarcasm as our primary or sole source of humor.
Well said!

Twitter is a lottery for being heard, Ford exec's like the rest of us are busy, social media is a thing, generally the execs want to promote Ford, not discuss issues. I was whiny with Mark L. on twitter with the shipping delays, he blocked me for good. I didn't think I was after waiting for god knows how long but I can see where it would have been perceived as such.

I used twitter to get help on my Powertrain fault issue and it worked out very well, engineering was very helpful after someone helped me along. Now for the shipping delays not so much, which was a very negative experience. A Ford CSR / CSM reached out to me and basically told me nothing I didn't already know from the forum. The Forum right now is a the best place to bring issues forward for getting them cataloged, twitter is something that is great for the moment but threads die quickly.

Anyone want to buy my RR FE, so I can go and get a GT :)

When those hit the road I am going to be super jealous...

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Mach-E GT, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s good. Ford has a huge amount riding on the success of the MME. They are gambling the Mustang brand. The CEO has been personally championing the development (he appeared on Jay Leno’s Garage when it was announced.) “Failure is not an option”

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I wouldn't mind my $500 deposit back. It was not deducted from my sale..
My dealer removed $500 deposit from the price I paid on the actual vehicle. You should have gotten that money back in one form or another.
Sponsored