Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We'll never know. However, I do recommend you avoid making posts that sound demanding and whiny. Terms like "totally unacceptable" and statements like "Ford should have done X", "So much for John Smith's ...", "I'm cancelling my order", anything that sounds like an "or else" threat, etc. don't generally endear people to be helpful.
I'm sorry but I have to respond. I do not think "totally unacceptable" is any kind of threat. I do not believe that there is any industry, job, etc... where any of us could slip our customer's delivery by 44 days and never contact the customer? I can't believe that any CEO of any company would say that was acceptable? People might have a lease. Have to sell their car before. This is not a small purchase and people depend on their vehicles. So I stand by my comment that Ford has not done a good job communicating. I'm not threatening them in any way, make demands. I'm just stating that I can't believe that Ford thinks this behavior is acceptable:) I understand slips. It happens in all industries and with all product deliveries. Staying silent is not good customer service.
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm sorry but I have to respond. I do not think "totally unacceptable" is any kind of threat. I do not believe that there is any industry, job, etc... where any of us could slip our customer's delivery by 44 days and never contact the customer? I can't believe that any CEO of any company would say that was acceptable? People might have a lease. Have to sell their car before. This is not a small purchase and people depend on their vehicles. So I stand by my comment that Ford has not done a good job communicating. I'm not threatening them in any way, make demands. I'm just stating that I can't believe that Ford thinks this behavior is acceptable:) I understand slips. It happens in all industries and with all product deliveries. Staying silent is not good customer service.
I strongly agree. My 40+ year relationship with Ford has been permanently damaged by this transaction for the reasons you cite. That’s not a threat but a simple statement of fact. I see no reason to pretend otherwise.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm guessing that Ford's reasons for not announcing themselves on these forums are probably similar to the reasons that I have for not announcing that my work involves managing support experiences for large corporate customers for a certain huge technology company in forums where people complain about certain issues related to our products. I (along with others who do similar work) likely have no interest in people shooting me messages constantly about every single issue that they run into with our products. It is hard enough that I am the help desk for my immediate and extended family. ?

I can certainly relate.... having been Director of Software Development for a number of years in the past, you really don't want individuals loading up your personal inbox directly!

But what you DO want is a transparent Forum/database for reporting bugs and enhancement requests. The goal is to see what the hot topics are, fix'em, rollout the revision, and LET THE USERS KNOW WHAT YOU FIXED, and what your priorities are that are being worked on for 'next update'. We made a point of sorting bug/enhancements to identify common issues, assess priority by 'seriousness' of failure consequences, and let customers know what was going on with 'release notes' published quarterly as well as attached to updates.

Ford corporate has a LONG way to go.... I haven't even gotten a satisfaction survey to rate my purchase after a month on the road, or any way to submit bugs or enhancement requests officially.

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
Emphatically agree with this. It's not threatening to say something is "totally unacceptable" or be "transparent". Ford should be up front concerning orders.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm sorry but I have to respond. I do not think "totally unacceptable" is any kind of threat.
Neither do I. I didn’t say totally unacceptable was a threat either. Read my post. Those are two separate types of statement that are unlikely to endear yourself to the people you would like to influence.

Last edited:

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
The problem with the customer service surrounding this vehicle is that many of the dealers are upset about it, and are behaving passive-aggressively. They do not make as much off the Mach E as other vehicles, they have been marginalized by the sales process, and they know the servicing revenues will be much lower. Ford does not have the staff to provide direct customer service to thousands of customers, as their system is set up to have the dealers handle this. It should be up to the dealer to advise customers of delays in the order and updated delivery expectations.

Last edited:

Fredo

First Name
Fredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback
Country flag
I can certainly relate.... having been Director of Software Development for a number of years in the past, you really don't want individuals loading up your personal inbox directly!

But what you DO want is a transparent Forum/database for reporting bugs and enhancement requests. The goal is to see what the hot topics are, fix'em, rollout the revision, and LET THE USERS KNOW WHAT YOU FIXED, and what your priorities are that are being worked on for 'next update'. We made a point of sorting bug/enhancements to identify common issues, assess priority by 'seriousness' of failure consequences, and let customers know what was going on with 'release notes' published quarterly as well as attached to updates.

Ford corporate has a LONG way to go.... I haven't even gotten a satisfaction survey to rate my purchase after a month on the road, or any way to submit bugs or enhancement requests officially.
You make a good point here and I agree 100% from the tech stand point. I don't work for Ford but my guess is they are rushing out the product without doing lots of UAT testing (the end client becomes the UAT testers now, which is far from desirable from my perspective). Moreover, Ford doesn't seem allocating much resources to gather and log these defects people experienced for further enhancement either (at least not clear enough). I am still going for the Mach E but I do have doubt on their valuation on quality and service (Mach E will be the 1st US brand car I "own" in my life). I find it interesting that a lot of Ford customers are die hard fan of the brand despite Ford continues to not meeting the expectation offered. Just FYI, mine was produced on 2/16/21, shipped on 2/22/21, but hasn't been arrived at San Diego with an estimate delivery date of 4/1/21-4/7/21 (It was 3/22-3/29 and the Ford website still shows this date range). I receive no proactive communication from Ford/dealership until I take actions to enquire, and now I feel a bit tired (and it shouldn't be my responsibility to check for status update) and will just wait until they notify me when it comes.

Last edited:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
That’s good. Ford has a huge amount riding on the success of the MME. They are gambling the Mustang brand.
I think it's perhaps overly dramatic to say Ford is "gambling the Mustang brand" on the Mach-e. For example, the Mustang II from the late 1970's was a terrible car and yet the Mustang brand is still intact and strong. People will always remember a good car and forget the bad ones.

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
In an attempt to write a post that does not sound demanding or whiny, I will second and confirm what above posters Jdonnarumma and jetermeyer stated and add a bit of my own experience.

The FordTracker estimated delivery date stated in corporate emails has come and gone over three weeks ago—Originally scheduled for March 6-12. I got to excitedly watch it count down to 1 day, then cruelly start counting back up. It is now been pushed out to May 2?with no communication or notice-other than my incessant refreshing of the page.
I really would love to have had any sort of info from Ford corporate or anyone who knows why my car is being held in KC for such an extended period of time—someone somewhere knows why it’s being held up!
My local dealer rep (who has been exceedingly patient with me) called me on Saturday to tell me that they have finally confirmed the car is in Kansas City but have no reason why it is being held other than to suspect it’s “for the bolts recall”.
It simply can’t take 6 + weeks to tighten a few subframe bolts.

I just want my car.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
In an attempt to write a post that does not sound demanding or whiny, I will second and confirm what above posters Jdonnarumma and jetermeyer stated and add a bit of my own experience.

The FordTracker estimated delivery date stated in corporate emails has come and gone over three weeks ago—Originally scheduled for March 6-12. I got to excitedly watch it count down to 1 day, then cruelly start counting back up. It is now been pushed out to May 2?with no communication or notice-other than my incessant refreshing of the page.
I really would love to have had any sort of info from Ford corporate or anyone who knows why my car is being held in KC for such an extended period of time—someone somewhere knows why it’s being held up!
My local dealer rep (who has been exceedingly patient with me) called me on Saturday to tell me that they have finally confirmed the car is in Kansas City but have no reason why it is being held other than to suspect it’s “for the bolts recall”.
It simply can’t take 6 + weeks to tighten a few subframe bolts.

I just want my car.
I feel for you and share your emotions
My original ATA was febr 17th, with a built date of December 15th.
This was extended by 6 weeks, which also came and went and only to be extended by yet another 6 weeks.
After calls to my dealership, they finally confirmed that the car is indeed in Kansas and was there for 6 weeks already.
Was told it shipped urgently last week, but the ETA remains May 17th.
If that holds true, it would mean that the car spend 12 weeks in Kansas and would arrive 5 months after build date.

I ask all they people here who caution against threatening posts or whiny ones; where is the hard line in the sand?
I'm I allowed to be unhappy and voice it harshly if shipping takes 5 months?
FYI I have yet to receive a single e-mail from Ford. Sure, I'm nothing special and Ford has a lot going on, so I'm not stupid or self centered enough to believe that they would actually reach out to me.
I understand all the complications of pandemics, new launces etc., but waiting 5 months for shipping and without even a single confirmed reason, is hard to handle.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I think it's perhaps overly dramatic to say Ford is "gambling the Mustang brand" on the Mach-e. For example, the Mustang II from the late 1970's was a terrible car and yet the Mustang brand is still intact and strong. People will always remember a good car and forget the bad ones.
The Mustang II was actually a good car, and a commercial success until the end of oil crisis started changing customer habits again. Mustang lovers didn't love it, but the general buying pubic received it well. It's like the myth that "Nova" means "no go" in Spanish, a meme that won't die.

Obviously our MME's are much better compared to a Mustang than a Mustang II was to a Mustang of its time, though.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Pretty much what @ChasingCoral and often for the reason stated by @machefan.

The reality is a tweet, post, etc. that's perceived as whiny, snarky, or rude will get less attention and effort than a reasonably polite one pointing out the facts that merit Ford's attention and show your disappointment.

You can also make a tweet (etc.) that qualifies as non rude or whiny and have it get missed by Ford CS. Why? Volume, or they think it's whiny even when you didn't intend it that way. The primary reason for the former is that Ford Motor, CS, And Ford's various public figures are on the worldwide receiving end of an unbelievable volume of communications. The latter case occurs primarily through the use of sarcasm. That never translates well in written mediums. An obvious handicap for those of us with sarcasm as our primary or sole source of humor.
Good points. My suspicion is that the public Twitter accounts of well-known Ford figures aren’t even those figures. They’re curated accounts managed by marketing types who screen all the tweets, mentions, and DMs, then decide if a particular issue needs to be escalated to the individual involved. Do you really think that Bill Ford’s phone is going off at all hours of the day and night with DMs from customers and others either saying how nice his cars are, or offering suggestions for product improvements? The same is true for most of the others we’ve seen.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Good points. My suspicion is that the public Twitter accounts of well-known Ford figures aren’t even those figures. They’re curated accounts managed by marketing types who screen all the tweets, mentions, and DMs, then decide if a particular issue needs to be escalated to the individual involved. Do you really think that Bill Ford’s phone is going off at all hours of the day and night with DMs from customers and others either saying how nice his cars are, or offering suggestions for product improvements? The same is true for most of the others we’ve seen.
I have a friend who is one of the winningest and most successful pro female triathletes of all time. She has 2 Twitter accounts and 2 Facebook accounts. And unless you're close enough to know her well, you'd have no clue.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It's like the myth that "Nova" means "no go" in Spanish, a meme that won't die.
Let’s discuss the conjugation of the Spanish verb ir, shall we? (Fun fact, the infinitive is the same in Portuguese but the conjugation is, of course entirely different).

The conjugation of interest is present tense, third person - “he goes”, “she goes”. The conjugation of ir for that tense is va. No of course is no, so “No va” would mean “(he or she) is not going”. Nova. Hahaha! Funny!

Now, for bonus points, why wouldn’t you sell a Ford Pinto in Brazil? ???

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have a friend who is one of the winningest and most successful pro female triathletes of all time. She has 2 Twitter accounts and 2 Facebook accounts. And unless you're close enough to know her well, you'd have no clue.
I’m so sorry to hear that she has even ONE Facebook account. Has she considered therapy? ???
Sponsored