Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope they get their IT issues worked out before the next one. Audio was OK, frequent feedback off Jason C's computer when Chris spoke, a bit laggy, etc.

Even so, it was a good start. Lots of overlap with the webinar the Mach E Club organized as both were essentially about design features. Hopefully we'll get more meat in the next ones.

A question a few of us asked that wasn't quite answered was about how the panoramic glass roof works. They answered just about the roofline.

Clearly they're proud of the roofline trick and the haunches!
Maybe they should try Zoom.

I didn't see that question. In fact I only saw about 20 questions total. I wonder if I was missing something. How many participants were there?
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Session recorded. I'm processing & uploading it now. I tried to adjust the audio slightly so there isn't as much distortion or feedback but it still isn't great. It should take about 35 minutes. I'll add a link here and start a new thread.

This is the same slideshow as the July presentation, but there were some new questions asked. Still nothing new revealed. I tried to get in some questions but the only one they took from me was butchered by the moderator.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe they should try Zoom.

I didn't see that question. In fact I only saw about 20 questions total. I wonder if I was missing something. How many participants were there?
It appeared we couldn't see all the questions. They were answering questions I wasn't seeing as well as a couple I did see.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It appeared we couldn't see all the questions. They were answering questions I wasn't seeing as well as a couple I did see.
I've never seen a single question in either of these. I've heard them answer questions but not actually seen anything.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've never seen a single question in either of these. I've heard them answer questions but not actually seen anything.
You have to click to open the chat or Q&A window on the right.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I hope they get their IT issues worked out before the next one. Audio was OK, frequent feedback off Jason C's computer when Chris spoke, a bit laggy, etc.
if Jason would have worn headphones there would be no feedback. He was causing feedback by not muting and sound coming from his PC speakers.
I was on an iPad and I hate that app. every time I opened chat it would be in the middle of the screen with no way to move the window.
if you were on early, they were live and said they were going to do the same “dog and pony show” I told them in chat no dogs please, only ponies.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
if Jason would have worn headphones there would be no feedback. He was causing feedback by not muting and sound coming from his PC speakers.
I was on an iPad and I hate that app. every time I opened chat it would be in the middle of the screen with no way to move the window.
if you were on early, they were live and said they were going to do the same “dog and pony show” I told them in chat no dogs please, only ponies.
That must have been when they cut off the chat and we both switched to typing in the Q&A to tell them who received the invitations.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
yup. I do that. I use this and Zoom for meetings at two not for profit corporations I'm an officer in.

*shrug*
So what that means is they really had folks compartmentalized on Q&A. I saw some Q&A, including John's, but not some they quoted. You saw none. Very odd implementation of Webex.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
i appreciated the insights. I like how they ducked the question about a glass roof on the GT. I was disappointed to hear that no vehicles will be at dealers to test drive until December. I was hoping for mid-November.
I produce internal events for some of our IT offerings where I work. Since our audience is internal, and we’re the internal IT organization, we don’t use marketing or communications, or the groups who do our executive communications - I just round up a couple of my engineers and schedule Microsoft Teams Live Events. I was sort of expecting something polished for this.Not on the order of an Apple Event (I don’t think anyone could pull that level off), but I was thinking of something closer to the original launch event. I actually appreciated the more “human”, less produced event.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
i appreciated the insights. I like how they ducked the question about a glass roof on the GT. I was disappointed to hear that no vehicles will be at dealers to test drive until December. I was hoping for mid-November.
I produce internal events for some of our IT offerings where I work. Since our audience is internal, and we’re the internal IT organization, we don’t use marketing or communications, or the groups who do our executive communications - I just round up a couple of my engineers and schedule Microsoft Teams Live Events. I was sort of expecting something polished for this.Not on the order of an Apple Event (I don’t think anyone could pull that level off), but I was thinking of something closer to the original launch event. I actually appreciated the more “human”, less produced event.
No issue with how they did it. Just wished for more new details.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Was anyone able to see how many participants watched live? The invitation went out to a very large audience this time. Just curious.

Thanks to @Mach-E VLOG for the recording, too. That's how I had to watch it this time.
About 10 minutes before they went live, the moderator said there was 169 people online so far. They weren't even sure if the invite just went out to people who placed an order or if it also went out to people that signed up for Mach-E news emails.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
About 10 minutes before they went live, the moderator said there was 169 people online so far. They weren't even sure if the invite just went out to people who placed an order or if it also went out to people that signed up for Mach-E news emails.
The invite went at least to reservation and order holders. It then was posted here, in the Mach E Club and at least one Mach E FB group.
Sponsored