JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The invite went at least to reservation and order holders. It then was posted here, in the Mach E Club and at least one Mach E FB group.
I never got one....
Sponsored

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
As a reservation holder converted to a confirmed order, I never received the email either.

I joined the webex late due to another meeting. I arrived around the start of the Q&A and have yet to go back to review the posted video (btw, thank you for posting).

From the few minutes I saw/heard in yesterday’s webex and the previous webex presentation, I have to say the one thing that I personally found to be missing has been a genuine excitement, enthusiastic joy and passion from the presenters. I believe the delivery has been flat. I believe Ford has completely missed an opportunity to engage and maintain its audience through consistent, meaningful and inspired communications. I’m feeling very little love for the 60k I’m about give.

Were it not for this amazing group and the passionate, informative posts, I think my interest in the Mach E would have died on the vine. I continue to hold steady and am anxious to actually see and drive the car.

ncmagus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select, AWD
Country flag
Never received the email either. I registred on ford.ca (or was it ford.com?) to receive news about the mach e and i have a reservation. I did look in my spam.
IMO, they are not notifying enough people (and for some news, why are they sending stuff to ford UK and not every ford? I believe a lot of people would want to know the information even if it's not their country.)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So the invite list didn't include all order or reservation holders. Interesting... Looking back at it, it's sent from a customer service email and the footer says it's from the customer relationship center.

I wonder if it was sent to people who have contacted the toll-free number with questions? I called once, in early January, to find out why I couldn't seem to get my request for marketing and order update emails to be confirmed. (I was getting periodic "click here" to confirm your subscription emails, but wasn't getting any real marketing emails.)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As a reservation holder converted to a confirmed order, I never received the email either.

I joined the webex late due to another meeting. I arrived around the start of the Q&A and have yet to go back to review the posted video (btw, thank you for posting).

From the few minutes I saw/heard in yesterday’s webex and the previous webex presentation, I have to say the one thing that I personally found to be missing has been a genuine excitement, enthusiastic joy and passion from the presenters. I believe the delivery has been flat. I believe Ford has completely missed an opportunity to engage and maintain its audience through consistent, meaningful and inspired communications. I’m feeling very little love for the 60k I’m about give.

Were it not for this amazing group and the passionate, informative posts, I think my interest in the Mach E would have died on the vine. I continue to hold steady and am anxious to actually see and drive the car.
When you listen to the presentation, you will find that the engineers involved (Jason Castriota and Christopher Walter) were really excited and proud about what they did. However, you are absolutely right that their delivery was very flat. Many presenters have trouble keeping up enthusiasm when presenting to an emotionless computer, especially if they have no idea who or how many listeners are on the other side.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So the invite list didn't include all order or reservation holders. Interesting... Looking back at it, it's sent from a customer service email and the footer says it's from the customer relationship center.

I wonder if it was sent to people who have contacted the toll-free number with questions? I called once, in early January, to find out why I couldn't seem to get my request for marketing and order update emails to be confirmed. (I was getting periodic "click here" to confirm your subscription emails, but wasn't getting any real marketing emails.)
Or those who clicked the "contact me" box? or those who went back in and did it again later? or?

Face it, Ford's communications with us is getting better by holding these but they still have a long way to go.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you listen to the presentation, you will find that the engineers involved (Jason Castriota and Christopher Walter) were really excited and proud about what they did. However, you are absolutely right that their delivery was very flat. Many presenters have trouble keeping up enthusiasm when presenting to an emotionless computer, especially if they have no idea who or how many listeners are on the other side.
Dealing with the challenges of live videoconferencing makes it hard too. You're always more cognizant of whether your audio is clear, you're not jumping over someone else, the system is even working, etc. Very distracting and hard for them to focus on presentation.

Too many people involved. I'd rather they just pre-record a presentation and post it.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me it was a first to assist to a web, whatever you call it. So logging on the event took me a while so I did lost the first 15 minutes of it. But thank's to Mache Vlog and or You tube this morning I was able to see what I had miss. Yes sound was a problem. This morning I also figured out all this webex thing and how to get the link from the email received so I should be fine for the next ones.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I'm looking forward to watching the video that Patrick uploaded. (Thanks again Patrick!)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Keep in mind, these are engineers, not professional presenters, and this event was clearly not rehearsed. That said, I thought they did a great job and were clearly enthusiastic about the vehicle and the process. I think they’re very proud their work and can’t wait to get it out into our hands.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A few thoughts on the "excitement level", from an engineer who used to do a lot of training classes:
  1. These were engineers, and speaking from experience most engineers are paid for engineering skills not presentation skills. One might even say that many engineers have stage fright.
  2. This is not a new presentation, and my guess is they've been through it more than the last time we saw it in July - it is very likely that they've been presenting the same thing to a lot of groups. That gets old, and trying to stay "up" when going through the nth presentation is something that engineers aren't normally good at.
  3. Talking to a real audience where you can make eye contact and feed off the crowd is another key to keeping the energy up during a presentation. Of course the reverse is true if they're looking at their phones or otherwise seem uninterested.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To had to my post I just like to say that I was expecting something more that the one presented in a virtual studio Ford Horizon in Cologne, Germany, when they have presented the Sync 4A and the possibility to preset your vehicles preferences and so forth.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
To had to my post I just like to say that I was expecting something more that the one presented in a virtual studio Ford Horizon in Cologne, Germany, when they have presented the Sync 4A and the possibility to preset your vehicles preferences and so forth.
That presentation was very slick -- and very expensive.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The Q&A system is really working. That was my question: “Come on guys. How’s that B&O sound system”?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Prepping today's webinar for upload right now. The video should be online in about 35 minutes.
Sponsored