Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Wow. At Fullerton ford and there not 1, not 2 but three E’s.
image.jpg
I am really glad I went today. Probably overlapped Sorice. All three cars had the light interior. I wish one was black to compare. Was surprised the black one wasn’t black. I started with the light interior on my order and changed it to black when o saw photos. Thought it was a little busy. Better in person but the white panels in the doors just seem like they are bound to get dirty. But really was a good looking interior.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The frunk is opened like the hood of a car except that the lever in the foot well is pulled twice and then the frunk can be opened. I think because it is in the wind, it needs a safety catch. Rather than having to reach under the lip and get your fingers dirty like a hood is is operable from the car. Not on fob. I don’t see this as a daily grocery location. Also as sorice showed, it is small. I think that early PR photo of the ice chest in there is not possible even without the dividers. Store cleaning supplies as someone suggested.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Back seat is roomy. Biggest complaint there is I clobbered my head getting in first time. The interior opens up with raised roof, but the sloping roofline intrudes when you get in. Also makes the back window smaller than I typically like. I thought too late to make sure the rear window glass goes all the way down. Pet peeve of my kids is that the edge rear windows only go halfway down. The roof is spectacular.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went on two rides. One front seat one rear. Ride is great. The ford rep was not flogging it by any means so could not judge pure speed and how it handles. But with moderate pedal it was fast and all turns seemed very flat. The back seat is the place for the roof view. Certainly plenty of room front and rear. Considering it is smaller than the edge, the front seats and cockpit seemed large enough and comfortable. Materials were super nice, very high quality. Soft touch where needed.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doors are just as advertised. Easy open from outside both front and rear. As someone from the AZ visit mentioned the real surprise is how nice the interior handles worked. Best of any car I have ever been in. Satisfying weight solid thump on closing. All we’re preproduction so expect even better on final version.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trunk was smaller than edge so have to remove longer clubs when putting golf bag in back. Not only do they gave the charger under the floor but also have a tire inflator. Nice touch.
Found the rear seat belts a little finicky as they are low and can get caught up in the edge of the fold down seats. How that is better on final version.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Didn’t spend too much time with screen because too much to learn. But as mentioned it is very easy to read nice set up of HVAC etc. liked the screen in front of driver. Basic necessary info displayed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought too late to make sure the rear window glass goes all the way down. Pet peeve of my kids is that the edge rear windows only go halfway down.
The rear windows go almost all the way down, but not quite all the way.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] IMG_8099.JPG

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So if I think of any other impressions I will post. Oh, seat height worked for me. Lower than edge but not falling in. Can be raised quite a bit but then I was hitting my head getting in the front. I am 6’. Probably the biggest thing to get used to for me would be the smaller size overall. Smaller trunk, tighter access for in and out for head room. Inside is no problem. I think if will be a really fun vehicle to own. Looks good in and out. First time for me having a car that will be rare for a while.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Man that Infinite Blue is Sharpe and every popping. With the white/grey interior. Might switch from red to Infinite Blue. it just sparkles and sticks out
I am seriously thinking sticking to my Premium Infinite Blue/light interior after all these pictures :)

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Just registered for 10/25 @ Ken Grody in Buena Park, CA ....my 6 yr old son is gonna go bonkers! :D

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I was at Fullerton Ford in Somerville, NJ today. Lots of folks there. Here are a bunch of photos. The car is very impressive - actually better than I thought! Clean lines, nice interior, plenty of room (not as much as my Nissan Murano but more than I expected for a smaller footprint and more than enough for my needs).

They had THREE there! Premiums in Black, Infinite Blue and Star White.

Frunk is about 36" across in back, about 24" across in front, about 16" deep (see photo). There are some 'bump outs' that will limit what you can store. Not huge, but nice.

Back trunk is about 40" wide and 32" deep with about 27" of clearance from deck to top of opening. There is also shallow storage underneath that holds the charger, etc. that offers a nominal, but nice amount of extra space.

Seating is very comfortable and adjustable. About 27" from ground to bottom of drivers seat when I had it raised to accommodate my height (I'm 5'8"). I was talking to others there and some folks that were in the 6 foot - 6'2" range felt comfortable in both back and front.

Sorry I couldn't get more measurements and photos, but it was pretty crowded.

Saved best for last...

Actually was able to take about a 10 minute (passenger) test drive. I t was waaay better than I expected. It rides really nice. The handling is great, really quiet and firm over bumps. Acceleration was ridiculous (and the driver said she was not even pushing it).

In short - it is an amazing vehicle for a ground-up first of its kind. I'm sold...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] 45F29685-54B3-43C5-B9D7-0529F9ADD575

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] 45F29685-54B3-43C5-B9D7-0529F9ADD575

Thanks for the pictures and summary

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
how dark does glass roof get in bright sun, and are they going to offer a shade
"What you see is what you get" - No shade, and doesn't "react" to the outside light to get darker/lighter (like transitions eye glasses - although that'd be really cool). The glass is a "proprietary Low-E" type solution, and per the driver he claimed the sun was beating down on him all yesterday and he didn't really feel the heat or get bothered by the light. Here are some pics, but it was overcast today.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] IMG_20201019_135723

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] IMG_20201019_135728

Can you make fake reving engine sounds in Park or Neutral with Unbridled? (better than fake farts)
I had been wondering this too! The rep today wasn't sure about this either and was going to look into it. Also wasn't sure if the sound would be generated on the outside as well, like I thought I read somewhere. I noticed some of the local folks who had deposits down at that dealer got the chance to take it for a spin. Hindsight, I should have just asked one of them to try this out.

I did forget to check and see if the rear windows had roll up shades or not, can someone check this? It didn't jump out at me, but I could have overlooked it. The LATCH anchors are easy to get to for carseats! See pic:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] IMG_20201019_135638

Last edited: