buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
ground clearance is a real concern, especially with that glossy front bumper
Ground clearance will naturally be measured at the lowest point, which is typically the air deflectors in front of the wheels.

Would really need to look at the complete underside to see how much additional clearance that offers but as these deflectors are flexible enough that they can be scraped on a curb without issue the front bumper will probably have around another inch or two of ground clearance , add in the shorter front overhang it should go some way to limit the potential of scratching it up in everyday use.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ground clearance will naturally be measured at the lowest point, which is typically the air deflectors in front of the wheels.

Would really need to look at the complete underside to see how much additional clearance that offers but as these deflectors are flexible enough that they can be scraped on a curb without issue the front bumper will probably have around another inch or two of ground clearance , add in the shorter front overhang it should go some way to limit the potential of scratching it up in everyday use.
We need more pictures from the underside!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] skateboard bottom

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The underbelly of the MME has the aerodynamics of a golf ball. Be careful not to slice it into the rough on the way home from the dealership!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The underbelly of the MME has the aerodynamics of a golf ball. Be careful not to slice it into the rough on the way home from the dealership!
If my driving ability were pegged to my golfing abilities, I'd have my Mach E wrapped into a tree within mere minutes

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I remember an episode of the Red Green show where he took a hammer to a car to make it more efficient. Golf balls with dimples fly farther, why not cars? Maybe it works for the bottom of the Mach E?

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
We need more pictures from the underside!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] 40EFF9DE-832B-4748-96A9-2F21D6355E35
Indeed hopefully once some gets one up on a lift will all be able to tell the actual lowest point and minimum height to avoid any bottoming out, curb knocks or scrapes due to approach angles

Using the GT as a worst case as that will have the lowest ground clearance the deflector (highlighted in case people don't know what I am talking about) still adds a bit so most people should not have an issue in everyday use when it comes to the front bumper .

I have scraped the deflectors up a few times in my focus ST / RS which has a lower ride height so you can poke the front bumper out over a low curb and get away with it and with the mach-e getting c-max levels of poor when it comes to turning circle you may being doing that more often than expected lol.

low_point.jpg

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Indeed hopefully once some gets one up on a lift will all be able to tell the actual lowest point and minimum height to avoid any bottoming out, curb knocks or scrapes due to approach angles

Using the GT as a worst case as that will have the lowest ground clearance the deflector (highlighted in case people don't know what I am talking about) still adds a bit so most people should not have an issue in everyday use when it comes to the front bumper .

I have scraped the deflectors up a few times in my focus ST / RS which has a lower ride height so you can poke the front bumper out over a low curb and get away with it and with the mach-e getting c-max levels of poor when it comes to turning circle you may being doing that more often than expected lol.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] low_point
Hey, that's my car ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey that’s one of mine! ;)
Here’s another.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] low_point
Thanks. You're the first person I've seen think to take these. We need more!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi all, MANY new dealers for the tour.....those of you in NJ.....NOV. 10 ALL AMERICAN FORD HACKENSACK......

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

The low clearance plus "nose overhang" worry me a bit. I have a WRX which has 6.1 inches of clearance. I've scrapped the front numerous times even though I'm careful. I also have to watch out when parking it the curb looks a bit high. And I ended up cracking the front during one big snow storm when I must have hit a large chunk of ice.

My wife currently has a RAV4 and hasn't driven my WRX. I'll be really worried when she is driving the Mach-E.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I remember an episode of the Red Green show where he took a hammer to a car to make it more efficient. Golf balls with dimples fly farther, why not cars? Maybe it works for the bottom of the Mach E?
Mythbusters did it too: Covered a car with clay and dug out dimples.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The low clearance plus "nose overhang" worry me a bit. I have a WRX which has 6.1 inches of clearance. I've scrapped the front numerous times even though I'm careful. I also have to watch out when parking it the curb looks a bit high. And I ended up cracking the front during one big snow storm when I must have hit a large chunk of ice.

My wife currently has a RAV4 and hasn't driven my WRX. I'll be really worried when she is driving the Mach-E.
Simple solution... Don't let her drive it. ;)
Sponsored